Plant / grow setup troubleshooting request

tastytomato

Problem: I have done successful rooms just like this before but for some reason that I can’t figure out this one is having problems. I gave the exact specs below in hopes somebody can recognize the issue here. My water was in question and I put on a Big Boy filter (which has been on from the beginning). The plant leaves are rigid and yellowing and drooping down. The old leaves are turning brown and crispy and dying off. I made notes on each picture. It seems like the lights are killing the plants, haha/wtf? Maybe the lights are making them metabolize faster so the signs show quicker.

What Strain is it? Purple Earkle
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? 100% Indica
How Many Plants? Decent amount (8” coco baskets, 16 pots per light)
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? Different per plant, see notes on pictures
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? Different per plant, see notes on pictures
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro: coco flood and drain
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 250 gallons
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 71 degrees
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Coco: Botanicare Readygro aeration formula
If Hydro, what type of Setup? Flood and drain in 4’x8’ tables
If Soil... What is in your Mix? NA
If Soil... What Size Pot? 8” coco baskets
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1000W HPS, two per 4’x8’ table
Is it Air Cooled? Yes, 8” AC hoods
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Room has been kept at 78 degrees. Have good AC, can put at any temperature if needed
RH of Room/Cabinet? I keep it at 50% Humidity
PH of Medium or Reservoir? I have kept it from 6.2 to 6.8 in the reservoir before watering each time. More often on the 6.2-6.4 end.
Any Pests? Spider mites. I have been using green light neem concentrate
How Often are you Watering? I water manually (run the flood and drain) whenever they look dry
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Water goes through Big Boy filter first, then into reservoir. General Hydroponics Expert flood and drain, by the schedule for a 200 gallon system. I have a 250 gallon reservoir with 250 gallons but use a mix rate at 200 gallons. Phosphoload at 2mil per liter
Size or Square Footage of Room? 12’ x 24’ x 8’ (W x L x H)

img_020-11.jpg

IMG 1 - A bunch of plants like this were put on 12 hours for 12 days (from a 18 hour veg cycle). Before they clicked to 12 hours they showed slight signs of deficiencies. They got worse and worse after the click until I took this picture.

img_027-11.jpg

IMG 2 - These are two of the plants that were part of the group from IMG 1. But when the group from IMG 1 was clicked to 12 hours these were removed from that group and put in a room with same specs as listed in intro, but on a 18 hour cycle (they were kept at 18). The plant (representative of more) in the back was put on a table with no light above it, the plant (representative of more again) in the front was under same 1000hps lights just on 18 hours vs 12.

img_021-11.jpg

IMG 3 - This is of a plant from the 12 hour room.

img_019-11.jpg

IMG 4 - The two closest to us/front are from the 12 hour room, the two in the back are the same from IMG 2 that were moved before the click to the 18 hour room.

img_015-11.jpg

IMG 5 - leaves as they get worse from the group of IMG 1 in the 12 hour room.

img_023-11.jpg

IMG 6 - These are from the 18 hour room, they have light above them.

img_024-11.jpg

IMG 7 - Another from the 18 hour room. Same situation as described above that they were moved from 12 hour room when 12 hour room clicked so they stayed 18 hour. This is with light.

img_026-11.jpg

IMG 8 - A healthy plant that is in the 18 hour room (moved from 12 hour at click). This one is not under a light! Looks better than IMG 6 and 7.

Ph should be between 5.5 and 6.2. I have a feeling your water's high ph is causing your plant not to absorb some of the nutes it needs to stay healthy. I'd love to see the pics though.

I fixed the images. Thanks.

If a moderator reads this, I followed the directions to a T for images (to a fault) - the directions leave out needing to submit the images a second time (the second time processes them and makes them work). But it was weird because they worked in the preview, maybe the "non-processed" images are active for a bit then get deleted.

I am pretty sure it is not the pH level. I have used hydroton, soil, coco, grodan, etc and am familiar with how they all affect pH levels. Watering at 6.2 - 6.8 is the right pH for the Botanicare Ready-gro Aeration formula. Also, pH is pretty hard to mess up. There is a large range you can move around in and have optimal nutrient uptake. You only really risk affecting Calcium, Magnesium and Iron and you would have to go pretty far out of the ranges we are talking about (if I read charts right). If I watered at pH 7 things should still come out fine by the charts unless Iron was the limiting factor.

I am pretty sure it is not the pH level.

I have used hydroton, soil, coco, grodan, etc and am familiar with how they all affect pH levels. Watering at 6.2 - 6.8 is the right pH for the Botanicare Ready-gro Aeration formula. Also, pH is pretty hard to mess up. There is a large range you can move around in and have optimal nutrient uptake. You only really risk affecting Calcium, Magnesium and Iron and you would have to go pretty far out of the ranges we are talking about (if I read charts right). If I watered at pH 7 things should still come out fine by the charts unless Iron was the limiting factor.

Jorge Cervantes said:
The ideal pH range for hydroponics is from 5.8 — 6.8. ... Cannabis Clue: Raw water pH above 6.0 helps keep fertilizer mixes from becoming too acidic. Cannabis will grow in almost any soil, but it flourishes when the pH is between 6.5 and 7.

Quoted from MarijuanaGrowing.com by Jorge Cervantes

General Hydroponics Recommendation: 5.5-6.5
Sunlight Supply Recommendation: 5.8-6.8

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro: coco flood and drain
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 250 gallons
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 71 degrees
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Coco: Botanicare Readygro aeration formula
If Hydro, what type of Setup? Flood and drain in 4'x8' tables
If Soil... What is in your Mix? NA
If Soil... What Size Pot? 8" coco baskets

Your info states that you are using a hydro system. Your pics tell us otherwise. Earlier we were only going by your info stated above. This is now very confusing, because your info stated is not what is true. It appears you are using soil; however, we have no info on what kind, because you stated you were using hydro.... ?

Your info states that you are using a hydro system. Your pics tell us otherwise. Earlier we were only going by your info stated above. This is now very confusing, because your info stated is not what is true. It appears you are using soil; however, we have no info on what kind, because you stated you were using hydro.... ?

As far as I know you are a forum troll trying to pull another person into an argument (which is working). I feel like I asked for help/ideas and now I have to defend myself from you.

The post per the guidelines says specifically and accurately what I grow in, Ready-gro is coco coir with perlite and tiny bit of organics. That is hydro.

Somebody recommended I post on here. It is not like I won't figure it out, they just wanted me to. It took me time to post those photos that I could have used to do something else. When you harass people you make 420 forums look bad to people who come on here and read existing threads. You guys get the thread and content if there is an answer to this. It is not like you are doing me some huge favor that I am going to kiss some trolls butt who tells me my pH is off.

As far as I know you are a forum troll trying to pull another person into an argument (which is working). I feel like I asked for help/ideas and now I have to defend myself from you.

You could'nt be more wrong. Ms. Fox has helped more people here than I can count. You should apologize for being such a dick and maybe she will continue to help you......

Tasty tomato, I know Ms fox is no troll. Your info didn't seem to match the pics so there was confusion. Many people who come here know nothing at first so we all try to get the best info to be able to give the best answer. :peace:
As far as your ph,I am not arguing as I don't grow hydro but everything I have read says 5.5 to 5.8 is optimal for hydro. Obviously you can stray from that and get good results but that is considered optimal,which is what people try for.

And :welcome: to 420 mag!

It is not like I won't figure it out, they just wanted me to. It took me time to post those photos that I could have used to do something else

And when you post questions that you apparently already have answers for, you waste the time of members like Ms Fox who could be helping someone who really needs it....

your plants probably just dont like you is my guess, I dont know why......:grinjoint:

Now that's funny! :)

You see this kind of member every now and then. Someone who hasn't spent anytime on the forum, accusing staff or respected members of some ludacris behavior or advice, and basically just being hostile or confrontational. Fortunately, they never stick around long.....:grinjoint:

Nothing says "please help me" more than calling a trusted member a troll on your 5th post...

From what ive read and heard growing in coco has a different learning curve than hydroton.

to me it looks like coco cal/mag lockout, combined with too high ph.

how many floods in a 24 hour period?

just when I`m about to say "I`ve heard it all" someone screws is up, lol, hey Hogdady, I was first to vote this AM, you were at 100% when I left for work :)

Back
Top Bottom