phiGweed

Happy Holidays everyone!
My clone has gotten much bigger due to the help from many of you. The yellow spots that my plant were getting are no longer an issue. I don’t see any visible deficiencies other than a purple/reddish color that is taking over my stems. Not sure if this is genetics or nitrogen deficiency. I’ve read others have had their stems turn purple due to nitrogen. Is this my issue? If so, what can I do to help? I just started feeding general hydroponics flora series 2 waterings ago. (Started low)

Here are a few pictures of how she looks
2D74114A-D500-455B-A746-D0E422FBD645.png
13C39E59-A1FD-47CB-83D6-D7840D33164A.png
B9F3D021-F3CE-4E9F-84EB-CF03D1A2E722.jpeg

Thank you in advance!!

50F6E69E-5C9A-41EC-B5D3-30378228BDD8.jpeg

Not nitrogen deficiency IMO. Maybe could use more light. I see some of that dull waxy look and white specks that I used to get when I grew with mega crop. Unless it’s just the lighting?

Now that I quit mega crop I don’t have that issue anymore. I thought it was mild calcium deficiency but I’m not sure. Sometimes can be from simple underfeeding though yours looks more underlit than underfed.

Not nitrogen deficiency IMO. Maybe could use more light. I see some of that dull waxy look and white specks that I used to get when I grew with mega crop. Unless it’s just the lighting?

Now that I quit mega crop I don’t have that issue anymore. I thought it was mild calcium deficiency but I’m not sure. Sometimes can be from simple underfeeding though yours looks more underlit than underfed.
I have a spider farmer sf4000 in a 4x4. I’ve had the light at 40% so far and just turned it up to 50%. I wasn’t sure on how much light it could take In the beginning so I started low. Is 50% too low as well?

Happy Holidays everyone!
My clone has gotten much bigger due to the help from many of you. The yellow spots that my plant were getting are no longer an issue. I don’t see any visible deficiencies other than a purple/reddish color that is taking over my stems. Not sure if this is genetics or nitrogen deficiency. I’ve read others have had their stems turn purple due to nitrogen. Is this my issue? If so, what can I do to help? I just started feeding general hydroponics flora series 2 waterings ago. (Started low)

Here are a few pictures of how she looks
2D74114A-D500-455B-A746-D0E422FBD645.png
13C39E59-A1FD-47CB-83D6-D7840D33164A.png
B9F3D021-F3CE-4E9F-84EB-CF03D1A2E722.jpeg

Thank you in advance!!

50F6E69E-5C9A-41EC-B5D3-30378228BDD8.jpeg
Purple or reddish stems can be genetic or from cooler temps at night. On occasion stress or pests can be the issue but you would have more problems than just redness. If she looks healthy otherwise than don’t fret.
As Weaselcracker said you might need more light what are you using?

The net tells me that light uses 450 watts. So yeah probably at 225 watts it’s a bit low. Kind of a guess though. I’d try turning it up to see.
Purple or reddish stems can be genetic or from cooler temps at night. On occasion stress or pests can be the issue but you would have more problems than just redness. If she looks healthy otherwise than don’t fret.
I found that a light meter is the best way to keep pushing the food into my girls. It’s hard to tell by eye how intense the light they are getting is. Amazon sells them fairly cheep. Great investment.

Spider Farmer SF4000 at 40%. I just recently turned it up to 50%. Should I go up to 60% ? I’m assuming my light is too dim. I also have young plants in the early stages of veg. Will they be able to handle it as well?

I found that a light meter is the best way to keep pushing the food into my girls. It’s hard to tell by eye how intense the light they are getting is. Amazon sells them fairly cheep. Great investment.
Will definitely look into that! Thank you!

Will definitely look into that! Thank you!
I use mine constantly. Plants grow move expand and need light for food constantly during lifecycle. Perfecting your light will go a long way to help maximize your pull each time. Happy growing brother.

I have a 600 watt metal halide in a veg space less than 4x4. If I really want things to grow I keep it at 600. If I want them to grow slower I dim it to 400. The smaller younger plants are naturally a bit farther away from the light, and that works out perfectly.

That LED is a bit more efficient than HID. But not that much more. I expect in your space you could crank it up to max if you wanted real growth. Or maybe you want to go 75% and see how that is. Just watch your plant distance. Not sure about your LED but probably about 24” for tall plants and 36” or more for the babies would be my guess.

