Pro Mix Potting Mix Nutrition

weedcomedy420

420 Member
Hey,

So I went and got some pro mix potting mix but did not get too much since I see a lot of people saying you sohuld be getting the BX version (was not any when I went)

First question:
How much nutrients do I need to feed my plant using pro mix potting mix compared to normal since it says it feeds for "9 months".

Second question:
Does it really matter much that I am using Potting Mix instead of BX?

Appreciate all responses

Hey Weedcomedy,

Welcome to 420!! Not familiar with their potting mix but the hp pro-mix with mycos is very popular around here and BX is used but not as widespread as the other version. Its hard to say how long those nutes will last since the nute requirements for weed are changing depending on plant stage. To start with we need high N and lower PK for veg but in flower we need lower N and higher PK but we also need calcium & magnesium all the way thru.

You will very likely get signs of excess nitrogen in that particular soil. I used it once when I didn't have anything else. Your plants will grow, but if you have limited space I would use something else. You're going to need an extended veg to grow through the N tox.
I usually use pro mix organic moisture control blend. It's lighter on the nutes, but can still go for a while, 3 weeks or so, without feedings. I have also used the organic vegetable & herb blend. It works really well for hot peppers, but if you're in a rainy area you can get issues with it retaining too much water.

Edited for spelling, lol.

I use the ProMix potting mix for most of my autos and it’s fine. I buy it by the bale, and mix in about 20% perlite.
If you use Megacrop, stay below 5.5g/G in the late stages.
No problems with nitrogen toxicity so far, but I do get big plants.

Back
Top Bottom