Police And Judges Call For California To Legally Opt Out Of War On Cannabis

GeorgeV you remind me of myself a lot. Every time i get pissed of at some injustice by the government, i can let it drive me crazy if i let it! So i just fire up the bong and forget about it. WELCOME TO 420..

even here in canada i,ve been getting some goodies from one of the many compassion clubs. The province downloaded a new tax they call hst piggybacked on to another tax called gst totalling 13% in taxes adding $300 a pound but I will gladly pay that for high grade quality smoke really beats street smoke and street prices

I just want to first say Thank You to everyone for your comments, they are all worthy.

However.. let's keep this on topic. Comments are about the article specifically, not about the 1% or 99%, not about who we want to vote for, etc. Let's get this back on topic. :)

Some folks have their little grow going on and don't want to see everyone else allowed to do the same !! LOL !! When prop 19 was being considered, markcastle was one of the most vocal oponents, and I could never understand that. Are you a smalltime Ca. grower that don't want compitition, as I know most of the Minacino growers voted against the prop 19 !! Shame on all you greedy people, you had your shot and you blew it !

Some folks have their little grow going on and don't want to see everyone else allowed to do the same !! LOL !! When prop 19 was being considered, markcastle was one of the most vocal oponents, and I could never understand that. Are you a smalltime Ca. grower that don't want compitition, as I know most of the Minacino growers voted against the prop 19 !! Shame on all you greedy people, you had your shot and you blew it !

Sorry but it prop 19 has nothing to do with this and if anything... could have resulted in more arrests. I am sorry but you fail to realize that the feds can care less about our state laws and only care about do what they feel is right. Prop 19 would have done nothing except having more decieved people being pushed around by the feds. You want action and the ability to have our plant more mainstream... get it rescheduled to II. MMJ is the only hope... not rec use.

Well said GanjaAL2
I for one am tired of growing a few meds for the wife and myself.
By the time I pay for the light, nutes and such and share with a few friends,
it is just not worth it.
I have read that the price would come down to about $35 an oz?
I wish.
By the way I am 72 and not really up to this grow thing anymore.
Thanks for the great site

No problem with taxes in general,just not more of them and not on my right to grow marijuana. And as for regulations ,bunk! Just try telling me what,how much, or where I can grow! Hasn`t worked out so far has it! Seems some people are willing to bend over and kiss butt just to get what they should be free to do anyway. And it doesn`t work,just inslaves you.

Now I`m not big on despenceries in general but they do serve a a few people who ether have no place to grow or are to sick to grow for themselfs. At any rate,it`s Our State`s right to allow them here in Cali and the Feds have no right to push us around!
I do agree that we need to have marijuana on a different scedual. Like none! That`s just an other way to try to control us so they can make money off us! Is this what America has come down to? Those who make money and set the rules and those who pay money and must go by the rules? That is not what I consider a free country at all! Again nothing wrong with making money in general, but people lets watch the greed!

I too, do not want to be taxed on the right to grow. Getting it legalized is hard enough, try pushing it through congress and the states as a tax-free product in America. Not going to happen, nice thought, but I can't think of a single argument why it should not be taxed when sold. Other than "That's the way I want it".

As a parent, I can honestly say that I want it regulated strictly. The thought of anyone being able to grow hundreds or thousands of pounds to push it on my 13 year old and other kids is not anything I would ever support. I'm all for legalization, but if you want to grow more than you can consume, I'd seriously question anyone's motive for wanting to do that.

I`m not for pushing it through any Goverment ,State or Fedral. I think it should be decriminalized (made legal by default) like it was before Goverment stepped in.

My family has been growing pot as far back as the early 1600`s.My Great Grand Mother first gave me marijuana as a medicine when I was ill at age 6. They didn`t let me run around stoned all the time though. I`m a parent and Grand Parent myself but I gess I have a different out look on use of Marijuana by children. First they are children and don`t always make the best desisions.That`s why parents should make them for them.But I don`t think anyone else should be making those desisions,not other people and not our Goverment! Making marijuana legal or decriminalized would not make it ok to give marijuana to other peoples minor minor children.No laws would have to be made to insure this because there are already plenty of them on the books as well as civil case laws.

The hardest part about the government steping in and having there hand in it... they can do as they wish without us having any say in the matter. That in itself is the underlining problem with getting people behind the tax and regulate stance. To be honest... if we just get it rescheduled then to be honest... the Cowboys who violate our constitutional rights will not have a leg to stand on. Then the states can figure out the rest and the fed can get their much needed income and business taxes they so desperately need to fund all their neat little programs they want.

The hardest part about the government steping in and having there hand in it... they can do as they wish without us having any say in the matter.

Well... Only if people refuse to participate in the voting process and/or lie down like dogs and let their government act in ways which aren't representative of the majority's will.

We can all gripe about our government and the way it acts (and I admit that I do as much of that as anyone). But at the end of the day, every government acts at the sufferance of the governed - what our government does or doesn't do is because of US, our actions and inactions.

I voted... but things did not happen the way I wanted too. I will vote again. Hopefully it will change this time. I see the big picture... you will not get marijuana mainstream by trying to get the votes needed for rec use. That is just plain fact. HOwever we have enough people who can get it changed to scheduled II if people will pull together. Again... MMJ is the only hope to get our plant mainstream.

SB county is a prime example of people doing what they want and puting definitions as to how they see fit. In SB county... no more than two people can grow for their own personal use in unincorporated areas of the county as 3 or more by the counties own made up deffinition classifies them as a collective. Again... the counties left to regulate as they see fit.

I`m not for pushing it through any Goverment ,State or Fedral. I think it should be decriminalized (made legal by default) like it was before Goverment stepped in.

My family has been growing pot as far back as the early 1600`s.My Great Grand Mother first gave me marijuana as a medicine when I was ill at age 6. They didn`t let me run around stoned all the time though. I`m a parent and Grand Parent myself but I gess I have a different out look on use of Marijuana by children. First they are children and don`t always make the best desisions.That`s why parents should make them for them.But I don`t think anyone else should be making those desisions,not other people and not our Goverment! Making marijuana legal or decriminalized would not make it ok to give marijuana to other peoples minor minor children.No laws would have to be made to insure this because there are already plenty of them on the books as well as civil case laws.

At one point in history, wasn't it illegal not to grow it in Virginia at one time? As a rotational crop I mean... Idk why, just made me think about that what you said about regulations. Gave me a chuckle.

Sorry to be off topic a bit... But being able to trace your family doing something that specific for four hundred years? Thats pretty freaking cool.

HOwever we have enough people who can get it changed to scheduled II if people will pull together.
Unfortunately, that's not how it works. We don't get to vote to have it moved to schedule II. It is through a petition process, where you present evidence as to why it should be moved and the DEA has the sole right to decide whether or not to move it. Many have tried before. You and I could petition them today, or millions could in futility, but until they get "the word" from the President it will remain on schedule I. The really bad thing about it is, the DEA can also change it at will. Suppose we convinced Obama to remove it completely, all good right? Not really, the next President with a wave of his magic wand can put it back on Schedule I and we are back to where we started from.

Ohh, I forgot, sorry. You can also get a bill pushed through congress to change the scheduling or remove it entirely. One such bill is already underway, H.R. 2306. Call or write your representative and tell them to support it if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom