Sick plant, please help.

I've ONLY used coco for my hydro.

I've used distilled vinegar to adjust ph since I started gardening as a little boy. I've never had a problem with it. Baking Soda will raise the PH, but I would not use it long term. I believe the plant treats it as salt, so after a while the buildup should lock out nutrients. Might be problems using vinegar long term as well, but both are great temporary fixes until you can get something better. (I've also used lemon in an emergency, run it through a coffee filter. =)

Also, my Hydroponics guy recommends 5.8 PH for Canna Coco. This may be different for different brands. Canna is a superior coco that has different properties than your average coco.

I do know that with coco, high PH is a BIG NO-NO. You can go much further down than you can up. So if you're unsure, go lower rather than higher. Hope this helps a little.

Hi Ziminy, thanks for the advice. Thankfully the Sulphur seems to be working slowly. Ph down to approx 6.4 so slowly improving. Distilled vinegar is a good one i'll have to remember.
Am using Nutrifield coco, no idea what the specifics are for it.

I'm sure Ozzy Land has car parts store mate...you can use anything acidic like those two only you'll be squeezing lemons out your arse before it's effective.

LMAO Be carefull what you say. someome may try that!

anyways. here is a hydro shop in western Australia.

The Grow Room
1/1451 Albany Hwy
Cannington
Western Australia
6107 T. (08) 9356-7044
F. (08) 9356-7055

Hydro Masa in Sydney
tel: 02 88122845
fax: 02 88122843
mob: 0414 608982
they carry pH up and down probably safer than Sulfuric acid, and much more effective than vinegar//etc...

Thanx for the shop info Jasonlee247, will check them out online.

I do have a very helpful Hydro shop I've been to however, is more a problem of getting time to get out there as isn't in my immediate area. Will have to check out what they have in the way of Ph stuff.

Ok, Ph is now 6. This makes me happy.

Into week 3 of flowering and my happy plant has started to go yellow in places...
It's not widespread (mostly just on bottom 1/3 of the plant) so am not too worried. Still, if anyone knows what might be causing it that would be cool to know.

Yellow leaves - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Cheers

try to get your ph at 5.6-5.8 then let it drift up to 6 then adjust again and do this as needed. letting your ph drift from 5.6-6.0 will actually benifit you and your plant. different nutrients are released and absorbed at diffferent ph levels. :goodluck:

lol. Thats a lot of lemons.

Yeah have car parts stores but something like battery acid is a restricted substance. Maybe could get it if you were a mechanic... Maybe...
Public can't be trusted. Surprised we can still buy matches.

We can buy matches here but they make the shop owners hide the smokes while displaying cr**k pipes is not a problem...LOL...

try to get your ph at 5.6-5.8 then let it drift up to 6 then adjust again and do this as needed. letting your ph drift from 5.6-6.0 will actually benifit you and your plant. different nutrients are released and absorbed at diffferent ph levels. :goodluck:

Nice. Thanx man, will give it a try.

We can buy matches here but they make the shop owners hide the smokes while displaying cr**k pipes is not a problem...LOL...

lol. Some dumb @$$ laws.

Hey hey!!

Thought i'd post an update on Shaggy.
7 weeks flowering under LED. Hope you like...

LED_7_weeks1.JPG

led_flwr_.JPG

led_flower.JPG

LED_7_weeks2.JPG

Thnx for the tip ledtester, will have to check it out. Not sure if I can get any battery acid here (Australia the nanny state). Would vinigar or lemon juice work as an alternative do you think?

Vinegar will work fine for ph down actually it has a ph of around 2.4-2.6

Back
Top Bottom