Planning next grow - Wanna help?

TheFertilizer

I usually use solo cups to start seeds, but I am looking at these yogurt containers I have been saving and they look interesting, they're about 4" wide and 2" deep. I'm wondering if they would have any disadvantages versus the solo cups, because I think it would be nice to be able to use less dirt when germinating seeds. I can't really think of any other distinct advantages but for some reason I just feel like the smaller size is more suitable. I am planning to end up in 3 gallon pots, and I think a solo cup sized root ball would progress into a gallon container faster than the yogurt sized ones.

Anyway just looking for a pro and con list for those. Doesn't matter much but I'd rather take the time to think it out versus being mad I overlooked something later, but I gotta get planting soon...

My plan/goal...

Get 5 seeds to germinate, I have 5 3-gallon pots and basically the perfect amount of dirt for them all. The odd number is well, odd, but I decided that 5 pots this size would maximize my 4x4 tents grow space in a way I still thought manageable (4 in a square one in the center). I have two strains, Blackberry Kush and Platinum Girl Scout Cookies and my last grow it took the PGSC over a week to sprout, and only 2/5 seeds were viable. The Blackberry Kush seeds sprout in as little as two days, with a few taking closer to four or five, but basically all seeds planted would sprout.

So I think I need to plant several PGSC first, 5 or more (dunno what I will do with the extras, maybe I could save them for mothers or throw them outside?) so I can get 2-3 and about two days from a week I will plant 3 Blackberry Kush seeds hoping they sprout at the same time as the PGSC, and I will basically worry which to keep based on which get the biggest the fastest. I want to rogue out weak plants but I really like these genetics so I don't wanna waste too many seeds.

Now the other thing I am trying to work out is the timing. I am starting classes mid September, and finals are the first week of December, and I am looking at that schedule and realizing I'm going to end up being in final flower or harvest at the same time I will be doing final exams. So I am trying to decide how to align that a little differently and I THINK if I begin now, and veg until mid October, I should actually get done around late December during break. I have never really had to try to time things out like this though. But the question is how big will my plants be by then and if the stretch will blow out the top of my tent...

Maybe the easier way to do it would be to see when I want to finish and count back 8-9 weeks from that point to see when I need to start flower by?

Growing tiny little plants 12/12 from seed was do much easier logistics wise, but I need more than a quarter per plant lol

Sprout 2 autos ASAP and let them do their thing while you plop 2 ea of your kush and GSC to veg/train for however long you need. Best of all worlds. Just give those autos 2-3 week head start. Let's you grow, flower, stagger harvest, ... It keeps things interesting. Whatever you choose, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom