Plumber's Buds

PlumberSoCal

I fell in love with Granddaddy Purple 20 years ago shortly after its release here in sunny so cal. The smell and taste of grapes and berries became an instant favorite
20230223_121002.jpg

I've been growing it for the past 4 years after receiving a couple dozen seeds and usually have a plant or 2 or 10 or more growing and in various stages of growth
20230223_120114.jpg

I can smoke this strain for days/weeks and not tire of this purple bud.

If you happened to catch my intro here you'd know I've got a couple of breeding groups going from seed plants from early November and again early December
20230223_120545.jpg

There are 4 GDP males from the Nov planting, a red and green pheno (the seeds are my 3rd generation and I've only been breeding the red phenos). Both will turn purple but the red pheno produces a strong purple coloring, as you can see.

There are 2 more males as well as 5 female clones, 3 purple GDP, a Blueberry Hash Plant and a Mothers's Milk. They are cuts of cuts from this past summer, the GDP last winter.

It's difficult growing during winter even here in mostly sunny so cal. Today and for the next 3 we have gotten and expect rain and why I can get up close and personal with the breeding groups. Water renders pollen from doing its intended job otherwise I'd have to wear a jumpsuit, gloves, hat and face shield/mask OR make my visit the last one of the day and shower and wash my clothes, although other than my Cherry Wine hemp plants, which I'll add a post about someday and a couple cuts of BBHP, Mother's Milk and GDP's I'm not too worried about spreading pollen even on nice mornings and evenings when I do fertigate (water) without a breeze and too much worry.

I also prefer making seeds in the winter/spring as trying to produce big fat buds in winter with 10 +/- hrs of natural light it just doesn't happen. I've grown some nice winter bud but it doesn't come close to what sunny so cal sunshine can do for a plant. I've got plenty from fall of several strains as I don't sell it but have been know to give it away to friends battling cancer.

The plan is to rotate girls in and out of the group in the coming weeks. The boys have only been releasing pollen for about a week plus with some rain in-between and more rain the next few so the current group will stay the same for about 10 more days, 4 or 5 of those I expect rain or I'd have already moved a few. I can't change the weather and it's been a nasty one for us this year so I picked the right year to make seeds.

I also have another breeding group outside in solos of the cuts of 3 of the 4 males above
20230223_104249.jpg

and cuts of a BBHP, a Gorilla Hammer, a GDP and cuts of 3 GDP Nov girls from seed. They're along the East wall of the house under the eves.

The girls from both the Nov & Dec plants are in my lg greenhouse awaiting their turn with the boys
20230223_120205.jpg

20230223_120154.jpg

Just a sampling, there are half dozen of both green and red and a hybrid of both, red streaks waiting to go.

A newbie strain to me and one I plan on a spring seed run is a new creation from Freak Genitics named Sarsparilla. I saw a tester grow on another site with nasty phat indica leaves and sticky buds and had to have the seeds the moment they became available. First time I've ever done that but this one caught my attention
20230223_125435.jpg

20230223_125415.jpg

The 4 seedling in solos were planted about 2-3 weeks ago and the 2 in rockwool 5 days ago. Bought 10 planted 7. It was very cold and only those 4 popped. Planted the 3 left and looks like I've got 6 healthy seedlings. I'll put the 2 new ones in solos this Saturday, last day of the current cold/rain and ready for a Sunny Sunday, I hope.

The 2 new as well as 3 cuts of Cat Nip
20230223_104056.jpg

Yes, Cat Nip. Our cats like their kitty pot too😘 and Lavender seeds (not shown) are in what I call my seed/cloner box
20230223_104031.jpg

A 17 gallon container, 2 100 watt aquarium heaters with airstones framed with 3/4" PVC and plastic sheeting. Stays 10+ degrees warmer which help seeds pop and cuts root. Best thing I ever built and awesome idea from a friend.

All plants are grown in coconut coir and fertigated at least twice a day. I also have an automatic system I'll explain come April/May before vacation when I'll have to set it back up.

MasterBlend nutes. I can't beat the price nor the results. I've been tinkering with the formula for several years now but half strength tomato is fine for seedlings to 3-4 weeks or even through the entire veg process or up it to full strength and half the calcium. I've tried doubling the MB, full or 1.5 magnesium sulfate and halfing the calcium for flip and through flower. Just didn't see that much better/faster growth or plant/bud size. Now I use half strength until flip then full and continue with half calcium. Simple and I like simple.

If I get another chance today I'll share my hemp plants and vision for them😉

Hell of a lot going on there mate :cool:
Where's the ❤ button? I've grown in the ground, I've modified the ground with kitchen waste mulch and hundreds of pounds of horse manure and still can't grow like I can in coco.

Got strawberries & tomato clones from last year in coco too. Awesome stuff.

I've grown some autos and that's what I focused on the past 2 winters that were actually pretty nice here with little rain and lots of sunshine with 70-80F temps. This year? Not so much but taking advantage of what I got.

This summer I've got some killer strains from HydroRed and 3THIRTEEN Seeds that will get wet spring.

Yeah, a lot going on but I won't live forever so there's that😉

Cherry Wine hemp
20220709_080954.jpg

20220722_080926.jpg

Last year I purchased 100 seeds for $50 and had a hell of a time getting any to pop. After a total of 40+ seeds planted I ended up with 4 seedlings. The one above was a beast and I've been taking cuts of cuts since.

I began making a sauve in August
20221227_130845.jpg

The idea was to use it for any cuts or abrasions as well as minor aches and pains. It has worked beyond belief. From minor aches to major joint pain our sauve is becoming very popular with friends and even a few friends of friends we have never met.

One friend had a bone marrow transplant a little over a year ago and has been suffering a horrible rash on her back and she says our sauve is a miracle. Helps her with the pain and itching and allows her to sleep.

I've become tired of the plumbing grind, it's hard work and I'm getting old (64) and would like to do something else. Growing and making sauve seems to fit the bill and I'd still be helping others (one of the reasons I became a plumber).

I'm still in the beginning stages and have a long way to go until I can see a product on a store shelf but I have a product that works.

I'm also limited on the amount of plants I can grow due to space and time restraints so the product produced will be limited, at least for now.

I've made just a CBD extract sauve but combined with THC extract 50/50 makes a superior working sauve.

On line and locally 4oz containers of CBD sauve sell as high as $130. I've purchased 3 dozen 4oz and 2 dozen 8oz aluminum screw top jars and currently working on a logo and having product stickers designed and plan to offer the 4oz for $55 & 8oz for $100. And NO! I am not offering anything here for sale so please no DM's asking me. I'll be happy to share the recipe and it can be made using only THC strains and it works well.

12oz coconut oil
12 gms flower decarbed*
1/3 C bees wax
1/3 C EVOO
2 Tbl corn starch

Place oil and flower in Mason jar, add lid to jar but not tight. Heated air will need to escape and a tight lid may make the jar break. I had a 4 cup mason jar break on me last weekend and lost 24 ounces of CBD oil not to mention the mess i had to clean up😥

Place jar in a Crock Pot or slow cooker on high, covered for 3 hours. This process will extract the cannabolids from the plant material. Check the temperature of the water and the oil. You want the oil to be about 210-220F. This will extract without destroying the cannabolids.

Strain out plant material then add the wax and EVOO and return to the heated water until the wax melts. Remove from water bath and add corn starch and blend. A hand mixer or immersion blender works well.

Pour into containers.

* you can use THC, CBD or a combination. I use them both 50/50 and have found this to work best.

Another grower shared with me that blending then refrigerate for 5 minutes then blending again (doing this several times) makes for a lighter, fluffier sauve.

Coming home today spotted a Turkey vulture
20230301_131709.jpg

2 actually across the street. They've got 4 acres. Something you don't see everyday. Got home and got into my personal GDP stash
20230301_151449.jpg

Grabbed a handful for my tray
20230301_152042.jpg

Puffed a fatty while walking up to visit the plants
20230301_095242.jpg

GDP breeding group #1
Wind and rain have been beating down. They'll be just fine😉

Purple pheno male
20230301_100707.jpg

Green pheno male #1
20230301_100650.jpg

There are 2 more similar in the group.

Females in this group consists of 3 GDP clones, 1 Blueberry Hash Plant and 1 Mother's Milk.

Hopefully we'll be drying out the next few days and I'll move some of the girls around removing the above and inserting these
20230301_094724.jpg

20230301_094714.jpg

20230301_094706.jpg

These are sisters to the boys about 3 weeks since flip and need to spend a few days at least with the them. A week of dry weather would be better then I'll give them 4 more weeks to mature.

Breeding group #2
20230301_101606.jpg

Cuts from above, both boys and girls with a GDP, Gorilla Hammer and Blueberry Hash Plant clones.

Beautiful afternoon
20230302_143145.jpg

GDP breeding group #1 is killing it. What a difference a day makes. A very slight Easterly breeze so I got a little closer than I normally would and got a vew shots of a couple of the other plants
Mother's Milk 🥛
20230302_143203.jpg

Cut of a cut of a cut from this past summer. I love to mix the flower 50/50 with Granddaddy Purple or Blueberry Hash Plant and roll it up. Creamy grapes 🍇 or creamy Blueberry (how come there's no Blueberry emo?). Seriously, by itself it's creamy, something I'd never had before in cannabis, ever, so the hope with this cross is creamy grapes 🍇. Worth a try😘

A hybrid pheno male, stems not green or red but red streaked.
20230302_143208.jpg

Leaves turning purple.

Purple pheno female clone from a plant I grew over a year ago
20230302_143252.jpg

For some reason I just can't seem to let this one go. And what's interesting is this was NOT my best #1 girl last winter, I breed my best one but this one was a keeper. Oh yeah, there's 3 of these clones in this group
20230302_143300.jpg

Tonight I'll move all the plants around and come Sunday night I'll remove these girls above and give them a week outside and a couple of light water spray downs and then into the lg greenhouse for the next 3-4 weeks. I'm in no hurry to take them down and will let as many seeds as possible develop. In the past I've harvested hundreds of beautiful strong seeds per plant and I've harvested 10's of seeds from plants, the majority immature. Why? Because I couldn't wait to SMOKE IT I cut it early which believe me, sucks.

Hidden between the larger plants is a Blueberry Hash Plant
20230302_150720.jpg

This too is a cut from a cut...etc and one I don't wanna let go, EV'AR. Grapes + Blueberry is a no brainer. We'll see🥰

This boy
20230302_150704.jpg

Right between a Purple GDP girl on the left and the 2 larger boys on the right. His stem was bitten half off by a rat. I clipped it, dipped it in rooting jell and today he's giving his all for the cause. I love a happy ending☺️

Group #2
20230302_151432.jpg

Clones of 3 of the 4 GDP boys above, the rat bit one wasn't cloned. The girls are 3 GDP clones and 2 Gorilla Hammer clones from the summer. The Hammer is a Freak Genitics creation of GG4 x Blackberry 9lb Hammer. This is the last of the cuts of the Hammer. Love it but I just can't keep everything. Wish I could but I'll keep the genes around😉

smoking-weed-meme-1024x683 (1).jpg

Fun seeing the males. Really dig all of what you’ve got going on, hope it’s cool if I hang out.
Of course. I see you do both indoor and outdoor grows. I've thought about building a grow closet in my garage for years but with the cost of utilities exploding I doubt if I could afford it😘

Of course. I see you do both indoor and outdoor grows. I've thought about building a grow closet in my garage for years but with the cost of utilities exploding I doubt if I could afford it.
I hear that, you really pay exorbitant costs out west for utilities. I’d love to be outside with it all, but old man winter and oppressive laws keep me mostly inside. I’ll be living vicariously through you to combat this sunlight deprivation!

GDP Breeding Group Update

Been a long day and finally moved 5 girls out and 5 new in with the 4 males
20230306_181737.jpg

Another purple GDP clone and 4 GDP sisters, green pheno or stripped. I'll give them a week at most in the party as the boys are spilling pollen.

The smaller clone group of 3 of the 4 males above
20230306_181634.jpg

I added a Blueberry Hash Plant girl with the 2 Gorilla Hammers and 3 GDP clones.

I'm beat and just wanna shower, eat and lay down. I'll catch up with the rest of the up and coming GDP girls tomorrow🥱

299994506_5337590196277983_7212214434408478957_n.jpg

GDP Breeding Group Update

Been a long day and finally moved 5 girls out and 5 new in with the 4 males
20230306_181737.jpg

Another purple GDP clone and 4 GDP sisters, green pheno or stripped. I'll give them a week at most in the party as the boys are spilling pollen.

The smaller clone group of 3 of the 4 males above
20230306_181634.jpg

I added a Blueberry Hash Plant girl with the 2 Gorilla Hammers and 3 GDP clones.

I'm beat and just wanna shower, eat and lay down. I'll catch up with the rest of the up and coming GDP girls tomorrow.
You should see @Mycelium Farmer’s thread. Commercial grower in the Triangle. Maybe get some advice about your sauve. CL🍀

GDP Breeding Group
20230307_163323.jpg

3 of the 4 boys
20230307_090529.jpg

20230307_090539.jpg

20230307_174255.jpg

Amazing color variation and beautiful plants.

A few of the new girls
20230307_174314.jpg

A Purple clone on the left and 2 sisters from the Nov 1 planting.

The pollinated girls
20230307_090326.jpg

are sitting under our loquat tree
20230307_090341.jpg

which is producing a huge crop of fruit. Come Friday we expect rain and I'll move these, with the current crop of girls getting pollinated out to an open area in the garden for a shower and then into the lg greenhouse to finish.

I still have my 2 best girls
20230307_082707.jpg

This is my #1. Both will get my #1 males pollen only.

And I have a group from the Dec 1 planting
20230307_085928.jpg

2 boys in the back on each side. Not sure if I'm going to set these up yet or not. I'm already making hundreds of seeds but I'll make the decision soon. I will be keeping pollin from my #1 male but doubt if I'll use it after I'm finished with this breeding program😘

I'm taking the day off, baring any emergencies with our clients and will update the clone GDP breeding group and my Sarsparilla seedlings🥰

20230307_174239.jpg

About a month ago baby snails were becoming an issue and now
20230307_074025.jpg

Bastards. I'm controlling their numbers with bait but when it rains I've got to re-apply BUT after things dry out.

The veggie garden is filling up
20230307_173854.jpg

20230307_173831.jpg

20230307_173815.jpg

Cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and Spinach. Nothing like growing your own.

I grow lettuce in Kratky bottles every winter and spring
20230307_094545.jpg

along with peas
20230307_094613.jpg

summer here is too hot for these veggies.

I just noticed that green trash bin in the upper right corner of the lettuce pic. I started a compost in it over 4 years ago, filled half full of soil and dumped several spent pots which were full of mycelium fungus. Today it's full of the fungus and I use a handful in all soil grown pots and plots. A whole lot cheaper than store bought products😉

GDP Breeding Group
20230307_163323.jpg

3 of the 4 boys
20230307_090529.jpg

20230307_090539.jpg

20230307_174255.jpg

Amazing color variation and beautiful plants.

A few of the new girls
20230307_174314.jpg

A Purple clone on the left and 2 sisters from the Nov 1 planting.

The pollinated girls
20230307_090326.jpg

are sitting under our loquat tree
20230307_090341.jpg

which is producing a huge crop of fruit. Come Friday we expect rain and I'll move these, with the current crop of girls getting pollinated out to an open area in the garden for a shower and then into the lg greenhouse to finish.

I still have my 2 best girls
20230307_082707.jpg

This is my #1. Both will get my #1 males pollen only.

And I have a group from the Dec 1 planting
20230307_085928.jpg

2 boys in the back on each side. Not sure if I'm going to set these up yet or not. I'm already making hundreds of seeds but I'll make the decision soon. I will be keeping pollin from my #1 male but doubt if I'll use it after I'm finished with this breeding program😘

I'm taking the day off, baring any emergencies with our clients and will update the clone GDP breeding group and my Sarsparilla seedlings🥰

20230307_174239.jpg
Ooo la la those are pretty colors!

About a month ago baby snails were becoming an issue and now
20230307_074025.jpg

Bastards. I'm controlling their numbers with bait but when it rains I've got to re-apply BUT after things dry out.

The veggie garden is filling up
20230307_173854.jpg

20230307_173831.jpg

20230307_173815.jpg

Cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and Spinach. Nothing like growing your own.

I grow lettuce in Kratky bottles every winter and spring
20230307_094545.jpg

along with peas
20230307_094613.jpg

summer here is too hot for these veggies.

I just noticed that green trash bin in the upper right corner of the lettuce pic. I started a compost in it over 4 years ago, filled half full of soil and dumped several spent pots which were full of mycelium fungus. Today it's full of the fungus and I use a handful in all soil grown pots and plots. A whole lot cheaper than store bought products😉
I dispise pests! Beautiful colors btw. Happy growing my friend. CL🍀 :thumb: :Namaste:

Ooo la la those are pretty colors!
Thank you but I'm just the caretaker here😉

I dispise pests! Beautiful colors btw. Happy growing my friend. CL🍀 :thumb: :Namaste:
I seem to have a lot more bugs to deal with outside. I'll get a bunch tonight with bait as we're expecting rain Fri/Sat. I'm really getting tired of the rain.

There's nothing not to love about this strain🥰

Thank you but I'm just the caretaker here😉

I seem to have a lot more bugs to deal with outside. I'll get a bunch tonight with bait as we're expecting rain Fri/Sat. I'm really getting tired of the rain.

There's nothing not to love about this strain🥰
You got rain and tomorrow night we get snow. Smh. CL🍀

You got rain and tomorrow night we get snow. Smh. CL🍀
I know. It sucks. About every decade we get a real wet stormy winter, like in 1973 guess who had a paper route🤣 omg. For all of like $6 for the month working every.single.day.

But we we are blessed to be born and raised and still live in sunny so cal😘

I know. It sucks. About every decade we get a real wet stormy winter, like in 1973 guess who had a paper route🤣 omg. For all of like $6 for the month working every.single.day.

But we we are blessed to be born and raised and still live in sunny so cal😘
I was born and raised in Chicago but after my folks divorced Pops moved to Ga. So I got the best of both worlds, I finally wised up and moved to Florida but came back to take care of my elderly Mother. CL🍀 :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom