plant food recommendations?

Re: plant food recommendations ?

Ye more likely have to go online & order stuff which is suitable for for DWC or hydroponics growing methods or visit a near by store.

You may wish to get PH & PPM pen also :thumb:

If ya not shy & up for a banter we will see who chimes in on the matter at hand !

Its subjective there are many brands to choose from and a host of supplements you can buy.
You could visit some DWC journals and see what others are using. A list of products used by the Grow Journal's author is always on the first post of the Journal so its easy to find.

Then check your local grow shop and see whats available. Some people use 12 or more products some use 6 or 7 products.

A search and some investigating on people DWC bounty from the products they are using would prove useful in deciding what you want to try.

Most basic foods are 3 part , you will also want supplements for health and vigor and PH down/ up.

Dynagro foilage pro, dynagro bloom.dynagro protekt, Bioag ful-power , Flying Skull Z7 and Mad Farmer MOAB .
Dynagro products are cheap and one part base. You could also use dynagro Mag-pro.
All good and easy to use.
For ph adjusting I recommend ......gulp..... AN ph up and down because a quart is so concentrated it will last a year or better.

You could get a read on Advanced Nutrients ph perfect. You will save some time with ph checking and they work good.

Problem with PH perfect and DWC is that PH perfect holds its PH for about a week. Advanced Nutrients for good reason advise you to dump your nutrients after a week and make a new batch. It does not do well when you try to adjust the PH yourself ( it goes up and down at random).

I am using PH perfect myself but Not in DWC I am using it with HPA / high pressure aeroponic's drain to waste.

Been a comparison with an experienced grower on another un-named forum. Dynagro products just beat out the AN lineup.
The entire lineup of dynagro will cost you a fraction of the cost of the entire AN lineup(although I don't know why anyone would run the entire lineup).
When I was using AN I kept it to bare minimum . sensi grow a/b , sensi bloom a/b . B52 , Big bud and bud candy.
I'll still use the big bud from time to time.

Problem with PH perfect and DWC is that PH perfect holds its PH for about a week. Advanced Nutrients for good reason advise you to dump your nutrients after a week and make a new batch. It does not do well when you try to adjust the PH yourself ( it goes up and down at random).

I am using PH perfect myself but Not in DWC I am using it with HPA / high pressure aeroponic's drain to waste.

Do you use a product to keep your system clean, like drip clean or flying skull z7 or any enzyme product for that matter?
Or better yet, do you have a link to your system ? I don't want to sidetrack OP's thread but am interested in HPA.

So far I have only been using Peroxide to flush the system with and I dump some into the bottom of the mist chamber to kill any fungus or growth that can collect in the 1" or so of nutrients that collects before pump out.

Once a week I will run a strongish solution of peroxide & water threw the mist lines and mister. I have been keeping my nutrients in a clean 1 gallon jug which gets changed once a day. This way I always have fresh cold nutrients to feed with. The peroxide keeps the system and lines slime free , so far..

This is my first try with a aeroponics system , it uses very little water/nutrients , well with my 5 mister system.
(its in a 3.5 ft igloo cooler)

edit to add: I have not documented anything yet. But I will in the near future. It is interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom