Popeye's Hempy SOG Bomb THC Closet Grow - 2013

Pop Eye

Hello everyone, I have been reading journals for the past few months and I have finally decided to grow with a little push from my friend. I just want to say the members on this site seem to be the most helpful people around even some of the sponsors. I am starting this journal a little prematurely because I want to get some advice on my grow before I start. Therefore I don't have all of the details yet, but once i start i will update. Although I have completely read through the grow room, how to grow page I figured there is still a lot to learn, even if it means trial and error. That being said I'm trying to prevent as much error as possible. Just to give you an idea of my grow:

What strain is it? Bomb Thc Bomb feminized seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? It is a hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? start from seed
If in Veg... For how long? n/a
If in Flower stage... For how long? n/a
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor closet grow
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 25% vermiculite 75% perlite mix
If soil... What size pot? 2L bottles
Size of light? 400w Hps
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? n/a yet
RH of Room/cab? n/a yet
PH of media or res? n/a yet
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? every other day, feed every other watering
Type and strength of ferts used? I plan on using Blue Planet Nutrients 3-part pack

I am growing in an outdoor closet, the dimensions are 4.5ftw x 6ftd x 9fth. It is a completely sealed closet with no intake or exhaust holes. My plan is to set up a 3x3 hempy grow, cut a hole in the wall at the bottom about 6" in diameter and another hole in the ceiling the same size. I will also be placing an oscillating fan in the room. I was going to use a 400w hps light with an air cooled hood attached to a 6" can fan attached to a DIY carbon filter for this space but I am open to suggestions if you think this setup isn't adequate.

These photos hopefully will give you a better idea of what I'm working with, ignore the cfls, that was my plan originally.
grow_room17.jpg
IMG_037219.JPG

I am very excited and I can't wait to start my grow. I am basing my grow off of 420fieds hempy grow, truly inspiring. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Alright everyone getting closer to my grow, I picked up a 1000w hps and 400w mh today, glad I didn't waste money on the 400w I'm sure this decision will prove to be a better one. Also picked up perlite and a thermometer buying seeds online tomorrow and the first of my "spinach" plants should be planted by next week :) never knew growing plants could be this exciting.

Back
Top Bottom