Pull the tallest?

oldhippie64

Every time I've grown I've used bagseed outdoors. Always my biggest tallest vegging plants turned out male. Now I'm growing indoors I have 5 plants 4 weeks old. 1 is very much bigger taller then rest, another is a little taller then the other 3 which are the same size. I plan on doing some LST and don't want to waste time/space on the males. I'm thinking it may be wise to pull the biggest tallest one maybe both. Any suggestions?

It's been my experience that most of the time the tallest of the bunch turn out to be male.
It's not always the case. This time I started 3 and the two tallest were female.
You never know for sure until you see his balls.

Yep .... wait for the balls. No sense killing a tall girl.

hmmm that is a idea Ice, but wouldn't I need to get the cutting to grow roots before it would flower? not sure how long that would take.

It could take 1 week or 2 for the cutting to root depending on if youre gonna use cloning gel or not, gel speeds up the process though. But that sounds like a plan since Sariva's are bigger

It could take 1 week or 2 for the cutting to root depending on if youre gonna use cloning gel or not, gel speeds up the process though. But that sounds like a plan since Sariva's are bigger

Just curious how does gel speed up cutting rooting? Thats not true.......

I provide on average 300-500 cuttings per month to people and i have tried just about every way possible trust me. I get roots appearing in 3-5 days and huge roots within 10-14 days, the cutting is basically a plant at this point, Check out my journals for evidence. I use water nothing else. Depending on how u plan to root cutting there are many schools of thought but schools of thought and having done it are 2 diff things. If anything gel hinders root production in aerocloners, blocks sprayers and makes res slimey. And ive used all the diff named brands.

U can place ur cutting straight 12/12 while it rooting and u could sex in a week or less if conditions are right.

Cultivator, I've read males are taller too for that reason but it doesn't mean it's true that's why I posted my question. I like the idea of the cuttings, it shouldn't take as long as i thought it would. I would think this would be the same as taking clones which I need to do my home work on. off to do some research thanks

Yall both are describing cloning and rooting 2 different ways. One with gel will be in rooter plugs in a propagation tray with dome and the other will be in a EZ cloner or res as Cultivator explained. Both will get you roots in 5 days and bigger roots showing on the outside of the rooter plugs in 10 if the conditions are right. High humidity and temps will get you these results. There are gels that will get you roots faster then others. I did a clonex and rooting powder and the clonex rooted in 5 days showing outside the rooters.
IMG_0324_1_.JPG

I dont use a EZ cloner or res. But ppl who have will also get them in the same time frame, which you will not need rooting hormones

But back to the subject at hand, this will help you identify your male or female. The height or growth rate will not be enough to identify your plant.
Marijuana-sexing-female-male-11.gif

MALE
IMG_0329_1_.JPG

FEMALE
IMG_0322_1_1.JPG

honestly whizz next time u take cuttings root half with gel and half with h2o, i bet u dont see a difference. i clone primarily in aerocloners as thats mainly what my clients want, but i still regularly use rockwool or root plugs and i only use water on them all. just be sure to get stem immediately in water from the cut to seal it. another tip is to starve mother before taking cuttings.

i use plain water with absolutely nothing. Once roots are around 4 inches i add superthrive just to help with transplant stress. No nutes no nothing. My cuttings take about 2 weeks but thats masses of roots. Temps in my res's stay around 68f as i only use cfl's for the most part. I do have a couple 105site cloners under a 600w hps and temps get to around 75f. However this isnt a problem as the the roots will sprout faster with warmer water but i dont leave them in long enough to get rot or brown roots. If i ever get brown roots i add double dose cannazyme and guardian and that allows u to grow in higher temps without probs.

Back
Top Bottom