Plant is in trouble but not sure what kind -- Please help

tiger87

My grow (only my 2nd):
heavyweight fruit punch feminised
soil: FFOF
nutes: 1/4tsp per gallon twice since I started (FF grow big)
8 weeks in veg
currently on 15th day of flower
using 2 150W LEDs
3' by 1.7' 5.5' tent with 250CFM exhaust fan
78F during lights on 66F lights off
35% humidity (was 65% for veg)

When the leaves first started yellowing (I assumed this was nute burn) I flushed. things looked okay so I started a regimen of nutes (about 4-5 weeks in). After the second feeding I started noticing more "burning" so I stopped the nutes and flushed ~1 week before I switched to flower. Plants looked okay for a little while, but have been getting progressively worse. I flushed again a few days ago, but now I am not so sure it is nute burn and don't really know what to think. See pictures below and any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am going to try to get something to measure pH today... will update when I know more on that front.

20141220_123727.jpg

20141220_123709.jpg

20141220_123633.jpg

20141220_123617.jpg

20141220_123333.jpg

20141220_123308.jpg

20141220_123255.jpg

Looks like lockout from pH imbalance. Maintaining proper pH is one of the most important aspects of growing. You'll probably need to add cal/mag to your feedings too

I swear I see some of that early leaf problem on my plants... gonna watch this. Good luck, please let us know what you do and find out.

Looks like lockout from pH imbalance. Maintaining proper pH is one of the most important aspects of growing. You'll probably need to add cal/mag to your feedings too

A decent digital pH meter isn't in the budget at the moment so I had to use drops. My tap water is ~7 and my run off is ~6 so I figure my root zone is between 5 and 6 (is this a fair assumption?)... "lockout from pH imbalance" is looking like a pretty good bet.

I picked up some pH up/down, CalMg and TigerBloom. What should be the target pH of my water to get pH up to the ~6.5 sweet spot? ... or should I flush until I get it up to the right level then feed with properly pHed water?

Thanks in advance

I don't grow in soil, so I'm not sure how they balance it out. But a decent pH meter can be had for 15 bucks online. Might wanna put it on the Xmas list

Update:

I tested the run-off of the original soil (still have about a 1/4 of the bag left) and it came in somewhere between 4-5... does FFOF usually run that hot or did I just get a shitty bag?

Update:

I tested the run-off of the original soil (still have about a 1/4 of the bag left) and it came in somewhere between 4-5... does FFOF usually run that hot or did I just get a shitty bag?

I use 1 part FFOF, 1 part Promix BX and 1 part perlite and my clones and seeds seem to be doing fine with that. When I first got the FFOF, I used it straight and got minor nute burn but I was all over it right away and I flushed the heck out of the clones (they were in solo cups at the time so not a big deal.) Then I got the Promix, cut the FFOF and ttransplanted into bigger pots and all was well.

Supergroomer:peace:

Back
Top Bottom