Pot Smoking Club Opens

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Michigan - There's a new club in town for people who use medical marijuana. The Green Leaf Smokers Club opened in Williamstown Township. Owners say it's the first of it's kind in the state. Police fear it's just the beginning of a dangerous trend. A place for pot smokers to drink from a pot of coffee, eat a cookie laced with pot, or smoke it to ease their pain.

Rev. Wayne Dagit, Green Leaf Smokers Club: "Unfortunately a lot of people are resorting to the streets to get their medication, and we are offering a place where they can do so legally."

Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth, Ingham County Sheriff's Office: "I guess you'd call that a party wouldn't you? That's how I would put it. This has got nothing to do with medical marijuana, in my opinion. That was the floodgate that got opened up when they passed this insane law."

A law allowing people with a medical diagnoses to use marijuana under a doctor's care. Reverend Wayne Dagit runs a local ministry, now he's opening its doors to people with a state license to smoke medical marijuana.

Reverend Wayne Dagit: "If an individual becomes a new card holder and he has no way of getting any medication, as long as he is certified, then he can come in, he can appoint us as his caregiver."

The smoking club will also offer storage bins for customers who want to keep their medical marijuana there. It'll cost about 20 dollars a month.

Reverend Wayne Dagit: "That way you don't have to transport, you can be what we call, very discreet about what you do, and we even offer a spray that would eliminate any odor."

Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth: "You can't stop them from going, that's the, the law was written so poorly, that you really can't stop people, and actually proving whether they're licensed or not is another big obstacle for us."

New obstacles created by a new law that will ease the pain for some and create headaches for others. It's important to note that it was an overwhelming vote of the people that made medical marijuana a reality, but police still worry smoking clubs will mean more people under the influence on the road.

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: wlns.com
Copyright: 2010 WorldNow and WLNS
Contact: WLNS TV 6 Lansing Jackson Michigan News and Weather - WLNS.COM | - WLNS Home
Website: Pot Smoking Club Opens - WLNS TV 6 Lansing Jackson Michigan News and Weather - WLNS.COM |

I would rather have a thousand stoners driving around me than ONE drunk..But thats only my opinion..:roorrip:

I stand corrected,,Thanx for joining me ChicagoJoe..:roorrip:..ear

Pot and alcohol are not the same. Pot can help with focus, alcohol does not. LEOs and legislators do not understand this.

Ghosts of "Reefer Madness"..Our government is sooo narrow minded...:roorrip:

quote," New obstacles created by a new law that will ease the pain for some and create headaches for others."

maybe they should become a card holder for there headaches that are created by someone else trying to ease there pain, but than it don't have to be a headache if they would just get there head out of there ass.

quote," New obstacles created by a new law that will ease the pain for some and create headaches for others."

maybe they should become a card holder for there headaches that are created by someone else trying to ease there pain, but than it don't have to be a headache if they would just get there head out of there ass.

hahahahaaaa,,Welcome to Michigan Bro,,lol :roorrip:

been here for 41 years and the complaining from people like Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth on this subject certainly don't surprise me, he is just another government fed troll.

been here for 41 years and the complaining from people like Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth on this subject certainly don't surprise me, he is just another government fed troll.

It dont surprize me either, And i've been here 43 years..Moved from Georgia in 67' Been smoking since 68' lol

It dont surprize me either, And i've been here 43 years..Moved from Georgia in 67' Been smoking since 68' lol

smoking since 68 ? same year I was born, lol. :roorrip:

59 For me..I started young,,lol

Thanks to all the positive people and the ladies wanting to "nuture me" in these trying times.:smokin: We are appealing the Judges decision not to drop on affirmative defense and hope to get a break then. Another reporter came on as friend then tried to burn me again so we don't do interviews anymore since the peons twist shit to make what they think is "news" more marketable.
Any news about the case and next businesses will be posted on our site CFCC Ministries - CFCC Ministries

Thanks again to all the great people and to the Haters, well, go play somewhere. Even if it's with yourself.:Namaste:

IMO this idea is ridiculous. I don't go to a Vicoden club to take my pain pills. I do go to a bar to drink...but that's recreational! Recreational use of Marijuana is not legal yet. A business treating it as such would give us patients a bad rep.

Wouldn't letting people smoke there violate the Michigan smoking ban?

I agree with you. Even though I believe its a fundamental freedom to put whatever we wish into our bodies we are far from that point right now. Medical use is the issue that will be the cornerstone of re-legalization. Image is everything when working to change public perception. Dispensaries/Co-ops should present a professional and medical image at all times. Too many of them look more like headshops than medical businesses.

Back
Top Bottom