Pot-Head Schwarzenegger Blasts SEIU for Supporting Marijuana Legalization

[/QUOTE]

They already piss all over California state law constantly as is... so I fear how things will go when Prop 19 (most likely) gets passed this November. Like you I want it 100% legal, I just don't want November to open up an entire different can of worms where the table turns, and in the end the same people end up getting hurt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah like I said I my previous posts FEAR will do shit for us ACTION will.

YOU THINK THE FUCKERS IN WASHINGTON ARE SCARED WHEN THEY SCREW US? FUCK NO .......BUT THEY SHOULD BE ITS ON NOW! YES ON 19

honestly, i agree with discusted.

i mean think about it, its fine the way it is. why give countys the power to say if marijuana is legal or not. in my opinion its kind of starting to sound exactly like how they originally banned cannabis in the 1930's.

like discusted said, does it not sound like the perfect set up where you can under legal prescription, grow a certain amount of plants to provide for your self and the clubs.

but by handing power to the individual counties (of which 114 of them have already planned to ban it from there county) it kind of seems like a step over the limit.

i think the idea of the word "legalize" appeals to many so automatically it sounds like the right choice yeah? but they never tell you the fine print.

honestly, i agree with discusted.

i mean think about it, its fine the way it is.

Tell that to the 70,000 arrested for cannabis possession in California last year.

CA spent nearly a billion dollars in 2008 on the MJ war.

help save our state from further financial disaster, please vote yes on 19.

alright, sure, 7000 peole got nicked last year. i bet more then half of them didnt hold up to the rules and responsibilities that comes with having a cannabis card.

i personally know of friends that have it and abuse the simple to follow rules and what do ya know, they got in trouble for it.

and the fact of having that many people arrested last year doesnt negate the fact that 114 counties are going to ban it.
thats sort of the concern. im sure that 70000 would be much higher. way to much power is being handed over to the state. undet prop 215 we control most of the MMJ industry. why would you ever want to give that up.

undet prop 215 we control most of the MMJ industry. why would you ever want to give that up.

what makes you think that 19 changes this?

the fact that 114 counties are going to ban it.

FACT: there are only 58 counties in CA

if your local muni bans rec stay medical..or move where the local government will treat you with respect and actually wants to stay in office.

Tell that to the 70,000 arrested for cannabis possession in California last year.

I am still up in the air about prop 19. Don't get me wrong I believe cannabis should be lawful for anyone over 18. (what? you can go die for your country but can't get high. bull!!!!).

There is just something about his prop that just sets wrong. Everyone is willing to give up something to get something, I don't think we should give up anything to get what is right.

Make it taxable, make it controllable, and make it profitable to the state.

These are my concerns. Money is the issue but not for us ordinary people. it is about saving the State money on one hand and grabbing it with the other.

I just think that a hidden agenda is somewhere present, and if you don't then I think you are a bit naive.

Hey! we are going to make MJ legal in Calif.. Jump on the wagon quick, don't ask questions. Don't look behind the curtain, Just here me and here me good, "it is great for the people of Calif."

I have heard this before in my life and it has always bit me in the ass. So I am asking, "are you absolutely positive that this is the answer for the people of Calif?"

I posted the link to the website that seems to address the line by line interpretation of prop 19. Seems to me the positive spin politicians put on stuff. Not that this guy is a politician or anything. But law is not so easily interpreted and many times it means 'exactly what it says, no more and no less.' so if something is left out then it is left out for a reason, if something is included it is included for a reason. Don't ever assume that prop 19 meanse more than what it says.

There is already a move by many cities, I believe the guy that said something like 112 is mistaken there are only 58 counties in Calif, to ban dispensaries within there limits. Prop 19 would allow cities to do just that without any hassle at all. I believe it also gives cities a greater ability to restrict MJ users as well.

I can drink and smoke in my backyard during a barbecue with all my minor grandchildren present, Under 19 I can be arrested and charged with several misdemeanors and yes a felony or 2 for firing up my pipe.

Yes there is legislation pending to make it unlawful to smoke when minors are present including your home or automobile. Next is public smoking. There are enough laws on the books already to keep drinking within an establishment or residence. It won't take much to include smoking.

Just tell me this will not happen to MJ users under prop 19 and I will vote unconditionally for it.

well what ever the actual number, the point stands. it does infact increase restrictions on mj.
its a simple concept. would you like more restrictions or less?

what ever the legalities of the situation actually are, me as a passionate grower, worry about the quality of mj if it were to legalize smoothly.
now i havent herd any rumors or any word on the street. its just a thought that came to mind that if they started mass growing mj like they do tobacco farms, how long will it be till they start treating pot farms like tobacco farms with all the pesticides and additives. I really think with the way mmj is cycled around the system to day is a lot more down to earth. most of the bud you smoke has been grown by a person who took the time to learn the process, and raised the plant though its life time and sold it to the dispencieries for the public to access.

that sounds well better then getting a pack of (and im not saying these are real or not cause honestly i dont know but i feel it would be eventually) Marlboro pre-rolls. ygguhh..gross

but i dont know. I just think what we have now is perfect and shouldnt push our luck. cash in the chips and go ya know yeah?

There is just something about his prop that just sets wrong. Everyone is willing to give up something to get something, I don't think we should give up anything to get what is right.

Apparently, you have no understanding of how politics work. The question as to whether something is right is not on the table. You have to give something to get something. We have the opportunity to set the tone for total legalization nationwide. If it's going to start, it's going to start here in California. Is the bill perfect? Duh...no. Is it a great start? Hellyeah, as long as we don't blow it by thinking of our petty personal circumstances!

You guys also seem to be forgetting that even if the voters of California vote yes on Prop 19, it could still end up like Prop 8. The voters spoke, and their votes ended up meaning nothing.

If 19 passes, there will undoubtably be challenges, starting with the feds.

Apparently, you have no understanding of how politics work. The question as to whether something is right is not on the table. You have to give something to get something. We have the opportunity to set the tone for total legalization nationwide. If it's going to start, it's going to start here in California. Is the bill perfect? Duh...no. Is it a great start? Hellyeah, as long as we don't blow it by thinking of our petty personal circumstances!

Maybe I know all to well how politics works. I see now that we have the Democratic attitude hear.

Lets give something to get something that is the political way. That is how people are negotiated into slavery.

I am not sure I want to give up my freedom for more government control or imprisonment.

With the new law making 1 oz an infraction, negates the argument for the problems that prop 19 might bring.

Along with medical MJ the new law that was signed into effect is pretty much the best answer we can hope for within politics. We didn't have to give anything up to get it either. They will never totally give you free access to MJ, it will always be a catch. There will always be a negotiation.

In our zest and zeal of gaining freedom to partake let's not give up the freedoms that we now have in the hopes for something that will never happen.

If you already live within a city that bans dispensaries then that ban will stay in effect with prop 19. There can be no judicial ruling on the violations of rights for medical MJ users. Yes medical MJ users will still enjoy the freedom to use MJ products but the Dispensary may be located 100's of miles away. Of course if that is too far to travel you local dealer can set you up and bam, off to jail you go when caught. Of course you can claim "I am allowed, it is for personal use and it's under an ounce." "buying and selling in those cities would be criminal under prop 19.

Just considerations that I need to overcome before I can support prop 19.

confuse me with the facts?

the fact is that places will ban it regardless of HOW MANY will ban it.
so i know the facts. and its STILL IGNORING THAT IT RELINQUISHES MORE RIGHTS THEN IT GIVES.

please for the love of christ read the fine print.

to awnser a simpler question, and im sorry for going in circles but im really trying to underline a main point here.

19 uses the word "legalize" but how is it that if more is lost?
right so in the 1930s mj was originally banned by ending the production of licences in the US yeah? there were licences, but because they had the right to control who gets one and who doesnt, they stopped all together. whats to stop them when 19 happens? now bare in mind this is worst case scenario.
I cant honestly say what will and will not happen when its legal, but it just seems like a trap in my own personal opinion

malashanko,
You didn't post a reason for me to support prop 19. LMAO

The only disagreement that I have is that under current law and the new law that removes the criminality of MJ. the cities that BAN dispensaries are under legal attack for violation of the individuals right to access medication. These cases won't be heard until after the election. If prop 19 passes these cases are gone along with the right to protest discrimination.

Maybe I know all to well how politics works. I see now that we have the Democratic attitude hear.

When I had a party affiliation, it was conservative

Lets give something to get something that is the political way. That is how people are negotiated into slavery.

Sounds altruistic. Got any examples?

I am not sure I want to give up my freedom for more government control or imprisonment

You mean smoking in front of your grandchildren?

In our zest and zeal of gaining freedom to partake let's not give up the freedoms that we now have in the hopes for something that will never happen.

As long as you have yours, screw everybody else?

If you already live within a city that bans dispensaries then that ban will stay in effect with prop 19. There can be no judicial ruling on the violations of rights for medical MJ users. Yes medical MJ users will still enjoy the freedom to use MJ products but the Dispensary may be located 100's of miles away. Of course if that is too far to travel you local dealer can set you up and bam, off to jail you go when caught. Of course you can claim "I am allowed, it is for personal use and it's under an ounce." "buying and selling in those cities would be criminal under prop 19.

It's criminal now...

the fact is that places will ban it regardless of HOW MANY will ban it.
so i know the facts. and its STILL IGNORING THAT IT RELINQUISHES MORE RIGHTS THEN IT GIVES.

Complete assumptions on your part...

I cant honestly say what will and will not happen when its legal

At least we agree on something...

When I had a party affiliation, it was conservative

Sounds altruistic. Got any examples?

1919 the right to travel on the roads of calif. were un hanpered. along came license, restricted travel.

9/11 now the patriot act. Don't speak against the government or you may be declared a terrorist and maybe arrested.

You mean smoking in front of your grandchildren?

When I smoked cigarettes, I smoked in front of my children and grand children, when I drink I drink in front of minors. you mean that I can't medicate in front of my grand children?

As long as you have yours, screw everybody else?

That is a liberal's argument, even though you claim to be conservative.
It has nothing to do with "got mine, screw everybody else." It is simple don't screw everyone by ignorance and deception blindly.

It's criminal now...
That statement is ambiguous at best. Under what specific conditions are you speaking. I go to my local dispensary and purchase my med, or now that harvest is done I will have my own in a week or so, is not illegal.

How hard is it to get a medical use certificate in Calif.? Not very hard at all if you truly want to acquire one.

Just a couple of scenarios that came to my mind just now:
1. Prop 19 passes, but there are no lawful dispensaries, then you must acquire product unlawfully, correct.

Not much of a change there.

2. Prop 19 passes, you grow your own. Maybe have a harvest of 2 pounds, that is 32 oz. of dried bud. 3 oz is the possession limit for personal use. It is claimed that all the harvest crap and all, as long as it is for personal use cannot be illegal. I am sure that there will be many who have to defend that in court. As for the prosecutor that want to charge you with possession with intent to sell, who is to say he can't prosecute under prop 19.

3. I can now smoke freely in my closet.

Please enlighten us, what exactly would 19's passage take away?
-one thing it will take away are the risks of getting busted if someone smells/sees pot or sees paraphernalia. no more probable cause...this is a HUGE change from how it is now.

any place that will ban pot sales after 19 passes are the same places that ban dispensaries under 215 now. and the next town over will happily make tax revenue from their prohibition neighbors. AND you could still grow your own and smoke it without worry of prosecution even if your muni decides pot sales and commercial grows are not OK.

prop 8 was overturned because it takes away rights instead of giving them. fact; that is against the constitution of both our state and country, not to mention it was mostly funded by another sate than ours, so it should have been instantly disqualified even before the vote happened. prop 8 was like mandating a white woman can no longer get married a Latino, Asian or black man.

I can not fathom why anybody that smokes weed (or those that dont for that matter) would not vote for a bill that says; “it shall be LAWFUL to possess and cultivate marijuana for personal consumption”

No on 19 voters seem to actually want to see another 77,000 + people harassed by cops next year...

Back
Top Bottom