Post harvest - What now? Planning advice needed

TheFertilizer

I just harvested my second grow. It was a decent little yield, it could have been better but I am happy. I got a just shy of 6 ounces off 5 plants, though I did sacrifice a lot of popcorn bud to get 1/8th of hash too.

Okay I gotta show off the pull... One jar of Platinum Girl Scout Cookies, and 2 3/4 of Blackberry Kush
IMG_20161208_023545.jpg

It's also kind of hard to choose between these two strains to grow... PGSC on the left, BBK on the right
IMG_20161207_135004.jpg

Anyway, I don't want to waste time getting going again and I have a few different options. I have 1 clone that survived my black thumb of death, and it's still needing a lot of TLC and I have no idea when it will get established.

(Blackberry Kush... I think. To be honest I'm not sure if it's BBK or PGSC. I'll know when/if it flowers)
IMG_20161208_145206.jpg
IMG_20161208_145246.jpg
IMG_20161208_145236.jpg

Then in addition to that, I have this Platinum Girl Scout Cookies plant I'm trying to reveg. I don't know if I did something wrong when pulling the buds off, but all top growth has stopped and it's only putting new vegetative growth on the bottom branches, and even then it's like an odd mix of preflowers and trying-to-flower spots, and other single-leaf spots... Is this normal? Again, no idea how long it would take to reveg, but I basically just need to wait until I can clone off of it.

IMG_20161208_151136.jpg
IMG_20161208_151126.jpg
IMG_20161208_151153.jpg
IMG_20161208_145101.jpg

Then besides that I have quite a few seeds to choose from. I have 3 Blackberry Kush bagseeds, not sure if they're actually the same genetics though. I got the ones I grew out from a friend of mine who got them from a grower that light-poisoned them, so they ended up being feminized. These three I got from a friend that got them out of a bag a local dispensary sold, and no telling if they were cross pollinated or if they're selfed. They did look just like the ones that I had originally if that counts for anything. Anyway, blah blah, a gamble.

Then I have 4-5 Platinum Girl Scout Cookies feminized seeds left, but I want to grow 5 in my 4x4 and I haven't had a 100% germination rate, nor has the strain been very stable--so I might only end up with two or three strong plants. On the plus side, I can probably get more than just the 4 or 5 from my buddy who made them.

Last, but certainly not least, I created a Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Black Cherry Soda cross this cycle that I have just under 50 of. However, those are pretty much a total mystery in terms of how they will come out, and they're not feminized, so it's a gamble if I'll even get many females.

That's not all even... I have 1 feminized Romulan a buddy gifted me, and a pinch of Blue Harvest self or cross-pollenated, but as for the Romulan I want to save that until I am better at cloning and the Blue Harvest, again kind of a gamble.

Unless I'm wrong, in the time that it would take for the clone or the re-veg plant to get to the point where I could take clones off of them, I could have sprouted seeds and got them into full vegetative phase. Unless I'm wrong?

Then again, who knows how long sexing the regular seeds could take, and I would almost certainly need to plant more than I needed to ensure I get enough choice picks if I went with the seeds.

So anyway yeah, I don't really know what direction to go from here. I suppose the best thing to do would be to start planting seeds to keep my options open, but which ones, and how many...

Back
Top Bottom