PM and dehumidification & recirculation question

shinyunicorn

Hi all, I have a sealed room operation, 12 lights in a 20x20 space, running minisplits and a quest 205 dehumidifier. The mini and dehumidifier have their drain lines recirculated to my RO tank allowing me to recapture a good deal of water daily.

We noticed some PM in the room (will treat it with a foilar on Monday) and I am concerned that the spores may be recirculated via this condensation collection method.

Anyone have any experience with this? true / not true / possible / not possible? I disconnected the lines for now and just ran them to a drain to be proactive, but I'd like to know.
thanks!

re: PM and dehumidification & recirculation question

I would think putting H202 in your reservoir a couple times a week work prevent any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hmm.. thats an interesting idea.. Its a 200 gallon res that we usually keep around 160 gallons in. What sort of ratio to that were you thinking? and thanks for the quick reply! I keep H202 on hand for cleaning so thats an easy one to accomplish.

I had the same problem when the res was in the grow room. Is that where yours is? I had to move mine out. What is your humidity in there?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My res is in a separate room, my humidity is at 50% temps around 75 day 71 night. Ive backed the humidity down to 45% since then.

Hi all, I have a sealed room operation, 12 lights in a 20x20 space, running minisplits and a quest 205 dehumidifier. The mini and dehumidifier have their drain lines recirculated to my RO tank allowing me to recapture a good deal of water daily.

We noticed some PM in the room (will treat it with a foilar on Monday) and I am concerned that the spores may be recirculated via this condensation collection method.

Anyone have any experience with this? true / not true / possible / not possible? I disconnected the lines for now and just ran them to a drain to be proactive, but I'd like to know.
thanks!

Dehumidifiers also pull gunk out of the air, feeding that water back to plants is nasty as fuck. Never recycle AC or dehumidifier condenser water.
Proof: Check the PPM/TDS of that runoff.

A room will never be fully rid of PM spores without stripping the room and disinfecting it from top to bottom, and using fresh uninfected plant material. It's a bitch.
Burn sulfur 1x/week for x amount of time depending on ft2 room size, is the only way to control it effectively.

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yup sulphur burn or spray and burn, we spray everything down between crops with a 10% bleach solution, then with a sulphur solution , walls, floor, fans top and bottom of the sites and res.

If we get pm we start by thinning the plants, then with a pump sprayer full of h202 at 2tbs per gallon of water spray them down, give them 3 to 5 days then do a sulphur burn for 4 5 hours with the intake closed and exhaust fans off.
And we up the circulating air in the room with extra fans.
You can use h202 up to the day before harvest and sulphur up to two weeks before harvest.
Good luck

Hey Doc G.. Ive tested the PPM and it comes back 0 with the PH at around 7. Same as my RO water. As this is water collected from particles out of the air (being freshly expirated by the plants) its clear and clean. All the equipment and hoses are brand new. Condensate recovery is a viable reuse of an existing resource IMO. My concern is def the spores. My findings and research indicate the H2o2 solution or a refilter to .2 microns will eliminate any remaining spores in the tanks.
Thanks to everyone who participated with answers!

Good deal. Inexpensive home dehumidifier units typically used in the small grows hereabouts are known to drop heavy metals in the water, probably because the condensers are of cheap Chinese origin. PM spores also hide in your fans, on walls, on soil. Afom uses a handheld uV light to kill spores with (he says) some success, but I've not tried that method. In my experience PM requires "scorched earth" disinfecting & it's one of the single biggest ass pains to deal with outside of spider mites.

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom