Purple Pics

Yeah, you need to get that rh down for now. What's a cord going for these daze?
A cord of hard wood?
Delivered is about $150
Stacey's son is getting it for us down south.
$375 for a bush cord.
He is bringing up a couple for us.
I'll be crippled in no time again.
Last winter killed me hauling wood.
But when I said wood was expensive I mentioned for framing.
There is about $4000.00 in material so far. :oops:
I still need a couple grand to finish it.
Then rig it up.
Lights fans controls, that's where @VIVOSUN would be good.
There equipment is so forward thinking they will be the go to for growing in no time.
I would like to rig the whole place in their equipment.
But I have some bran new lights I haven't used yet so I'm not worried.
I should be out there working now. :rofl:
Do you have a suggestion for heat until I can afford the heat pump?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

We put a 302 in my 76 pinto, for grinns. :cheesygrinsmiley:
What year was your vega?

Stay safe
the vega was a 73-74 ? I cant remember exactly I do remember the fricking aluminum block though overheated the dang thing1 time and it warped the head I had plans of putting a 350 in her . wife 2 kids VS a v8 in my vega guess who won lol the vega wagon was a good looking car IMO the lines were nice but that was about the only good thing lol Now I remember what yr my 72 chevelle was though Favorite car I ever owned it road so nice till I add the air shocks and L50's in the rear then it rode like a log wagon But I didn't car it had Cragars lol. young dum and full of come on ya know what I mean lol

Fantastic ride Cap'n. :woohoo:
Wow bet you had a ball driving her.
How are you doing this morning?

Stay safe
You heard that line ( chick magnet) absolutely true. Same with a Harley, OOH give me a ride. Lmao 😂 I’m ok I had to break out my Down jacket this morning 🥶 I’m @ the hospital getting a CT on my lungs 🤞. Scary wish me luck. How are you? Getting that mold under control yet? TTYL CL🍀

You heard that line ( chick magnet) absolutely true. Same with a Harley, OOH give me a ride. Lmao 😂 I’m ok I had to break out my Down jacket this morning 🥶 I’m @ the hospital getting a CT on my lungs 🤞. Scary wish me luck. How are you? Getting that mold under control yet? TTYL CL🍀
Damn Cap hope everything comes out OK. Good luck.

the vega was a 73-74 ? I cant remember exactly I do remember the fricking aluminum block though overheated the dang thing1 time and it warped the head I had plans of putting a 350 in her . wife 2 kids VS a v8 in my vega guess who won lol the vega wagon was a good looking car IMO the lines were nice but that was about the only good thing lol Now I remember what yr my 72 chevelle was though Favorite car I ever owned it road so nice till I add the air shocks and L50's in the rear then it rode like a log wagon But I didn't car it had Cragars lol. young dum and full of come on ya know what I mean lol
so if the lower temps break up the Chlorophyll does that mean it will make the hay smell weaker or easy to cure rather than taking 4 months the Gelato I grew 2 grows ago is finally very good when I open a bud it makes my fingers sticky smells real good has vanilla taste and full of couch lock but that took 4 months and it smelled like a hay barn when I started to cure it

so if the lower temps break up the Chlorophyll does that mean it will make the hay smell weaker or easy to cure rather than taking 4 months the Gelato I grew 2 grows ago is finally very good when I open a bud it makes my fingers sticky smells real good has vanilla taste and full of couch lock but that took 4 months and it smelled like a hay barn when I started to cure it
I'd say no, the purple does not have any impact on the drying and cure. It's only esthetics.
My suspicion from your post, is that it's your drying that you need work on (if it took that long into the cure).
The best method, in my opinion, is the low and slow method using a fridge. I have an old fridge that I got off Craigslist for free. It's roughly 4c in the fridge. The cold temperature helps perseveres the terpenes during the drying process, it takes me on average 7-10 days to dry (depending how filled the fridge is with buds).
If you can't use a fridge, there's a link in my signature that helps break everything down.

The anthocyanins are already there in flower and you see them as chlorophyll fades.
Maybe the cold ramps up their production too. They're a flavonoid and can taste like grape.

It's cool that they're water soluble.
When I made bubble hash recently the water was dark.
There's some claimed health benefits too, although mostly unsubstantiated. Antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-cancer...
Anyway, maybe I should've drank it or kept it to test pH with lol.

Wikipedia - anthocyanin.

