Purple Striped Stalk

Clutch-Power

I currently have a few different strains going in veg stage, some I have more then one of each strain. Well I have noticed that on some plants there is purple stripes going up the stalks kinda like a zebra pattern and goes to the shade leaves. The leaves are not purple just the stem and on the other same strain there is no purple stalk. Was just wondering if that is some kind of lack of nutrient or (hopefully) something normal?

:lot-o-toke: :thanks:

I have had experience with those also! I did some research and found out that it is how the strain is! there is no lack of anything! I had thought the same thing! I had great yield with mine! happy growning!:tokin:

High Clutch-Power!

I wouldn't be too awfully concerned about the purple stalks. Its fairly normal and quiet common. Unless you see dropping or softness of the stems your all right. If you notice the leafs are dropping and the stems are soft you may be encountering low temps in off the hours. Again this doesn't really hurt the plants too much but it can be a hindrance to their growth. How ever it sounds like all else is fine and dandy which means its just a pheno type of that strain.

I don't know if anybody reads these old threads anymore, but most of the plants I've grown that have purple stripes on the main stem seem to have colorful leaves come harvest time.
Hey @PotChimp Hope your having a good day.
That post is 2011 O.P. is long gone. :Namaste:
Stay safe.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom