Pot Sizing

Bindi

We have been using a 10'x6' space, with 50 plants in 3 gallon pots on a 4'x10' table. I am going to make the space about 2' longer so there will be more space for us and air to move around in. I'm also going to use two 4'x5' tables that can be rolled from side to side. I'm just wondering if it is better to have more plants in smaller pots, maybe 2 gallon, or stick with my 3 gallon pots. Smaller pots, smaller plants, but more of them line of thinking. Any thoughts?

We have been using a 10'x6' space, with 50 plants in 3 gallon pots on a 4'x10' table. I am going to make the space about 2' longer so there will be more space for us and air to move around in. I'm also going to use two 4'x5' tables that can be rolled from side to side. I'm just wondering if it is better to have more plants in smaller pots, maybe 2 gallon, or stick with my 3 gallon pots. Smaller pots, smaller plants, but more of them line of thinking. Any thoughts?

i would stick with the 3gallon pot for now on till they get root bound.

All depends on how fast they grow. Usualy 3-5gal is enough to complete the plants life cycle. Sometimes they just get big and go rootbound though, so theres always a chance you will have to transplant.

i'm a firm believer in large pots. on my first grow, i spent hours and hours reading all the instructions here and on other sites. best soil, nutes etc. the only thing i missed was pot size. although i got a very good harvest, i know that i would have been a lot more if not for the fact that they all became root bound. i only had one gallon pots for 4' plants. now i always use 3 or 5 gallon pots

Back
Top Bottom