Pistols and Trichromes

Depends on why you want to flush. You did not mention what you are growing in; natural soil, coco mix, hydro as examples. The others have mentioned flushing will have little effect on removing removing or adding to the taste.

Flushing is often recommended for plants being fed with processed fertilizers that produce a salt buildup over several weeks. These salts in the medium can cause a slowdown of both the growth and the plant being able to absorb what it needs.

It sounds like you are on course to what you want. Several more weeks and when the vast majority of the trichomes on the buds are milky colored it will be time to harvest. The more amber colored trichomes on the buds then the more likely that you will end up with a 'couch-lock' harvest.
If you need to flush your plant when harvest comes you've overfed, it's that simple. You can't flush minerals out of the plants tissues and if you do like many growers do and flush with plain water your plant will try to hold on to its minerals to keep osmotic pressure in the plants tissue. Complete opposite of what you're trying to achieve!

The plant need to keep water and uses minerals and amino acids to hold on to it. There's no water in plain form in either humans or plants, it needs minerals and amino acids to bind where it's supposed to go.

You can't flush minerals out of the plants tissues
Yes, which is what I said when mentioning that flushing is used as a way to remove the build-up of salts in the medium the plant is growing in. I hope I did not imply that removing these salts from the soil is a way to clean out the plant of unwanted tastes or anything else that the grower thinks has an effect on the taste.

Is there a way to remove the salt build-up or excess fertilizer during the normal growth cycle? I have not come across any method other than "flushing", a common term used in Cannabis growing groups, or "leaching" as used in many indoor and outdoor gardening groups.

I am not implying that this flushing process is a way to change the taste of the smoke or psycho-active effect that THC.

Yes, which is what I said when mentioning that flushing is used as a way to remove the build-up of salts in the medium the plant is growing in. I hope I did not imply that removing these salts from the soil is a way to clean out the plant of unwanted tastes or anything else that the grower thinks has an effect on the taste.

Is there a way to remove the salt build-up or excess fertilizer during the normal growth cycle? I have not come across any method other than "flushing", a common term used in Cannabis growing groups, or "leaching" as used in many indoor and outdoor gardening groups.

I am not implying that this flushing process is a way to change the taste of the smoke or psycho-active effect that THC.
"Flushing" is fine as long as you do it correctly with a low ppm/EC solution and no plain water. But by doing so you haven't fixed the main problem which is still overfeeding. I do "flush" pretty often myself on new strains when my runoff run away from me but that's more of a running another feeding cycle with lighter solution to replenish the medium instead of plain water with 3x the volume of the medium. Cheers!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “who cares about the spelling, you know what I’m trying to say”. It’s even a step further because so many words have multiple spellings with different meanings. This is without even introducing the different spelling in the queens English.
Misspell the word and it can slow down how long it takes to read the sentence. It could even change what the writer is trying to say.

Have you ever seen this quote:

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
--James D. Nicoll

Back
Top Bottom