Plant Growth

weediologist

Hey
I have a 5 week old plant click to see picture -->

growth1.JPG

i have a 2 gallon filtered water mixed with some root booster and when i feed it a cup of water the next day its grow about 5-7 full finger leaves i only water onces(1) a week by then the soil is dry all the way down the pot(i use a water meter thing) and this grow is in a 6 inch wide pot. should i feed it water every other day cause i dont want my roots to root and should i fertizle the soil once a week with chemical fert called Peter 20-20-20?
please help me??

Oh boy.. where do I start?

1. Give them more dirt. Those pots are WAAAAY to empty. Those stalks look really stretched out and weak.

2. As far as watering goes, if you have a moisture meter then I don't see why you'd have a problem. You don't ever want them to completely dry out. Stick your finger in the dirt, and if they're dry a few inches from the top-- water them. Or just use your moisture meter properly ;)

cause i dont want my roots to root
3. I have NO idea what you meant by this. Roots are a good thing. Without roots, your plants aren't getting the nutrients it needs.

4. You haven't said anything about lighting, but from the looks of the picture I'd say you need to work on that.

5. RESEARCH!! By the sounds of it, this is a pretty thrown-together grow and you don't really know what you're doing. You should always research first, grow second. Why waste an entire grow because you didn't know what to do?

I find it very upsetting when people throw seeds into dirt without planning, and then wonder after why it's not working out too well.

Please make use of the endless resources on this site, as well as a wealth of people willing to answer any questions.

Hope that helps a bit, and good luck :cheesygrinsmiley:

Okay, first i used good soil with 45% moss, and have perlites and everything. the light i have is a 175Watt MH and i just added today a compact CFL 30 watt = 100watt puts out 2000 lumens and put it pointing under the plants so the leaves can get light from under. i use filtered water mixed the little root booster and fertilizer 20-20-20. feed them onces a week. and use filtered water every other day to flush the plant. so i do know wat am doing my plant is grow litter fast ill post a picture in hour or so. but i think cause i used seeds from my ashtray so i dont know if its from some shity weed or good so i think that what got to do with it

Well one i would of used a floural to veg the lil sprout a few days. Second dont how far is ur light away. wiht a mh ur plants should be alot healther. and waterin like vexy said only water when needed

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES:

TOP VIEW OF PLANT 1:
growth_1.JPG

TOP VIEW OF PLANT 1:
growth_2.JPG

VIEW OF PLANT 2(2 WEEKS OLD):
growth_3.JPG

UNDERNEATH VIEW OF PLANT 1:
growth_4.JPG

STEM:
growth_5.JPG

GROW CLOSET (WITH VENTALTION):
growth_6.JPG

weediologist said:
Okay, first i used good soil with 45% moss, and have perlites and everything. the light i have is a 175Watt MH and i just added today a compact CFL 30 watt = 100watt puts out 2000 lumens and put it pointing under the plants so the leaves can get light from under. i use filtered water mixed the little root booster and fertilizer 20-20-20. feed them onces a week. and use filtered water every other day to flush the plant. so i do know wat am doing my plant is grow litter fast ill post a picture in hour or so. but i think cause i used seeds from my ashtray so i dont know if its from some shity weed or good so i think that what got to do with it
You appear to have taken offense to what I said, which was not my intent. From what I saw in the first picture, and from what you said in your first post, I got the impression you did not fully understand the fundamentals of growing marijuana.
My apologies for being wrong.

I wasn't debating your soil quality at all. I simply said to add more soil to the pot. Pots should be filled, not half empty.

I asked about the lighting because you didn't mention anything about it in your first post. And I still wonder, as those are VERY stretched out plants. By the time they get to the flowering stage, there is no way they'll support themselves at all.

i only water onces(1) a week by then the soil is dry all the way down the pot
And now you're saying you add filtered water every other day?? In your first post you said you were watering them once a week, and that the soil was drying out between waterings... :hmmmm: so which is it??

