Portland Media Group Releases False Report About Jack Herer's Death

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Jack Herer is in critical but stable condition.

Friends of Jack Herer's are peeved over an alleged journalist with the Portland Examiner.com, who released an article Friday stating that the hemp icon had died. In reality, Jack continues fighting for his life in a Portland Hospital following a heart attack Saturday; the information was blatantly false.

I sure don't see this type of mistake very often, and I am not sure if there are actual reporters at this publication, or if it is a "citizen journalist" site where nobody is actually required to check facts. A simple call to the hospital perhaps?

We aren't sure who this "article" was written by, and we don't know for sure if it is just a vindictive reporter without the first clue, but that doesn't soften the blow the published false report had on the family and millions of fans of Jack Herer.

The idea of what happened is probably based in the fact that there are still plenty of people in the world who refuse to believe the science backing marijuana. It is called by some the best single medical treatment on earth, and it has never caused a single death.

There is no easy explanation for why their lowly skilled employee(s) jumped straight to the 'lie' button.

Lies and false propaganda are the last thing the anti-marijuana crusaders have left in their toolbox. They're like the Nazi's who continued to persecute Jews after the fall of the Third Reich. People become so accustomed to the falsehoods they live by, that they forget just what is what.

The people listed at this online publication need to do some housecleaning, because we will not forget any time soon what they did.

We know that people in the Portland area are calling for the firing of whoever submitted the non-researched article.

Here is a small quote from their article which has now been removed from its online slot, "Jack is dead; he and Jerry can say hello again ... Ken Kesey too ... three criminals, three lives wasted. Of course there's an endless list ..."

This was published as a legitimate news article. I don't see it as an editorial, though it is 1000% opinion driven in the first line.

I've written Oregon news nearly every day for the past five years, but I am not familiar with the Examiner. They list several hundred people as "examiners" and I get the idea that anyone can write for this group without any background. It is sad.

There is a place for "citizen journalists" but people who write actual articles about life and death and real news developments, should be skilled and trained before they are turned loose. This does nothing to build credibility for Internet reporters.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Tim King
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com
Website: Portland Media Group Releases False Report About Jack Herer's Death - Salem-News.Com

If there's any doubt that the PE is a rag all one needs do is find the fantasies published by a locksmith named John English, self proclaimed expert on the evils of merryjewanna.

Back
Top Bottom