Plant leaves not looking well - First time grower

RastaMonkey

Hi everyone! I've been looking around to figure what's wrong with my plant but I'm not really sure. I'll give you a brief summary to get you up to speed! I have 2 Girl Scout Cookies that I got as clones when they were teens. I had a spider mite infestation about a week in and then I got rid of them with Safer End All Insect Killer last Monday. I put them into flowering that day and they were watered Tuesday. Tuesday and Wednesday, I cut out some of the suckers and now the last few days I've left them alone. Only one of my plants appears to be having this issue and it's my best plant. So to help clear it up:
06.01.16 - Received plants
06.08.16 - Transplanted to 3g bucket with FoxFarms Ocean Forest
06.12.16 - Sprayed plants with End All
06.13.16 - Put them into flowering (12/12)
06.14.16 - Watered with Tappin' Roots

So my problem is:
Some of the edges of the leaves are curling up and some are curling down
Some leaves tips are curving down
Some leaves are twisting
Bottom leaves appear to be burned on the edges of some kind? Nutes? Light?
Some other leaves have edges and tips that are brown.

I'm not sure if it's nutrient burn, or lack of nutrient(s), or what the deal is. On Tappin' Roots website they say that, because of what it is and the way it works basically, you can't burn your plants, but I'm wondering if that's what is causing this or if it's something else? All help would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if you need anymore pictures, hopefully they help!

1. Here's a shot of my plants, I'm using my closet
20160619_171757.jpg

2. Shot of left plant
20160619_171711.jpg

3. Shot of right plant
20160619_171650.jpg

4. The burning I was talking about (Pic 4 & 5)
20160619_171503.jpg

20160619_171455.jpg

5. Brown and curving tips on new growth
20160619_171922.jpg

6. New growth appears to be curling
20160619_171233_1_.jpg

I would like to add that my phone did not do an adequate job of the lighting, it is brighter than in the pictures :thumb: Also temps are between 75-81F

No, this is my setup. This is the day I set it up so now there's 2700K bulbs in there now. But its a 60W hanging, and each lamp is 100W, and now I have one clipped onto the shelf above the hanging light that's 100W also and the mirrors are reversed to reflect the light back. But this should be a better picture hopefully
20160613_150126_HDR.jpg

Yes many of the lower leaves and some uppers are damaged from spider mites. The lowers are the worst.
Well the lighting arrangement is still less than ideal,and due to that I would give them another week or two in veg. However it would be less difficult to pinpoint the issue if you could provide us with what your are using to feed/water the plants and what the pH of the soil currently is.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Your plants are not getting enough light. You are only barely keeping them alive.

The top tube light is far too far away, fluorescents have to be kept very close to be effective.

The lights on the ground are no good, they should be above the plants.

Please read this thread - The Basics Of Plant Lighting

The spider mites are winning because your plants have no energy. Pinch off all the affected leaves, shower the plants and sterilize the grow space. get more cfls or a small LED light and place them back into veg for another few weeks at least :goodluck:

Do I need to reply with quote for you to know I replied? Sorry I'm not sure I'm still trying to figure it all out lol Yes many of the lower leaves and some uppers are damaged from spider mites. The lowers are the worst.
Pics 4 & 5 look like mite damage. Notice all of those tiny spots. Like said above is that you source for light?

Oh wow thank you all for your replies! My water goes through a filtration system and all I normally use I water only except for last time when I added the Tappin' Roots to the water. And the water is 7.0 soil is 7.0

Oh wow thank you all for your replies! My water goes through a filtration system and all I normally use I water only except for last time when I added the Tappin' Roots to the water. And the water is 7.0 soil is 7.0
Ah gotcha. Yeah so as long as you're not rocking any crazy soil and are just feeding with filtered water then it's not nute burn. To me it seems more along the lines of the previous recommendation . A plant needs a good light source, you could try actually hitting it with some growth nutes but you'll definitely run into issues in the flower stage and end up with a small yield of sub par herbs with your current set up.

For soil you want to shoot for 6.2-6.7. Definitely need more light. Mites are a pain to deal with but if don't stay on top of treating for them they will win the battle. Neem oil works on them plus there is also a lot of diy sprays you can make. I believe lower temps and higher humidity will slow there reproduction down some, and dryer hotter Temps will speed it up. Hope this helps

Ah gotcha. Yeah so as long as you're not rocking any crazy soil and are just feeding with filtered water then it's not nute burn. To me it seems more along the lines of the previous recommendation . A plant needs a good light source, you could try actually hitting it with some growth nutes but you'll definitely run into issues in the flower stage and end up with a small yield of sub par herbs with your current set up.

Yeah they're in FoxFarms Ocean Forest which seem to be doing great so far, and then I gave them the Tappin' Roots growth stuff. And yeah I'll fix the lights.

Your plants are not getting enough light. You are only barely keeping them alive.

The top tube light is far too far away, fluorescents have to be kept very close to be effective.

The lights on the ground are no good, they should be above the plants.

Please read this thread - The Basics Of Plant Lighting

The spider mites are winning because your plants have no energy. Pinch off all the affected leaves, shower the plants and sterilize the grow space. get more cfls or a small LED light and place them back into veg for another few weeks at least :goodluck:

And they have no energy due to lack of light. As far as pinching, just pinch of the leaves the spider mites attacked with my thumb nail? And putting them back into veg wouldn't hurt them after being in flower for a week now basically?

For soil you want to shoot for 6.2-6.7. Definitely need more light. Mites are a pain to deal with but if don't stay on top of treating for them they will win the battle. Neem oil works on them plus there is also a lot of diy sprays you can make. I believe lower temps and higher humidity will slow there reproduction down some, and dryer hotter Temps will speed it up. Hope this helps

Any ideas on what's causing this?
20160619_171455.jpg

And they have no energy due to lack of light. As far as pinching, just pinch of the leaves the spider mites attacked with my thumb nail? And putting them back into veg wouldn't hurt them after being in flower for a week now basically?

Pinch with finger and thumbnail, half way down the leaf stem. The stem stump will fall off later.

Putting them back into veg won't hurt them, they will thank you for it.

Back
Top Bottom