Please Help Me!

Here's some bud pics, no obvious signs of seeds and the ones I took off were greenish (not ripe) and right at the base of the plant, basically any help, guidance, advice, would be great, I understand that maybe the female plant may have pollinated itself, or it's genetics, or as someone said something flew in my intake and may have pollinated some plants? But there is no males plants near me that I'm aware of so if something came through my intake surely it couldn't pollinate a female (grown from a femonized seed) and create new seeds. And also I'm aware that light leaks are bad, I've tried my best with leaks etc but maybe something got in from the back of the tent (I can't get to it) anyway cheers guys
With that many white hairs on the plant I’d bet there isn’t much pollenation at all, you’re probably going to be fine and have some great buds in a few weeks. With maybe a seed here and there.

:passitleft:

Two ways: one of the females hermies or pollen from the outside got to them. My current crop is averaging one seed per 2 ounces and I know for sure I had no hermies.
What outside though? There are no males weed plants anywhere near me? Do you mean a regular plants pollen? Surely that wouldn't make seeds

What outside though? There are no males weed plants anywhere near me? Do you mean a regular plants pollen? Surely that wouldn't make seeds
GMO studies have found pollen contamination occurring at 600 feet; are you sure there is not even one male plant hidden in that range? There's even a possibility that distance could be even farther; I work for a seed corn producer and it's common to have fields of specialty (not all) parent corn (the corn that is then bred together with a partner to produce the final seed) over 1/4 mile from other corn fields. You also have the issue of personal article contamination that can happen from pollen on your clothes.
If you have hermies, that is going to be your source, of course (hey! that rhymes!) but if you don't have one then there really only one way to get seeds; outside pollen.

whats this leaf defiency?

Hey , It is always never a good thing to come across plants that went to seed. If you don't have any males .this means that a plant or plants got stressed out . A feminize plant always has the hermaphrodite gen . Though now a days they are usually stable. But either through breeding or back crossing selfies some will become unstable and express the hermaphrodite gen which the plant will go to seed on it's own. Sucks but does happen.

if all your plants are seeded then it does really matter but what ever the case make sure your room is clean spray down with water mix with a little bleach . clean everything filters fans everything . Pollen tends to hide in the smallest places.

If it is just on one plant and the others are not affected then remove that plant . spray all the other plants with straight water for a couple days a couple times a day . you could also spray around the room. Water neutralizes Pollen on contact. With a little luck you might get away with saving the other plants.
question
where they all from seed or one mom ?
asked this in case you saved clones if you did you should be ok if you throw away the clone of the plant that went to seed.

GMO studies have found pollen contamination occurring at 600 feet; are you sure there is not even one male plant hidden in that range? There's even a possibility that distance could be even farther; I work for a seed corn producer and it's common to have fields of specialty (not all) parent corn (the corn that is then bred together with a partner to produce the final seed) over 1/4 mile from other corn fields. You also have the issue of personal article contamination that can happen from pollen on your clothes.
If you have hermies, that is going to be your source, of course (hey! that rhymes!) but if you don't have one then there really only one way to get seeds; outside pollen.
I don't think it's hermie (as I would have seen a lot earlier) and there would have been balls all over them, but yes I have had some sort of pollen contamination which is why I'm getting a few seeds I guess, but the buds further up seem to be fine

Also I may add make sure your flowering is 12 on 12 off and veg either 24 hours or 18 on 6 off or if your are having frequent power outages.
Some feminized strains might give you a seed or 2 and not go in the bud if they ripen quick enough. feel your bud if they are rock hard usally they will have seeds.

Hey , It is always never a good thing to come across plants that went to seed. If you don't have any males .this means that a plant or plants got stressed out . A feminize plant always has the hermaphrodite gen . Though now a days they are usually stable. But either through breeding or back crossing selfies some will become unstable and express the hermaphrodite gen which the plant will go to seed on it's own. Sucks but does happen.

if all your plants are seeded then it does really matter but what ever the case make sure your room is clean spray down with water mix with a little bleach . clean everything filters fans everything . Pollen tends to hide in the smallest places.

If it is just on one plant and the others are not affected then remove that plant . spray all the other plants with straight water for a couple days a couple times a day . you could also spray around the room. Water neutralizes Pollen on contact. With a little luck you might get away with saving the other plants.
question
where they all from seed or one mom ?
asked this in case you saved clones if you did you should be ok if you throw away the clone of the plant that went to seed.
I have taken seeds off of other plants, example... I have a triple cheese (grown from femonized seed, as they all are) and have found a few in popcorn buds at the bottom of the plant (which I have removed) apparently those seeds will be either fem or herm? Anyway I'm trying my best to manage it up till harvest, cheese should be ready earlier as it has a shorter flowering time 50/55 days, won't spraying water cause mold issues?!

Also I may add make sure your flowering is 12 on 12 off and veg either 24 hours or 18 on 6 off or if your are having frequent power outages.
Some feminized strains might give you a seed or 2 and not go in the bud if they ripen quick enough. feel your bud if they are rock hard usally they will have seeds.
Not rock hard, seems only new buds (small popcorn further down) have started developing seeds) This is my first grow but as i said it could have also been a small light leak in this tent that's on its last run :-/ either way next grow I am getting all new equipment and will clean the room thourouly in case of pollen in room

I have taken seeds off of other plants, example... I have a triple cheese (grown from femonized seed, as they all are) and have found a few in popcorn buds at the bottom of the plant (which I have removed) apparently those seeds will be either fem or herm? Anyway I'm trying my best to manage it up till harvest, cheese should be ready earlier as it has a shorter flowering time 50/55 days, won't spraying water cause mold issues?!

I here YA on the mold I wouldn't if you have a room with crazy humidity .But if your room is around 50% then you should be OK. Sometimes I find it all depends on what you want from the crop . Do one plant at a time even taking them out of room and doing them and let dry out a little before putting back in. There are ways but won't go this far if all plants are affected if they are I grow them out but chop them if that get to out of hand. I do this to minimize the contamination of the room.

Not rock hard, seems only new buds (small popcorn further down) have started developing seeds) This is my first grow but as i said it could have also been a small light leak in this tent that's on its last run :-/ either way next grow I am getting all new equipment and will clean the room thourouly in case of pollen in room

Small light leak chances of that causeing your plants to hermie would be slim unless bright light is getting directly on plant. Starting at bottom is where new growth is. they would come out on new growth that is why you keep and eye on bud because the new growth there could hide them more .

I don't think it's hermie (as I would have seen a lot earlier) and there would have been balls all over them, but yes I have had some sort of pollen contamination which is why I'm getting a few seeds I guess, but the buds further up seem to be fine
No Hermie then it only can be an outside source of pollen. The locality where I grow had fields of hemp during WW2 so there is plenty of pollen outside (it grows in ditches now). My house is air conditioned so no open windows and I use a women's knee-high hosiery on my intake (for dog hair) and like I shared before I average maybe a seed every 2 ounces.
Modifying your air intake with some sort of filtration really has minimal cost even if you are not even remotely handy. Even my hosiery (who knows if it can stop pollen?) accumulates quite a bit of nasty stuff that would otherwise be mingling with my girls (and I'm a much better father to allow that to happen;-)

I have opted to get a spray bottle and lightly mist the plants, my rh went up from 48 to around 61% so I put my small dehumidifier in the tent for a while to control it

No Hermie then it only can be an outside source of pollen. The locality where I grow had fields of hemp during WW2 so there is plenty of pollen outside (it grows in ditches now). My house is air conditioned so no open windows and I use a women's knee-high hosiery on my intake (for dog hair) and like I shared before I average maybe a seed every 2 ounces.
Modifying your air intake with some sort of filtration really has minimal cost even if you are not even remotely handy. Even my hosiery (who knows if it can stop pollen?) accumulates quite a bit of nasty stuff that would otherwise be mingling with my girls (and I'm a much better father to allow that to happen;-)
A high heel lol, pics please I wanna see this haha

I had three mature seeds on my last crop and as far as I know, no one else is growing around here - I live in the middle of "Nowhere, Montana" - and anyway, wild weed can't make it through the Montana winters. Even the greenhouse crops I had last summer never were pollinated, and the doors to the greenhouse were open to the elements during daylight hours.

Anyway, I once commented to my brother who grew for years that I found a seed in some of his stuff. He wasn't surprised - said it happens occasionally, an odd seed here and there. He claimed it isn't all that unusual. So when I found the seeds I mentioned above, I did some research. What I found out was that the plants really want to reproduce, so if there's no males about, they will sometimes find a way to make a few seeds. I was told not to worry, that the seeds will produce only females, as the genetics are pure. So, I've got three seeds which I'll plant at some point in the future and see what happens. My current grow has one plant that looks like it's going to produce a couple of seeds (a few swollen calyxes way down low, such as you have) . The other plants growing right alongside aren't doing this at all, so to me this indicates no male pollen is getting in. Save the seeds, germ them, plant them, and see what happens. Then you can share your knowledge with us!

Back
Top Bottom