PPM problem - Please help

BrokrnEyes

ncountered a problem. After shaking the bottle vigorously and then extracting 7 mL of nutrients with a hydroponic nutrient syringe, injecting it into pH water, I am only getting a reading of 185-200 when I have typically been getting a reading somewhere in the 700s.

At first I thought it was the water sample that I drew up and so I went and got another one but got the same results. I have them test of the probe first by using distilled water which gave me a PPM reading of zero ( as expected ) and then tested on the old nutrients that are currently in the hydroponic system which gave me an expected result of around 900.

Checking the syringe, the intake nozzle is clear of any abrasions and up until now, I have never encountered this problem. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thinking it was a fluke I dumped out the water and try to again and the same thing occurred. I then added and the show 14 mL of nutrients to the water out of frustration and the PPM Only rose 100 points! I was about to say to hell with it and throw the nutrients and when I decide to check the pH, I'm glad I did because the ph fell from 5.9 to 4.6! I am completely lost, does anyone have any suggestions. As to why this is happening.

I did, 140 ppm.

So I figured out the problem... * points down at signature *... Difnt see the x10 symbol flashing so I was putting in 4 digits Worth of nutrients into the water… live and learn I guess, lol.

Back
Top Bottom