Plants showing signs of sun bleaching?

OregonDan

Hello been hanging around reading for a while now. Now I could use some help and insight.
This is my second grow, first grow from seed.

My plants have all been growing inside since germ in early March.
They are in HP Pro-mix with meal amendments, mychrorizae and Azos.
Currently are in I think 5 gallon pots, they are beginning to be bound up in there.
They have been vegging under 6 45W CFLS.
They have had a few foliar feeds of kelp and Epsom's.
I just fed them Saturday a half dose of FloraNova Grow that was PH'd at 6.0.
I had just did a run off test before that feeding as well at 6.5

They have been outside several times in the sun and I have never seen an issue. Sunday it was nice and sunny and made it to about 82F. By about 2pm I noticed the leaves looking funny. Well I am guessing this is just sun bleaching at its best but not sure.

Any thoughts comment and concerns are welcome. Iam actually heading out of town till Sunday. So whatever I can do to help them would be great.

Well I just did a quick run off test and putting 7.0PH'd water through her, gave me back 5.0PH ouch. I am guessing I need to do a full flush with 7.0 probably and they should come back some. Growth has not seemed to stop or slow as of yet.

Ya not a sun problem it's your PH is lock out yes do a PH flush it will be fine keep up the good work other then that its looking good

Okay I ran about 5 gallons of aired tap water through each, it brought the runoff up to about 6.4. I guess I got a bad measurement on the last feeding maybe. Well ill let them drain and back in the room they o for 5 days. How they are looking better when I return.

look like there back on track give them some THC sorry mean TLC lol do you have a digital Ph tester i don't trust them every now and then they need to be recalibrate, I love the manual PH tester you know fill the water 3 drops shake check never fail

Your leaves look very shiny. Perhaps it's the light the photos were taken in, but in my world, this is a sign of too much Nitrogen and tells me I need to back off on the nutes.

Good call Tead i was thinking the same after but to munch (N) will make the plant dark green and have nitrogen claw where the leaves curl under i don't see that yet but with the flush it will be on track

I do have a digital, I use both to test with. The shininess of the the leaves is the whitening effect I'm talking about. That's how I noticed it, its very strange almost silvery. Well with PH that low in the soil I'm guessing that explains some of the purpling in the upper stems too. Lockouts are a bitch. Hopefully all will be well soon. Thanks for the replys

Good call Tead i was thinking the same after but to munch (N) will make the plant dark green and have nitrogen claw where the leaves curl under i don't see that yet but with the flush it will be on track

Yeah... I'm not sure it's not just the light tho... can be hard to tell in photos around here.
I adjust my nutes by observing the plant. Havn't cracked the PPM pen in years. Colors tell the story, but they can be hard to convey in photos.

Back
Top Bottom