Pot & Depression

I find that marijuana stops my cycling.

Kittyloaf said:
::sigh:: my opinion is a very unpopular one, but is backed up by a few of my non-pot-biased doctors.

Do NOT smoke if you're in a depressed state. EVER. Weed is not a stimulant. It will not buoy your feelings; rather, it will numb them. What is recommended is to wait until you've levelled out a little, THEN smoke. This is doubly true for manic depression, which is what I've got. I take this very very seriously- you should never put anything in your system until you're done cycling.

Miss Indica said:
I find that marijuana stops my cycling.

SAME HERE.

Im doing better this week [more so than last]. Of course, I quit my job Monday, so that might of had some affect:laughtwo:

All I have to do now is pass that stupid piss test and I am all go to go. My plants should be ready for harvest and I will be making enough money with this new job to pay all my bills.

My company is opening a branch in Sunnyvale. I was dignosed with severe depression at like.. 16. And put on suicide risk (even though I never once expressed interest in suicide, or said that I did).

My original doctor wanted me on all sorts of meds but I refused. After I moved here I found a new doctor who supported my distaste for meds and through talk-therapy has said that I am now at a stage of low level depression. The kicker? He pulled me aside and told me straight up that if I could do it safely weed is a strong safe alternative to the meds these doctors perscribe. He said he couldn't tell me to smoke weed officially, he was just letting me know it has been known to help. I gave him a wink and he gave me a nod and thats that.

In any case, my point is that now that I have the opportunity to move to CA do you think that I could get a "green card" as it were for my depression? It isn't a result of Bi-Polar disorder but it is a long persistant depression from childhood that has just recently been declared low level.

On one hand, I feel bad because I know there are people with much more serious problems that are using this program, and people who fake it or use it for no real reason are abusing and hurting the system. But on the other I know that my marijuana use has played a hand in my downgraded depression status and smoking it legally would be wonderful.

One three. Do you think maybe the reason you liked marijuana in the first place had to do with the fact that it reduced your depression. Many people accuse med patients of being stoners before they were prescribed, but its just a chicken and egg scenario. I think many people like the drug because of their medical condition. Those meds that the doctor give you are worth a try because they do help some people. But they definately did not help me, well i mean they did but every now and then they would cause me to become super depressed and I would want to kill myself. After my mom walked in on me loading a gun, I never toached another antidepressant again. (Edit: BTW i am not a suicidal person at all anymore, so dont worry it was just the meds) What people dont understand is that some drugs work for some people and other drugs work for other people. I mean it makes total since why I first loved pot when I started doing it. It really is the miracle drug for me because it reduces my two problems: gastritis and depression. I think if I lived in a mmj state I could get it prescribed for my gastritis. It really does help because most of the time when I eat I get too nausiated and end up throwing up everything I worked so hard to get down. I love my life now becuase of weed, even when I'm not high, which I'm actually not right now. I'm now a much healthier person, and a lot more active and motivated.

Mad Toker, I wuz in the EXACT same boat as you a couple of years ago. I've wanted to join the military for a LONG time. But around the age of 11 or 12, I started to get really REALLY depressed. I would have these nightmares of what happened to me when I was little, I was abused, starved, etc. I started taking anti-depressants. then I realized that since they put me down as depressed, i couldn't join the military. Well this really helped my condition...I would go weeks without eating, then weeks eating till i threw up. I became totally anti-social, my friends were drifting further and further away...Still to this day i can't really make those friends back. But I didn't know what to do, i was running out of options and these "anti-depressants" were making everything worse. Nothing was taking these nightmares away that seemed to come to me every night. It got to where when i took them I would have a knife in my pocket, just in case i got an urge. Then, on June 11, when i was 13 years old, a pothead i kinda knew came to my house. He asked me have i ever smoked, and i said no. Asked if i wanted to try. Hell yea i said. We waited until 4:20 for some reason that wuz unbeknownst to me at the time. It was great!! I had never been so happy! my parents were gone for 2 days, so he stayed over that night, we played video games, ate like we haven't in weeks, and it wuz just amazing. and for once in a long time, i wuz happy. that night, no nightmare, just a really crazy dream about crunchy peanut butter. haven't had any problems since. Weed saved my life, and gave me a new appreciation for crunchy peanut butter. all i gotta say is THANK YOU, CANNABIS!!

Back
Top Bottom