Potgoblin's Auto Blue Mystic CFL Stealth Grow 2012

Ok so Day 20 and shes picked up a lot since you guys last saw her even though it was only 2 days ago, the new ventilation is keeping the temps much cooler and they hover between 60 and about 75 which is great :) shes had a nice big drink today as i let her soil go bone dry, im hoping that will help to move the last of the nutes out that are giving her the slight burning on the edges of her leaves still, her new growth is shooting up fast and shes bushing out nicely :) ok pics.
IMG01109-20120305-2050.jpg
IMG01118-20120305-2055.jpg
IMG01111-20120305-2051.jpg
IMG01122-20120305-2056.jpg

In this last one you can see i had to sacrifice the first set of leaves as they had suffered such a bad burn they had shrank to almost nothing and there was very little green left in them, for the greater good i think :) but look!!!! that inside growth from the LST is still fighting for the light :D, also i think i'm seeing quite a few female pre-flowers but i don't want to jynx it so i'm not holding my breath, will post as soon as i see hairs though :) :peace:

Day 22 rearranged her anchors today and then gave her a light misting, shes doing well, still no hairs yet but shes an auto so cant be much longer :p ONA gel came today, saving it until she starts to smell as yet she doesn't :)
IMG01130-20120307-1302.jpg
IMG01132-20120307-1303.jpg

Also picked up some pukka, no name but very strong!
IMG01143-20120307-1338.jpg
IMG01147-20120307-1340.jpg
IMG01137-20120307-1336.jpg
IMG01145-20120307-1338.jpg

I'd be careful ,leaving a lot of moisture on your plant ,that close to soil can start some problems..I quit misting my plants a couple of grows ago,,lot less issues to deal with ,and they do great:allgood:

i'v only done it twice since she sprouted just now and then :) hopefully shouldn't cause any problems for her, i cut back to watering a lot less to so the soil drys out almost fully before i give her another drink, thanx for the advice tho sfw88 i'l make sure i dont over do it just to be safe :)

some friendly advise. stop playing with it, let it do its thing man, I see you have height restrictions so you have to lst but you gotta leave it be let it adjust before you train to much, your plant seems stressed I'm also running an auto under similar conditions except for the height, so no need to lst, and am only a few days ahead of you. I also wouldn't mist at all, the soil usually retains a lot of moisture.:goodluck:

Hey gdpthc cheers for the advice :) iv bin trying to leave her alone but not so easy when shes my first and only one lol what other signs of stress could you point out? (besides the yellow leaves of course) just so i know what to look for :)

Ok so its Day 25, iv stopped using the low stress training all together as i'v decided only to do it if its practical and at the moment she doesn't need it. im seeing lots of female pre-flowers but as of yet no hairs, the burning is still happening slightly but new growth is coming through well, strange thing is though the new leaves are showing a very odd yellowing, they look healthy but are just off colour, you can see this in the pics, anyone have any ideas? all help welcomed :)
IMG01149-20120310-1713_1_.jpg
IMG01156-20120310-1714.jpg
IMG01164-20120310-1716.jpg
IMG01162-20120310-1716.jpg
IMG01155-20120310-1714.jpg

off the top of my head i would say , maybe she needs some mag. do ya use "epsom salts" ?? might give it a try ..makes your leaves nice and green,,:yummy: 1 tsp per gallon of water

never used that stuff before or even heard of it lol, could it not be a side effect from the nute burn u think?

Ok its Day 28 with all the problems iv been having, nute burn, dying leaves and how small she is etc, i decided to put her in some better soil, this should stop the leaves turning yellow all together and give her a better chance :) ok so a quick run through of what i did, last night i had to sacrifice another two of the leaves as they were almost completely dead, today i sieved some top soil off a veg patch we Havent used yet, last year it was turned over really well with chicken manure and by now it has rotted down very well, nothing has been grown in it yet so it should hold all those lovely nutes and minerals she wants, i managed to get all her roots out safely but tbh she doesnt have a huge root system anyway so that was easy, i emptied her pot and put a layer about an inch thick of 3mm gravel at the bottom to help with drainage then popped her in and gave her a water, im goin leave her alone now n see how she does but i think this is a step in the right direction, i know i run the risk of pests by getting the soil straight from outside but i think its a risk worth taking as shes doing so poorly anyway, shes still only showing pre-flowers and no hairs and were almost at the month mark, hoping this was the right thing to do :) heres some pics guys peace
IMG01173-20120313-1322.jpg
IMG01167-20120313-1320.jpg

when i see that wet soil and water standing on the leaves , it worries me,,might be some of your yellowing problem. them roots need oxygen too, just sayin :passitleft: cough

she was only wet in the picture because id just that moment put her in new soil, i do let her dry out properly in between waterings :)

hey pg was just curious how far is ur light away from your plant. when workin with cfls the light they produce diminishes really quickly so the best place to have them is right over the plant. i keep my bulbs 2-3 inches away from the top of my plant. this might be the reason shes a lil slow. i know it may seem bright but thats only because the light is getting bounced off all the walls, drop that light and let her soak up those lumens

hey hashfiend cheers for the advice :) i'v since put some dvd's and books under her and the top of her is now 4 inches from the bulb, should do her some good :) and means i can lower her bit by bit when she starts to get bigger

Ok Day 31 and after a month of growth i'm pretty disappointed with her :( shes still very small and sickly looking, the new growth on the newest leaves has certainly started to green up which is good news so i'm guessing the soil change was the right move but shes still only showing pre-flowers and no hairs, she is starting to smell a bit more so i think in the next week i think she will probably go into full flower once shes fully recovered but i'm not expecting her to yield much at all (live and learn). I'm putting her small size and poor growth down to the fact that iv stressed the crap out of her early on in life (no mysteries there lol)

so i'v made the decision to germinate my other seed i have which is an auto feminized blueberry from dutch passion, i'm going to keep going with the auto blue mystic girl but my main focus now is going to be on the blueberry and what ever happens with the other one now is going to be down to god lol

I'v dropped the blueberry seed into a glass of room temperature rain water and put her in the dark, once the tap root shows she will be going into the soil (same pot but it should be large enough for the both of them as the blue mystic is just so small) and THIS time i'm not going to make the same mistakes, she wont be getting anything apart from light and water for a LONG time as the soil she is going to be in was turned over with chicken manure last year which by now has rotted down nicely and so should have plenty of nutrients in there for her, she wont be getting any LST done unless completely necessary and there's no way in hell i'm screwing around with fish poo nutrients (definitely what nearly killed the auto blue mystic and i'm pretty sure 75% of the reason shes so messed up) i knew i'd make lots of mistakes with my first grow but the way i see it is that at least with my second plant i wont make the same mistakes :) i'l keep you all updated on how they're both doing but everyone keep your fingers toes and eyes crossed that i dont screw this up so badly again lol :thanks: for all the support that so many of you have shown me on this site and stay tuned for my next update :) :peacetwo:

I think you'll be much happier with a new plant , you've learned a lot from this grow maybe you just grew the worlds smallest GIANT:peace:

Cheers sfw88, i think i'v beat her up pretty bad but i'l just "leaf" her to it lol if she survives and gives me even a tiny bit of free bud then great :) if not the as you said iv at least gained the knowledge of what not to do which in this case is more valuable than what to do i think, besides a fresh plant wont have all the complications that this one has, i can just let this new one get on with it :) got a good feeling about this second try :)

Back
Top Bottom