You asked for help, and it was given to you. I just want to see happy, healthy plants ;) I may just be misinterpreting you, as it's a little tricky to figure out what you're actually asking.....

i have started watering with filtered water every like other day and feed fertizler onces a week and the lighting its a 175watt MH plus and 30 watt compact floro light that puts out 100watt at 2000 lumens so i have total of 15000 lumens for 2 plants. i have the plants about 3-4inches away from the 175 watt mh (no signs of burns) and the 30 watt compact floro providing light from the bottom. my closet stays at 88F when lights on and 63F when lights off. sorry sexy vexy i didnt mean to be an ass i was jsut depressed yest. sorry

i have for like the 3 weeks, if you look on the picture with the setup and look on the left side you will see a dryer pipe thing its blows air in and keeps the heat away so the plants dont get burned. and on the other side (cant see it) there is a vent hole to let out the air. i have another question i dont have a CO2 tank and dont want to miss with that incase it explosed so i heard that if you get a spray bottle and soda water or bubbly water it will work the same. is that true. okey i just water once everyother day cause i saw that the plant grow little faster when i did that so ill water every 2 days, but when i water every other day the soil is dry about a inch down by then, so tell me what i should do.

How long have your plants been in those little pots I would put them in something larger before to long. It's allright to starve your plants a bit it just makes the roots grow deeper searching for water as far as nutrients I wouldn't fertilize weekly at this point and only give them half strength on the ferts. It will grow better under nourished than burnt. If you over fertilize your going to stunt there growth more.

Otherwise I think your plant looks rather healthy. Keep it simple!

okey am only using half the ferts per gallon. and my stem is like peel like this white skin, do plant stem shed.

That happened to one of my plants once it did allright through harvest but it started later on. I don't know what that is or if it's even bad

I just put my plants in a 5 gallon pot and watered it with root stimulator so help with the shock. i think my plants was not growing because when i transplanted the roots had filled all the soil so i think this transplant will help the plant grow faster and better and i massaged the root ball then transplanted it i heard that helps loosing the roots to spread better in the new soil.

one the small plant my bottom leaves are yellowing the whole leaf is now. help on that is the to much fertizler?

Ill Be Post New Picture My Plant Is Now 13 Inches Tall And Its Grow Fast As Hell Now Since I Put Them New 400 Watt Mh Lights In There.

2. As far as watering goes, if you have a moisture meter then I don't see why you'd have a problem. You don't ever want them to completely dry out. Stick your finger in the dirt, and if they're dry a few inches from the top-- water them. Or just use your moisture meter properly ;)

Vexy i'm a little confused with the best way to water:
your saying that we never want the plants to completely dry out at all?? I thought u should wait till the pot was completely dry before watering again? I also tend to water little bits at a time rather than large amounts of water for a couple days? Do you have any suggestions on which method works best

Pls let me know
(your plants look awesome!!!!)

okey i have a moisture meter its rates from 1-4, 4 been alot of water.....what number should it be on for me to water the pot the pot is about 4-5 gallons i water it when the meter says 1 and the meter is about 1-2 inches above the bottom of the pot.

Here are some picture taken last week when they where on there last week of the vege cyce using a 400 watt MH, now they are on flowering on a 400 watt HPS:

plant_growth.JPG

This plants is about 15 inches today and 2 days in flowering.

plant_growth_1.JPG

Shoot of both on last week of Vege cycle

plant_growth_2.JPG

Closer shot

plant_growth_3.JPG

Smaller plant

Ill have more pictures up in a day or so.... temperture is 86F and is about only 8 inches away from the light.

eyeless1 said:
Vexy i'm a little confused with the best way to water:
your saying that we never want the plants to completely dry out at all?? I thought u should wait till the pot was completely dry before watering again? I also tend to water little bits at a time rather than large amounts of water for a couple days? Do you have any suggestions on which method works best

Pls let me know
(your plants look awesome!!!!)
Nope. You do NOT want your plants to completely dry out. Once the top few inches of soil are dry, it's time to water. With a tray under your pot (which of course has drainage ;) ) any excess water will pour into there until the plant is ready to absorb it.

It doesn't matter if you're watering it with a large amount or a bunch of small amounts. The only thing that matters is that the plant is recieving the amount it needs. With practise you tell just by looking at the plant :cheesygrinsmiley:

Whichever works best for you and your plant!! I hope that answers your question?

Back
Top Bottom