Plants stuck

Hello all. I didn't expect to have immediate problems with my first grow, but it seems that something is not right. I am growing sour jack seeds from cropking. I followed directions and everything was going well until they just stopped growing. They are 2 1/2 weeks old and havent changed much at all in the last week. I have them in potting soil, under a duel spectrum 600w LED. Temps high 70s-high 80's with a small fan for circulation. The humidity has been between 40-52%. I have read countless threads and have followed the protocols that have been shared. Any ideas? I'm losing patience.

Its a concern but they dont look sickly. Why they stopped growing? Dont know - they could be growing big fat roots.

Its hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the plants are not clustered together under the light. It (the light) will have a close to centre sweet spot and outside edges weaker and not great at encouraging growth.

Suggest you check light specs to see the size of the sweet spot and decide what you need to do if anything.

You may need a second (or bigger) light.

I had a polky one and put it outside for a few hours. Perked her right up.

Er dude it is a bit like this...

Those lovely little critters are doing some stuff right now & it is called growing, it really don't do every think at once you know what i mean !

So it has gone past the dicotyledon stage & forming it's first leafs you may wish to think about these as little solar panels for photosynthesis this is a process used by plants to convert light energy into chemical energy that can later be released to fuel the plants activities.

As it not growing bigger upwards it may suggest it is growing downwards like roots dude... this is the part when the plant begins to learn & feed it self instead of from the energy stored in the seed it self, we call that kick start. Once root system gets going then we start to watch the fun.

I agree with @Oldbear

Try and pack those pots closer together directly under that light
But as they grow that one light probably won't be enough, for sure in flowering
Looks like a 2'x2' coverage light and yer space looks much bigger than that

Good luck bud

Your plants looks fine.
Do you check the PH ? I had many issues with my first 2 grows. I eended up trowing everything in the garbage...
Nothing was growing. PLants were always burning etc etc. I realized my PH pen was not calibrated. So i was giving them water with wrong PH.
I was convinced the PH meter was coming calibrated out of the box but it didnt.

Anyways. Your plants look fine. Usualy they seems to grow very slow at that stage and 2 weeks later they explode with the grow. Like the others said. They are developping roots.

So I made some changes based on your advice. The plants are crowded into the 2'x2' area, with another light to be installed as they grow. I've also added some coffee grounds to bring the pH down a bit. The last change is that I brought in a batch of dandelion wine to ferment and incorporate CO2. I'm hoping these changes will help spur more veg. Thanks again for the input. I'll continue from here in a grow journal

Back
Top Bottom