Plant just getting wider

flippy7141

OK so I'm pretty new at this, new as in it being my first grow. A buddy and I started our grows at the same time and were both are using the same light. I'm running a 300w Galaxy hydro LED in a 48x24x60 tent. So far his plants are a bit taller than mine but mine are growing wider but not taller. Any info if this is good or bad?

Hi flippy7141.

Welcome to the 420 Magazine community of members. :welcome:

I'm curious if you are both growing the same strain of plants and if there is a difference in distance between the plants and lights.

Be well and happy growing!

Yeah we're both growing the same strains. The only difference is that I'm using a tent while he isn't. Hes growing in a closet. I have pictures but can't seem to load them while on my phone. I did forget to mention hes running his light 24 hours while I'm doing 18/6

Yes greetings and good luck on your adventure!

Going off the limited info ... what you are describing is likely you have a better growing plant. Likely your inner nodal space is nice and tight and his is stretching for some reason. That said depending on how you grow some times it is ideal to have a stretchy plant.

Unless you have different seed stock then yeah it could be nothing.

But all things are not equal. One of you has better airflow and better humidity controls (whether you mean to or not) and bla bla.

Doesn't mean that it will be better in the end. Desired conditions for Bloom are very different than Veg. in fact there are multiple stages and have good controls to allow for ideal conditions changes a lot.

OK I was able to upload the picture now posting is a different story lol. Anyway thanks for the feedback so far. When I finally get my computer up and running I should be able to post the pictures. Plants look healthy with no discoloration just the differences between mine and my buddies had me worried. This would be my first run but my buddy had grown a few

if you and your buddy are growing from seed, you will get a variety of phenotypes from low and bushy to tall and lanky. Sometimes this is related to what sex they will be, but not necessarily.

You can train your plant to any shape you want. If you want it low and wide to save on headspace, pinch out the top veg buds after they grow 4 nodes, then after they grow out a bit, tie them down to force horizontal growth. If you want it tall and narrow, let it grow how it wants to without tying down. But you will have fewer terminal buds, and less yield, unless you plan on moving it outdoors.

Growing outdoors is a whole different ball game!

Back
Top Bottom