PowerpuffGirl's 1st Bubbles Grow

I'm using equal parts Fox Farm Grow Big and Big Bloom right now. I'm at .57 EC, about 1/4 nutes. I'm gradually increasing the concentration daily as long as the plants keep looking happy. Also, I finally read my FF nutes schedule for comprehension and I should be using twice the amount of Big Bloom to Grow Big in the nutes I add, so I'll be using that ratio in the nutes I give over the next two weeks.

sounds like you got it down.. just always be looking for nute burn and you'll be fine

hey ppg. i use the fox farm lineup also. My tap water comes out at 8.3 so even after using the nutes i have to adjust down. so i use alot of ph down in the beginning. Now toward the middle of the bud shedule , after i add full dose of nutes according to the ppm by foxfarm it measures about 4.5 so i need ph up. Any ways that stuff works great. they have included everything that the plant needs, youll be happy with the results. your plants look healthy though. good job

Good job...don't sweat the PH junk like you said. It's all over rated. Until someone can present to me some bud that is "PH Balanced" and it smokes so much better than mine, I am not buying it. There is not one single day that our beloved plant would be riding the same PH as the previous day in the ground...NEVER!!! Last time I smoked, I got real stoned..so there is my 2 cents...about all its worth to some, but ok!!...;-)

Longhorn, you've probably seen a couple of my posts re: pH. It is probably just dumb luck, good water and possibly good nutes (Advanced Sensi Bloom) but pH has been a non-issue for me. Then there are others that have a terrible time!

looking good, kinda reminds me of how i started last year. all my builds and DYI's are all on riu tho. umm one thing that was brought up to me that made me change my set up was the fact i was growing different strains in the same res. over time youll find thats a no no. as some will finish befor others, and all the roots will tangle into one huge ball in the res so instead of useing the one big res i now use individual 3 gal buckets. just my 2 cents. welcome to the bubble heads!

I remember Fry saying he was going to leave the undergrowth on the strain that finishes sooner in his res so that those plants will stay alive and he won't have to worry about the roots. As an added benefit those buds might even get him a little extra bud due to the extra time. Sounds like a good idea to me. I know generally your not supposed to do it because they grow at different rates and sometime will want different amounts of nutes but I do like the ability to grow a variety and the ease of one res.

I remember Fry saying he was going to leave the undergrowth on the strain that finishes sooner in his res so that those plants will stay alive and he won't have to worry about the roots. As an added benefit those buds might even get him a little extra bud due to the extra time. Sounds like a good idea to me. I know generally your not supposed to do it because they grow at different rates and sometime will want different amounts of nutes but I do like the ability to grow a variety and the ease of one res.

Man, good read, you've got a good memory, you sure you smoke pot?

But you're right. I won't do multi strain grows any more, well, maybe one more, lol. But after reading someone who suggested chopping the top buds and letting the undergrowth continue on gave me the idea. I can't totally do in the plants that harvest first so what the heck, those little guys may turn out to be something after all!

Okay, after going on about how my water res hasn't fluctuated pH much at all, it shot up to 6.9 over the past 24 hours. Trying to not over compensate, I lowered it just a little, and I'll check it before I go to work tomorrow.

I took the time to add a double layer of duct tape to my res to help insulate against light and algae, so it'll look mummified in pics now.

The older plants now have a faint scent of green. It's delicious.

1/11: Day 20, Day 15 out of rockwool for SLH and WC, Day 9 for BK

pH 6.7, Water temp 69.1F
Air temp 77.3F, RH 30%
PPM 465, EC .65

PPG-Day20-3.JPG

Bubba Kush baby

PPG-Day20-5.JPG

Bubba Kush Baby's lone root getting all hairy. A down side to these nutes is it looks like poo water. With the bat guano, I guess it is. :D

Last night as I was staring at the plants, (everyone does that, right?) I realized the older girls were at a point where they could be fimmed/topped. I decided this was better addressed when it wasn't 1 o'clock in the morning and tackled my first fimming tonight. I kept a photo in view marked with cut lines to help me choose the right latitude for the cut since I was a fimming virgin.

PPG-Day20-1.JPG

White Castle before fimming

PPG-Day20-fim3.JPG

White Castle after fimming, side view

PPG-Day20-fim5.JPG

White Castle after fimming, top view. The discolored blob on one of the upper leaves was the camera, not the actual leaf.

PPG-Day20-2.JPG

Super Lemon Haze before fimming

PPG-Day20-fim4.JPG

Super Lemon Haze after fimming, side view

PPG-Day20-fim6.JPG

Super Lemon Haze after fimming, top view

PPG-Day20-fim1.JPG

Snipped parts from my babies

Hopefully I did the fimming correctly and I'll get multiple branches from my cut.

You could try to pull that feeder tube with the root in it, and pull the root out then stick ti back. . It doesn't really hurt anything tho. I have seen roots grow all the way to the hub in a feeder tube.

That's what I ended up doing. The longest one touched the surface of the water once it was freed, but the others were still pretty stubby. It's good to know it wouldn't have hurt if I'd left it.

Hey Powerpuff, have you ever thought about fimming without cutting the baby fan leaves? It may not make a difference but I only remove the very top of the growth tip, leaving the baby fan leaves to grow.

How much percentage-wise would you say you cut? The guide I was looking at said 80%, but it was hard to get the outmost leaves of the baby growth that far down. I left one baby leaf untouched on the SLH in the end.

looking good ppg. dont you love how foxfarm makes the water look like s**t. oh well it works tho. Also 30% rh. is kinda low. id get a humidifier. i got the one for $40 al walmart and if your growing in a closet i was able to get the rh up to 80% . just a suggestion. everything is looking good keep up the good work.

looking good ppg. dont you love how foxfarm makes the water look like s**t. oh well it works tho. Also 30% rh. is kinda low. id get a humidifier. i got the one for $40 al walmart and if your growing in a closet i was able to get the rh up to 80% . just a suggestion. everything is looking good keep up the good work.

Just make sure it's a cool mist humidifier, I've seen a couple people here make that mistake.

thanks for the detailed materials list. i'm looking at something very similar for my first grow and i've decided to go diy as well. i may just go right off of your list. do you mind if i ask what you paid for your pumps. that's by far the biggest expense i presume, other than the lights and seeds. great journal, very detailed and helpful! i'll be watchin' if you don't mind...

Back
Top Bottom