Please help me with my droopy 7 day seedlings!

Sweetgreen

:hmmmm:What do you guys think? This is my first grow

It's been 7 days since I put the germinated seeds in the Root Riots and put them in this tray. I have maybe 4 days more max until my veg equipment arrives.

Temps range from 68f(20c) to 85f(30c).
Relative humidity ranges from 25% to 35%.
Water is RO from the home tap, untested(PH and EC meter on the way).
The light is 9" from the top of the tray sides.
I water the Root Riots when they get dry. A few of them seem to stay permanently wet.

A few of these have a pretty long root and side roots. I've moved them around, and a few were already getting slightly stuck to the hydroton. I didn't want them to get really stuck which is why I've kinda kept moving and checking them. I haven't broken any roots that I know of, and I'm careful when putting them back.

I can't say if it's too much water, or not enough. Some of the droopy ones seem to never dry, and some of the droopy ones have gotten really dry.

Thanks
DroopyAll_Large_.GIF
Droopy_Large_.GIF
Droopy1_Large_.GIF
Droopy3_Large_.GIF
Droopy12_Large_.GIF
Droopy13_Large_.GIF

I definitely think I moved some around too much, pulling them and their roots out. I don't think the roots liked to be pulled out and then put back.

Still unsure if its water or not....I made a new tray with fresh hydroton and buried as much of the pot as I can. I turned the lights off for 5hrs last night....they seem to be doing a little better already so hopefully I can figure them out.

No nutes yet, it's only been 7 days. Do some strains need nutes that early?

Thanks again

Ok big changes. Received my pH tester today and the water I was feeding seemed to be 6.8, so that's too high right? I don't have any pH down, so can I use vinegar?

I also drilled drain holes in the cut tray(stacked 2 for better support) and it fit nice and snug across the top of the little Rubbermaid container. I'm going for manual feed to waste right now, until I can get a pump. I am however worried that the roots may go down the drain holes and might even get between the two cut trays. This seems like a nightmare to move the plants in the future?

I've been told I need to get my humidity above 30% and to use a humidity dome, but then I read that once they have sprouted to not use the dome anymore. What do I do? The RH goes as far down as 25% at times.

My order of Rhizotonic came in today....should I start feeding them this maybe at 1/4?

Thanks again
ebf.jpg

I agree with PP, slow down and relax. I would just like to point out that your temp high of 85 is a tad too high. You have a swing in temp of about 20 degrees which is not THAT bad but I would keep temps between 70 and 80 during both lights on and off. Hope this helps

I don't have time to get too far into it... luckily for you... it's not that big of a prob... YET!
First off, unless the H20 is sitting "pooled up" undr the plants... don't worry... those Oasis blocks are like the RockWool... they inertly keep 18% of their mass for oxygen, so it's really really hard to over water at this point! It's easy enough to check the moisture content of the cubes w/o lifting/moving them... don't do that!
You can most times just touch them w/the end of your fingers and you should be able to tell if they are ready for more H20~

I didn't see what you are using for a light but... at this point, I flouro would be best, I keep mine about 6 or 8 inches away w/the current size of the babies!
Also, mist them a few times a day, not so wet... just mist, that will also help w/RH levels.
A small fan blowing "over the tops of the plants" will help keep temps at acceptable levels!
There are a couple of other things too but, that should get those babies to the next stage of growth!
Best of luck to you!

u should have put those seeds in a propargater till the rooted then transplant to yr system! will u be finishing yr grow with that system? if so when using hydroponics you need to start feeding from the start

your seedlings look overwaterd and if you wanted to use the rhizotonic there would me no problem as it helps promote roots and is nut a nutrient that can burn your plants

I cover each plant with clear plastic cups until I get 3-4 leaf sets.

Edit: I forgot to mention take the cups/dome off at night so they can consume CO2. hth

Pretty sure the plants utilize the CO2 during lights on, do you ever research your advice before espousing it as the gospel Professor?

Google is a wonderful tool.
Oxygen vs Carbon Dioxide use in Plants
Answers.com - Do plants absorb more carbon dioxide at day or night
Quick Grow Indoor Garden Centre Articles

Back
Top Bottom