pots

IrishGrower

hi i have 2 plants 1 week into flower but already i can see roots coming from the bottom, is this ok or will that stunt flowering growth ??

:thanks::420:

It depends on how long they have been in that pot. Roots coming from the bottom is a common occurrence. You won't want to leave them stuck in that pot for too long. Several things can happen, root rot, root lock, etc. However, just seeing roots from the bottom doesn't mean that those things are happening or that the plant needs a new pot. The roots will grow vigorously in every direction when they are healthy and seeing them is a good thing.

If they have done all they can in that pot you have two options. Transplant into a larger pot with more dirt or take them from the pot they are in, cut the bottom half of the roots off (I use a machete), and work your fingers around the rest of the root ball to release the used grow medium around them and then you can add more dirt and put them back in the same pot. The second option is good for growers who have limited space and can not continue to move to a larger pot. They also seem to like it, a lot, I do it to my mothers and they grow like mad directly afterwards. When I have done it in flower I notice a huge spike in crystal formation and smell.

Ways to check, let the medium dry some, a day or two, maybe three depending on your conditions, then pick up the pot and squeeze slightly or shake it and see if the dirt moves as one piece. You can slide a plant in and out of its pot easily when its fully rooted, it comes out as one root filled hunk of dirt in the shape of its pot.

Back
Top Bottom