I have a 600 watt metal halide in a veg space less than 4x4. If I really want things to grow I keep it at 600. If I want them to grow slower I dim it to 400. The smaller younger plants are naturally a bit farther away from the light, and that works out perfectly.

That LED is a bit more efficient than HID. But not that much more. I expect in your space you could crank it up to max if you wanted real growth. Or maybe you want to go 75% and see how that is. Just watch your plant distance. Not sure about your LED but probably about 24” for tall plants and 36” or more for the babies would be my guess.
Thank you for this! When I cranked it to 50% the leaves started standing up on majority of my plants so I will assume they are enjoying the more light!

Hey! I was wondering since I posted asking about a deficiency already, if I could get advice on another 2 plants of mine.
8E5044FF-E05F-4F1A-ACE8-226B037F3760.jpeg

1A688FF0-9F89-452A-8B56-9BE1D2666634.jpeg

I’ve been trying to compare this look to those in my weed bible and have my thoughts on phosphorus due to the “blotchy” look.. possibly even iron because I see dark marks but I also have no idea. What do you guys think?
Only 2 out of 5 look like this and have all been given the same treatment—-( FFOF) pH’d water at 6.5

Hey! I was wondering since I posted asking about a deficiency already, if I could get advice on another 2 plants of mine.
8E5044FF-E05F-4F1A-ACE8-226B037F3760.jpeg

1A688FF0-9F89-452A-8B56-9BE1D2666634.jpeg

I’ve been trying to compare this look to those in my weed bible and have my thoughts on phosphorus due to the “blotchy” look.. possibly even iron because I see dark marks but I also have no idea. What do you guys think?
Only 2 out of 5 look like this and have all been given the same treatment—-( FFOF) pH’d water at 6.5
Deficiency for sure. Matches a couple on that chart.
Anything at all you did different to those two ? Flush and see if it’s build up around roots.

Deficiency for sure. Matches a couple on that chart.
Anything at all you did different to those two ? Flush and see if it’s build up around roots.
I had issues with overwatering when they were seedlings due to no drainage. That’s the only thing that comes to mind but the others are fine and much bigger than these two.

Crap - they look pretty rough. Honestly I couldn’t venture to say beyond guessing. There are so many things it could be. The times I’ve had plants look anything like that were from bad ph problems. But that shouldn’t be an issue for you. If the rest are completely fine then either it’s just some issue related to genetics and needy bitch syndrome, or maybe some sort of newfangled pest. I don’t really have many pests here so even the common ones like thrips I don’t know much about.

Check for bugs. Maybe best to start a new thread with it. Problem is you’ll get a zillion different answers but maybe someone will have the right one.

Crap - they look pretty rough. Honestly I couldn’t venture to say beyond guessing. There are so many things it could be. The times I’ve had plants look anything like that were from bad ph problems. But that shouldn’t be an issue for you. If the rest are completely fine then either it’s just some issue related to genetics and needy bitch syndrome, or maybe some sort of newfangled pest. I don’t really have many pests here so even the common ones like thrips I don’t know much about.

Check for bugs. Maybe best to start a new thread with it. Problem is you’ll get a zillion different answers but maybe someone will have the right one.
Okay I don’t believe pests are an issue. I sprayed with neem oil a few weeks ago, Maybe 2 as a preventative. I definitely hope that’s not the issue

Probably not. But guaranteed if you posted a thread about it someone would come along and say that based on the white patches- and it’s always worth checking.

It’s a weird one- the way everything is so evenly discoloured makes me think it’s more of a genetic-related weakness. Like - ‘special needs’. If it’s really just two plants and they’re the same strain (?) I’d wait and see.

Really just talking out my ass though and hopefully someone else has a better guess.

Good luck.

Probably not. But guaranteed if you posted a thread about it someone would come along and say that based on the white patches- and it’s always worth checking.

It’s a weird one- the way everything is so evenly discoloured makes me think it’s more of a genetic-related weakness. Like - ‘special needs’. If it’s really just two plants and they’re the same strain (?) I’d wait and see.

Really just talking out my ass though and hopefully someone else has a better guess.

Good luck.
Chronic over watering can cause an assortment of issues.
You could have unseen root damage to those two.....

Good luck.
Thank you I appreciate all the advice!!

Back
Top Bottom