Pot For Kids? Harle-Tsu Could Be The Strain

Robert Celt

Is marijuana suitable for children? With strains like Harle-Tsu, perhaps. Short for Harlequin Tsunami, this strain has higher than 10 percent CBD and less than 1% THC, meaning this flower provides the medical benefits without the psychotropic high usually associated with cannabis.

"Pure" CBD strains like this, with less than 1 percent THC, first reached the mainstream in 2013, when Dr. Sanjay Gupta profiled a Colorado strain called "Charlotte's Web" for CNN. It had been bred for a little girl named Charlotte who suffered from Dravet Syndrome, which caused her to have hundreds of seizures a day. After administering CBD oil, the seizures stopped almost completely.

In April 2015, the NYU Comprehensive Epilepsy Center released a study that showed CBD reduced seizure symptoms in patients aged 2-26 by an average of more than 50 percent.

Charlotte's story, and others like hers, have been the impetus for "CBD-only" medical marijuana laws in various states. Lawmakers' hearts are almost in the right place. But "CBD-only" programs are difficult to administer and to supply with sufficient product. Not to mention they neglect the medical benefits THC and THC/CBD strains can provide to adults.

It's a little unusual to find flowers with less than 1 percent THC because these crops are turned into concentrates to be used as tinctures or pills. These pills and tinctures can be more appropriate for children (no smoking) and other people with medical conditions that make smoking impossible or unwise.

Scent, Appearance and Taste: This Harle-Tsu is fluffy and light. It is pale green and light on crystals and hairs. It is a little twiggy -- not the best trim job. It smells sweet and fruity with woody undertones. It tastes earthy and herbaciously spicy. But honestly, you do not buy this flower for its looks, taste or appearance. It is all about the high CBD to THC ratio: Regardless of its physical properties, that is what makes this flower special.

Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, you can hit this flower hard and fast and probably not cough. I will switch to a strain like this if I have a bad cough or rib problems and do not want to risk a coughing fit by smoking.

The Experience: Smoking high-CBD, "no"-THC flowers is an interesting experience for people used to consuming marijuana with THC; it is a little disorienting to feel almost no head symptoms after smoking. The only giveaways are the dry eyes and mouth. I frequently wondered, "Is it working?" until my nausea and pain gently melted away.

I typically use a 2:1 CBD to THC ratio flower such as Maui Bubble Gift for pain and morning use. I find the combination of CBD and THC more useful for pain management than either alone. But sometimes you need to be more sober and strains with THC will not do. That is when you turn to Harle-Tsu.

That is not to say that the effects of Harle-Tsu are not noticeable. About 15 minutes after smoking, I definitely feel better. It is sort of like popping an Advil; it doesn't feel like anything until it kicks in and then it just helps with symptoms.
Since there won't be an immediate head effect to tell you when you have had enough, just smoke one bowl or a couple of hits and then wait to see how you feel.

Final Thoughts: It's important for everyone to know that this kind of medical marijuana exists. Not every medical user is high all the time, and some can use every day and never get a traditional THC high if they only use CBD (or topical) products. If someone with a medical condition is interested in cannabis but THC makes them nauseous or paranoid, there are still medical products out there for them to try.

People experiencing physical discomfort that I have shared Harle-Tsu with have been impressed with it; those without physical ailments think it's a waste of a smoke. So if you are curious about a cannabis experience without the high, I recommend picking up a gram of Harle-Tsu -- just wait until you have sore muscles or are not feeling very good, otherwise you will completely miss the appeal of this product.

Harle-Tsu.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Pot For Kids? Harle-Tsu Could Be The Strain
Author: Alison Gary
Photo Credit: Alison Gary

if you give a kid a coca cola,,or eat at mc donalds, etc, it is safer for kids to have a toke for medical application peace

I agree with almost everything the above writer said about Harle Tsu.
I do not smoke, however I make my own Everclear based Tincture, and a distiller.
The only exception I found with the seeds I purchased. The buds tested at a reliable lab
in San Diego, showed the THC content to be at 8%.
I'll have another harvest of HARLE TSU in October, and I will have it tested.
So for now that's all I have to say. Follow up in October.
thanks for all the contributors.

This post was from 2016 the op prob not about any more.

Medical reasons 100%.But letting my 6 year old grand daugther have a toke is never going to happen.In fact not even cbd unless again medical reasons.I would not want any child of mine to start of there young life depending on ANY medication.Unless they had to.I live in the uk and one thing i see is ALOT of countries my own also.there is a pill/medication for everything its why there is such a big opium problem.Wonder how many of those users were given medication of some sort when young ADHD (cant control my kids dope um up) pills etc spring to mind.

Just so im clear any medication for a illness in a kid i agree with , what i dont is giving kids drugs or any sort to make the
an adults life easier and i feel the abuse of weed/cbd etc would come just like pills from doctors.

I agree with almost everything the above writer said about Harle Tsu.
I do not smoke, however I make my own Everclear based Tincture, and a distiller.
The only exception I found with the seeds I purchased. The buds tested at a reliable lab
in San Diego, showed the THC content to be at 8%.
I'll have another harvest of HARLE TSU in October, and I will have it tested.
So for now that's all I have to say. Follow up in October.
thanks for all the contributors.
Looking forward to your follow up.
Thankz

Back
Top Bottom