Purple Stripes On Stem

Alecia

420 Member
Good morning y’all! We are developing dark purple stripes on our stems. We are looking healthy and happy otherwise. Should I be concerned about a nutrient deficiency? Thank you and blessings xoxo Alecia

F8BA2309-8BF5-4996-A2E4-CCDF43CAE0EA.jpeg

9D4A0762-6AB2-4665-9DEE-1F76D7F57536.jpeg

3D2FF8A9-8984-4DEE-8588-9B615F2D30C0.jpeg

07591F9A-199C-4D3F-9C5C-24C518FEF93C.jpeg

Are you under LED lights? Intense light will cause this.
Genetics in hybrid is usually the cause.
Really not an issue to worry about. Unless they are showing other signs of deficiencies.
They look healthy!

These are issues that can cause red stems......
  • Incorrect pH – The pH being too high or too low at the roots is the most common reason to see a nutrient deficiency)
  • Magnesium deficiency can cause purple stems. A good cannabis-friendly nutrient system has a significant amount of magnesium, but if you’re using very soft water, or RO water, you may need to add a Cal-Mag to your nutrient regimen.
  • Temperature – Heat or especially cold can trigger red stems in some places. Big temperature fluctuations can also do it even if the temperature is in a good range.
  • Humidity – Very high or low humidity can stress plants (especially young seedlings)
  • Other types of stress such as light burn, transplant shock, or overwatering can trigger red stems
  • Sometimes you’ll never know why and plants just grow out of it

Good morning y’all! We are developing dark purple stripes on our stems. We are looking healthy and happy otherwise. Should I be concerned about a nutrient deficiency? Thank you and blessings xoxo Alecia

F8BA2309-8BF5-4996-A2E4-CCDF43CAE0EA.jpeg

9D4A0762-6AB2-4665-9DEE-1F76D7F57536.jpeg

3D2FF8A9-8984-4DEE-8588-9B615F2D30C0.jpeg

07591F9A-199C-4D3F-9C5C-24C518FEF93C.jpeg
Hey @Alecia great girls, welcome to 420magazine :welcome:
I have purple stems on lots of my ladies. As long as they are looking healthy and growing good I would not worry imo.
Bill

Completely normal - looks perfect stay the course and welcome to :420:

I've grown plants the whole plant had RED stems top to btm. Right beside another plant that had green stems top to btm everything the same.

Its genetics.

Awesome thank you. I’ll have pruning questions next
You mentioned pruning.
Those girls have a long way to go before I'd prune anything.
If you actually ment training there are a lot of techniques available.
Have you looked at it at all.
Bill

Yes that is what I mean. This is my first grow so I was considering gently tying down branches in another week. I need serious direction on this.
Great plan, good way to get you feet wet training.
Personally I like to let my seeds grow a bit before I do anything.
Clones I beat up . But I'd let her grow a bit. Then tie the main stem to the rim of the pot. You will need some clips for that plastic pot though.
Also if it were me I'd order some 5 gallon bags and repot them . Cloth breaths let's air to roots. 3 gal minimum.
Couple ideas there . My 2 cents anyway.
Bob is a very knowledgeable gentleman. He might have some tips.
Also do you have anything for roots. R.E.G. kelp,b1. Something to help root growth?
Bill

I’m using fox farms line but have only been using the seedling dose every other feeding and other than that literally nothing. My growing med is 1 part organic hummus 1 part mushroom compost 1 part high quality top soil and 1 part manure compost. I have the planter bags I’d like to send you a pic of them I’m not sure if they are 5 gallon or not. They are currently in 3 gallon. I’ll send a pic of the bags in a few hours when I get home from work . It’s seems like they are doubling in size every few days

I’m using fox farms line but have only been using the seedling dose every other feeding and other than that literally nothing. My growing med is 1 part organic hummus 1 part mushroom compost 1 part high quality top soil and 1 part manure compost. I have the planter bags I’d like to send you a pic of them I’m not sure if they are 5 gallon or not. They are currently in 3 gallon. I’ll send a pic of the bags in a few hours when I get home from work . It’s seems like they are doubling in size every few days
How are your watering techniques? Are you watering her. 9r watering where you want roots to go?
@Emilya has a watering a potted plant tutorial in her signature.
I highly recommend you read it.
Sorry I didn't realize you were at work.
Bill

Thank you I think I have gotten the watering schedule down. It’s the fertilizing that has me some what concerned.I have read to push nutrients a little more in this strain.

Thank you I think I have gotten the watering schedule down. It’s the fertilizing that has me some what concerned.I have read to push nutrients a little more in this strain.
They are a little pale are you giving recommended dosages as per the schedule?

For training I recommend growing the strain out and see how it grows naturally.

You can do too much and when you get a challenge, and you will, you won't know how to fix or adjust.

Try growing naturally and see how it goes. You might be surprised.

The only training I do is super-cropping when my plants are at the lights. It doesn't always happen but usually more times than not. The plants that are not in the lamps I put 4 stakes in the pot a wire them all together to support the flowers down the stretch. I prolly stake all my flowers at some point in the grow.

Sometimes the plants will flop over from the weight of the flowers before they are ready to be harvested. It's a good problem to have.

Back
Top Bottom