Possible mag deficiency?

tokeycones

Nutrifield 70/30 coco perlite pre conditioned, 150-200ppm cmx 550-650ppm Nutrifield coco A+B and the additives that don't effect ec. Noticed what i think may be mag issues most the way through this run? My girl is day 50 today Critical Kush just wondering if anyone has grown this strain or knows if it might just be a calmagwhore. Not sure if i can over do it on the calmag hence the post.

Attachments

• crit taco.jpg
    crit taco.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 86
  • crit mag.jpg
    crit mag.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 92
in general, with stronger lights such as strong LED lights, you just need more of everything.
I'm running a 315w cmh and a 2000w king+ Led this run, last run was just a 600 led this could be the case, im getting the very start of yellowing tips though so i think my total ppm is fine. If i have to increase my ppm of calmag do i put less of the base nutrient so my total ppm isn't too high?

I'm running a 315w cmh and a 2000w king+ Led this run, last run was just a 600 led this could be the case, im getting the very start of yellowing tips though so i think my total ppm is fine. If i have to increase my ppm of calmag do i put less of the base nutrient so my total ppm isn't too high?
no, the ppm number is not magic. Just know that the reason it is higher than your target is because of the added calmag

Does look like she needs a shot of calmag but always check the ph of the pot first mate. if that's off it can cause all sorts of problems that can't be fixed by changing the nutes. Ppm should be around 600-800 for a plant that size. You feeding to run off aswell aye? Not doing so can cause excess nute build up which can also give you lockouts.

Does look like she needs a shot of calmag but always check the ph of the pot first mate. if that's off it can cause all sorts of problems that can't be fixed by changing the nutes. Ppm should be around 600-800 for a plant that size. You feeding to run off aswell aye? Not doing so can cause excess nute build up which can also give you lockouts.
Hey mate, ye ph is 5.8 in, between that an 6.3 out. runoff every watering 10-20%. ppms 700 on her 800 on my gorilla glue comes out the same or maybe 30-50 above whats going in so that's fine . I think it's more mag than cal + i'm bordering on n toxicity cmx is maybe 6.0% N 2.0Mg so not sure i want to bumpp that up, I might look on my a+b see which part has the magnesium and hope the nitrogen is the other bottle haha then up the dosage on the a or b.

Right mate, now that sound's pretty perfect. The ph I recommend for coco is 5.7-6.3 and ppm sound's good... but....

With the run off being 0.5 higher than what's going in, the chances are that the media itself is higher than that. I start to run into problems when it goes past 6.5 in the media which yours most likely i if the run off is 6.3.
Imagine it like running water through a teabag. It'll come out tasting like tea because it's been run through a teabag but it's nowhere near as concentrated as the teabag.

My personal recommendation, as you don't have a ph probe, would be to drop the base nutes a little bit, 20%ish. and the bring the ph of the nutes down to around 5 for a couple of days. That'll bring the pots ph down a bit.
You are a bit dark green so that could be too much N which in turn would start to lock out the mag out.
If after 3 days there's no improvement then my answer isn't the right one but doing it will definitely not make it any worse. Adding extra things into the mix could.
Imo that would be the safest thing to do right now.

Oh and what do you mean "cmx is 6%"?
Lost me on that bit lol.
6% nitrogen on my cmx, cmx is the cal+mag+iron i use , my coco is buffered to 6.4 but if my plant is eating up some of the nutrients won't that cause the ph to rise ? and a slurry test would tell me where the ph is at. iw will only go 0.5 if i go longer than 24 hours without watering

6% nitrogen on my cmx, cmx is the cal+mag+iron i use , my coco is buffered to 6.4 but if my plant is eating up some of the nutrients won't that cause the ph to rise ? and a slurry test would tell me where the ph is at. iw will only go 0.5 if i go longer than 24 hours without watering
Right mate, I was still confused lol so I re-read your first post and hit Google.
I now know what cmx is and what your coco is.
Your cmx is pretty similar to what I use. i rarely need cal or mag, I just use it for the iron. My tap water is only 48ppm too so it's not like there's much of anything in there.
Your coco being buffered to 6.4 means absolutely nothing for anything other than seedlings. If you're not checking the actual ph of the coco regularly with a probe then it could be anywhere.
By all means carry on and Increase the calmag supplement to combat it, it might work but without properly checking the ph first you could be causing more problems.
I just had to check what a slurry test is too as i'd a never heard the term. It's nowhere near as accurate as a soil probe because your mixing it with water that has it's own ph and will dilute it.

Right mate, I was still confused lol so I re-read your first post and hit Google.
I now know what cmx is and what your coco is.
Your cmx is pretty similar to what I use. i rarely need cal or mag, I just use it for the iron. My tap water is only 48ppm too so it's not like there's much of anything in there.
Your coco being buffered to 6.4 means absolutely nothing for anything other than seedlings. If you're not checking the actual ph of the coco regularly with a probe then it could be anywhere.
By all means carry on and Increase the calmag supplement to combat it, it might work but without properly checking the ph first you could be causing more problems.
I just had to check what a slurry test is too as i'd a never heard the term. It's nowhere near as accurate as a soil probe because your mixing it with water that has it's own ph and will dilute it.
Ok are we talking like a good quality soil probe or can i just get a 20 buck one from the local hardware because the bluelab probe is 200+ im a bit broke atm hahaha, ahh right makes sense so can i just flush it out then pre condition the coco to a different ph ? or how do you have the coco at a set ph as they do with the stuff i have. It just seems strange because i went last grow same ph in ect no issues.

Sorry mate I've just realised I sound a bit aggro there, didn't mean to come across that way lol
and no not at all mate been very helpful with good explanation/reasoning behind everything. i'm on a growers page but i find a lot of condescending pricks so i tend to jump in here first :p

and no not at all mate been very helpful with good explanation/reasoning behind everything. i'm on a growers page but i find a lot of condescending pricks so i tend to jump in here first :p
Yeah me too mate, I know the feeling lol. I'm not sure about the cheap probes to be honest. Don't need a bluelab though. Fuck that, Much cheaper and just as reliable alternatives out there.
I use "essentials" for my meters but never checked for a probe.

Back
Top Bottom