Pray every day

Oliann

My plants do the praying for me...

20220114_055911.jpg

If the leaves were enjoying the light, wouldn’t they lay flat for max absorption? I know most everywhere you look on the internet “praying leaves are good” but why are they positioning themselves to expose just the edges of the leave. I’ve noticed outdoors leaves lay flat when it’s 70-75 but on the 105 scorchers you get plenty of praying. The cooler leaves lower on the tree don’t seem to pray—

If the leaves were enjoying the light, wouldn’t they lay flat for max absorption? I know most everywhere you look on the internet “praying leaves are good” but why are they positioning themselves to expose just the edges of the leave. I’ve noticed outdoors leaves lay flat when it’s 70-75 but on the 105 scorchers you get plenty of praying. The cooler leaves lower on the tree don’t seem to pray—
Let's see yours?

Stay safe
Bill

Let's see yours?

Stay safe
Bill
Here’s an example of what I’m talking about. ( these plants may be a little thirsty as per the bending petioles ) It’s august 1st at 915am. Probably under 80f. About 3pm in the heat of the day I get the praying, sorry no pics of praying.
I’m not sure one way or the other—just an observation. Theres lots of —IMO— false info out there and think things like this are worth discussing.
I used to believe in yanking the plants, roots and all, and submerging the roots in boiling water to SHOCK all the resin to the buds. I used to believe chopping your plants early or late somehow changed the high. I used to believe in flushing.
A495442A-A497-4830-B3E4-C9C0E14237CE.jpeg

Below is the same garden on September 7th
CBD78B04-3458-4830-A949-9A86687555AF.jpeg

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about. ( these plants may be a little thirsty as per the bending petioles ) It’s august 1st at 915am. Probably under 80f. About 3pm in the heat of the day I get the praying, sorry no pics of praying.
I’m not sure one way or the other—just an observation. Theres lots of —IMO— false info out there and think things like this are worth discussing.
I used to believe in yanking the plants, roots and all, and submerging the roots in boiling water to SHOCK all the resin to the buds. I used to believe chopping your plants early or late somehow changed the high. I used to believe in flushing.
A495442A-A497-4830-B3E4-C9C0E14237CE.jpeg

Below is the same garden on September 7th
CBD78B04-3458-4830-A949-9A86687555AF.jpeg
Beautiful garden my friend. :green_heart:

Stay safe
Bill

Jher in August.
Then pre stripped ready for harvest.

Screenshot_20220208-160335_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220208-160323_Chrome.jpg

Listen if you can't tell the pictures of praying leaves show exceptionally healthy plants than I'm not going to argue.

Maybe because outside you've got the sun raining down nearly 2000umol/sec while the tents got under a 1000 at best.

Maybe the turgur pressure from healthy photosythesis and nutrient transfer keeps the leaves erect.

Praying leaves have always shown the plant progressing in stages and its requirement for a stronger PAR from the light. It's reaching for what it wants. Overheated plants drops. In fact most shock will do the opposite of "praying".

All I know is my praying leaves are in direct correlation with a very healthy plant.

Listen if you can't tell the pictures of praying leaves show exceptionally healthy plants than I'm not going to argue.

Maybe because outside you've got the sun raining down nearly 2000umol/sec while the tents got under a 1000 at best.

Maybe the turgur pressure from healthy photosythesis and nutrient transfer keeps the leaves erect.

Praying leaves have always shown the plant progressing in stages and its requirement for a stronger PAR from the light. It's reaching for what it wants. Overheated plants drops. In fact most shock will do the opposite of "praying".

All I know is my praying leaves are in direct correlation with a very healthy plant.
Seems like you're putting up a good argument.

"Shade avoidance-related leaf positioning has been reported in Impatiens (Whitelam & Johnson 1982), tobacco (Hudson & Smith 1998; Pierik et al. 2004a) and Arabidopsis (Vandenbussche et al. 2003; Millenaar et al. 2005), with leaf inclination varying with the ratio of red light to far-red light. In Arabidopsis, mutants deficient in phytochrome are hyponastic (Ballaré & Scopel 1997; Vandenbussche et al. 2003). In addition to this regulation by light quality, leaf inclination is also dependent upon light intensity, with leaves in Arabidopsis becoming more horizontal with increasing light intensity (Hangarter 1997; Millenaar et al. 2005; Fig. 1). While this intensity-dependent response of rosette species is consistent with a role in shade avoidance, it differs from the response of many non-rosette species, in which leaves generally become more vertical with increasing light intensity as a protective mechanism against photodamage from excess light interception (King 1997; Valladares & Pugnaire 1999; Falster & Westoby 2003). "
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-3040.2005.01484.x

"Shade avoidance-related leaf positioning has been reported in Impatiens (Whitelam & Johnson 1982), tobacco (Hudson & Smith 1998; Pierik et al. 2004a) and Arabidopsis (Vandenbussche et al. 2003; Millenaar et al. 2005), with leaf inclination varying with the ratio of red light to far-red light. In Arabidopsis, mutants deficient in phytochrome are hyponastic (Ballaré & Scopel 1997; Vandenbussche et al. 2003). In addition to this regulation by light quality, leaf inclination is also dependent upon light intensity, with leaves in Arabidopsis becoming more horizontal with increasing light intensity (Hangarter 1997; Millenaar et al. 2005; Fig. 1). While this intensity-dependent response of rosette species is consistent with a role in shade avoidance, it differs from the response of many non-rosette species, in which leaves generally become more vertical with increasing light intensity as a protective mechanism against photodamage from excess light interception (King 1997; Valladares & Pugnaire 1999; Falster & Westoby 2003). "
You're confusing excessive light and heat stress with praying leaves. There's no taco or curl in my picture.

Here

Neat reference points on the "praying".... I did some reading to... Seems to be split discussion biased on the "they are healthy that's why they pray"... But others say :

"It is strain dependent but it is usually from too much or not enough light intensity. Can be for heat dissipation. And real stressy pointing up leaves is a well known sign of early mag deficiency". QUOTED

"It’s common for growers to think their plant is suffering from a deficiency when the issue is actually light stress. In that case, the praying leaves are a sign to help you narrow down the cause to your light levels." QUOTED

I am not trying to ruffle feathers just showing that a Google searched will tell everyone here they are wrong and right lol ...so I say pray on ladies if they are happy let them be happy.

But either way happy plants good job.

Neat reference points on the "praying".... I did some reading to... Seems to be split discussion biased on the "they are healthy that's why they pray"... But others say :

"It is strain dependent but it is usually from too much or not enough light intensity. Can be for heat dissipation. And real stressy pointing up leaves is a well known sign of early mag deficiency". QUOTED

"It’s common for growers to think their plant is suffering from a deficiency when the issue is actually light stress. In that case, the praying leaves are a sign to help you narrow down the cause to your light levels." QUOTED

I am not trying to ruffle feathers just showing that a Google searched will tell everyone here they are wrong and right lol ...so I say pray on ladies if they are happy let them be happy.

But either way happy plants good job.
Glad you find the topic worthy of discussion.

Glad you find the topic worthy of discussion.
I believe multiple points of view are needed... And all views must be accepted as one way of thinking may work for some and the same may not for others.

Edit: plus no one is wrong with this discussion....basically personal experience will triumph over Googles onslaught of random info lol

To me, erect, praying leaves tells me the balance between light/nutes/water is spot on
A dose of PK/H2O2 gives them a hard on too
BTW good civilized discussion, always good to listen to opinions from fellow cultivators :thumb:
I agree. :love:

Screenshot_20220308-113302_Gallery.jpg

Stay safe everyone
Bill

@Bill284 ,
Not to change the subject, just an observation. Did you remove any fan leaves from those colas? Beautiful plants.
No I don't defol at all.
I clean under her skirt after stretch then let everyone go.
I ran 50 in veg with 2 flower rooms all clones.
Harvest every 4 weeks.
In my purple pics thread, perpetual harvest. :thumb:
What's your thoughts on defoliation?

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom