Please help ASAP is this mites?

So I got a scope only 20x with a led light I look and boom I think I see spider mites almost positive my lights only been on 10hrs I turned them off treated with neem and gognats as dredged neem as spray so I have to leave lights off for couple hours will this turn them I to hermys

All your plants are almost finished right? In which case the mites won't affect much- and neither would any hermies have time to show up, if there was a danger of them appearing. Do you have any younger plants going or are they all at the same stage? Make sure you somehow get all traces of neem off before harvest as it will affect the flavor I think. After you harvest will be the time to do a thorough mite eradication cleanup.

Don't worry about hermies then. Even if they appeared, which they probably won't, they take a while to show up and it takes about five weeks for seeds to reach maturity after that. Besides which- the hermie flowers (nanners) are quite easily picked out and controlled.

Why cant I verify spider mites the couple of black dots I look at thu my 20 x loop dont move at all and almost look like dirt I cant see webs how else can I find out

Why cant I verify spider mites the couple of black dots I look at thu my 20 x loop dont move at all and almost look like dirt I cant see webs how else can I find out

Look on the edges of fan leaves for what look like trichomes. They lay their eggs here and can be readily distinguished from trichomes because they'll have no stalk and will be an opaque cloudy white color on the inside.

Any raised bumps or "stipling" on the tops of the leaves?

Not really ill put some pics up I would be able to see them under 20x loop correct also one plant looks really done to me its an autoflower but its only been 8weeks total since it broke ground is that possible

Not really ill put some pics up I would be able to see them under 20x loop correct also one plant looks really done to me its an autoflower but its only been 8weeks total since it broke ground is that possible

Yeah you should be able to see them with 20x. They'll also look kind of "embedded" into the leaf surface.

From your pictures I don't see any signs though. Check out danishoes1 "Indicas Experiment" thread, first few pictures of his Blueberry show what I'm talking about.

Indicas Grow & Experimenting Genetics Part II - Winter Indoor Organic Grow

DSC048954.JPG

DSC048834.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSC048853.JPG

See the bumps along the outer edges of the big fan leaves? They look like trichomes but they're not, and as the egg hatches they deform the leaf even more. On the second pic you can see kind of random bright green marks too, those are the stipling marks where they eat through the leaves. The third pic shows some of the debris, usually shed skins. They also leave a beige blond looking dust behind too.

Back
Top Bottom