"Anthocyanins may be used as pH indicators because their color changes with pH; they are red or pink in acidic solutions (pH < 7), purple in neutral solutions (pH ≈ 7), greenish-yellow in alkaline solutions (pH > 7), and colorless in very alkaline solutions, where the pigment is completely reduced."

800px-Indicateur_chou_rouge.jpg

I'd say no, the purple does not have any impact on the drying and cure. It's only esthetics.
My suspicion from your post, is that it's your drying that you need work on (if it took that long into the cure).
The best method, in my opinion, is the low and slow method using a fridge. I have an old fridge that I got off Craigslist for free. It's roughly 4c in the fridge. The cold temperature helps perseveres the terpenes during the drying process, it takes me on average 7-10 days to dry (depending how filled the fridge is with buds).
If you can't use a fridge, there's a link in my signature that helps break everything down.
Thx @Rexer yes Im getting frustrated growing decent pot (not in a bragging way) at harvest it is sticky and stinky with crystals and after the dry it is really strong hay. I dont think it is the way I cure I either use grove bags or mason jars although I was levi9ng in the grove bag for 2 weeks when it should have been six Ill use your link and will most likely have a question or two if ya dont mind
Thx for the help my ear s are always open lol
Thx Savvage

How long in the Turkey bags?

Thx @Rexer yes Im getting frustrated growing decent pot (not in a bragging way) at harvest it is sticky and stinky with crystals and after the dry it is really strong hay. I dont think it is the way I cure I either use grove bags or mason jars although I was levi9ng in the grove bag for 2 weeks when it should have been six Ill use your link and will most likely have a question or two if ya dont mind
Thx for the help my ear s are always open lol
Thx Savvage
Tell us how you dry.
Not the cure, but come chop, how do you approach it?
What's the area that you dry? I'm assuming you're hang drying?
And lastly, but most importantly- the temp and RH?

How long in the Turkey bags?
It's Not about time, so much as about conditions. While longer is desired- it's achieved through being done in the right conditions.

Give this a read, it's what made things "click" for improving my drying and curing approach.

Post in thread 'How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop' How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop

The "hay" smell come jar time is normal. It should smell like dank bud by three weeks into the cure.

The anthocyanins are already there in flower and you see them as chlorophyll fades.
Maybe the cold ramps up their production too. They're a flavonoid and can taste like grape.

It's cool that they're water soluble.
When I made bubble hash recently the water was dark.
There's some claimed health benefits too, although mostly unsubstantiated. Antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-cancer...
Anyway, maybe I should've drank it or kept it to test pH with lol.

Wikipedia - anthocyanin.

"Anthocyanins may be used as pH indicators because their color changes with pH; they are red or pink in acidic solutions (pH < 7), purple in neutral solutions (pH ≈ 7), greenish-yellow in alkaline solutions (pH > 7), and colorless in very alkaline solutions, where the pigment is completely reduced."

800px-Indicateur_chou_rouge.jpg
That is awesome

Would that mean when your drying to keep it cooler than usual in a room or tent? My last harvest took about 9 days to fully dry and its still got a little hay smell too it

Hi rexer, erm about 2nhalf week I think
Then give it a couple more weeks, and the hay smell should be replaced. Just keep it in the proper RH range -all of which is detailed in the link I provided.

Tell us how you dry.
Not the cure, but come chop, how do you approach it?
What's the area that you dry? I'm assuming you're hang drying?
And lastly, but most importantly- the temp and RH?
time before last I use a hanging dryer with a light block RH 60% temp about 70F the last time I hung it in my tent 50% rh 70F each time took a week I dont trim till after the dry , the last time I trimmed it after a week it was still a little wetly so I let it sit out for 2 36-48 hrs then jarred it. on the last grow I got 2 diffrent kinds of buds from two identical plants Godzilla cookie one batch was small rock hard buds no problem with them it 2 weeks they smelled and smoke really nice but the other buds were dense long buds that still smell like hay now I dont know if it is genetics but both of those grows were from a herbies value pack seeds this time I made sure I spent the extra money to get quality genetics so I dont have that excuse this time and I have a portable AC and a vaporizer(humidifier) and if I cant do the entire grow at once I do have a fridge if I harvest them all Ill keep in the tent at 60-65 F

Hey Cap'n sorry I got busy yesterday working on the grow room.
Are you ok?

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom