First grow - Couple of plant problems

newgrower2015

Getting red/purple treaks up the stalks and red/purple stems with some withering leaves. Also seeing some white spots and spots that look like dust? Maybe water droplets that dried on the leaves from me watering? Trying to figure out the pic uploads

I added some photos to my members gallery. Thats all i could figure out to do. I have a sealed room, using cyco products. Hydro. Around 1200-1300ppm 6.0ph in res. Late stages of veg. Temp is about 80f running co2 burner for co2 enrichment. Humidity is usually 50%. Except when no light I think is goes up.

When you are typing in the reply right above in the icons where you can change the font or add a smiley...third from the right is a camera....click there and anything you have uploaded will be available to post.

werks fer mi

ph_and_nutes.jpg

Co2 should stop with lights they are not getting time to process the C02 I can't see picture but fuzzy white spots are bad on the 1 to 10 are9.9 and very hard to get rid of.

Co2 should stop with lights they are not getting time to process the C02 I can't see picture but fuzzy white spots are bad on the 1 to 10 are9.9 and very hard to get rid of.

Say what? Would you please "speak slower" and punctuate your sentences? I can't figure out what you're suggesting. ;-)

What he is saying is at night the chemistry changes and the plants use O2 not CO2. So if you leave the CO2 at night you hare stunting growth. CO2 is only for experts IMO.

The second he is just saying show me the pictures man...

I have no idea about the third sentence in the run on...

What he is saying is at night the chemistry changes and the plants use O2 not CO2. So if you leave the CO2 at night you hare stunting growth. CO2 is only for experts IMO.

The second he is just saying show me the pictures man...

I have no idea about the third sentence in the run on...

:yikes: I could have never figured that out....... TY

Hard to tell from your comments if you are being sarcastic but the third statement is pretty clear. If you have fuzzy spots on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being most difficult to deal with in this instance, he is saying you have a 9.9 rating issue to deal with.

No I wasn't trying to be funny. I thought he had run on 3 sentences but I think now it was just 2... and I still didn't understand the second one apparently. I think you are right about what he is trying to say.

No I wasn't trying to be funny. I thought he had run on 3 sentences but I think now it was just 2... and I still didn't understand the second one apparently. I think you are right about what he is trying to say.

Sorry I didn't mean you I meant I couldn't tell if this was sarcastic!

"I could have never figured that out......."

All those extra dots.......

Getting red/purple treaks up the stalks and red/purple stems with some withering leaves. Also seeing some white spots and spots that look like dust? Maybe water droplets that dried on the leaves from me watering? Trying to figure out the pic uploads
For the white spot issue if you have a pocket microscope I would suggest you take a closer look at it. If it appears to look like tiny spider webs on the leaves very very small. You may have powdery mildew. If this is what you have, you do not want to waste time, the sooner you address the issue the easier it is to deal with it.

Sorry I didn't mean you I meant I couldn't tell if this was sarcastic!

"I could have never figured that out......."

All those extra dots.......

Naw, everybody, He was referring to me. I really did not understand the post and was amazed at the translation. I don't speak stoner very well, just a few words and phrases. I'm only been growing MJ for 8 months, and every word counts in my learning curve. I apologize if I was offensive. :Namaste:

I am the run on sentence king, villageidoit is worth taking the time to figure out what he is saying most of the time and if there was no spell correct you would be unable to read my code. heheheh

Sorry but I played football and English is not my first subject I crashed 4 choppers in the Nam and have a bit of a problem keeping the hand to eye and idea working well. I am 67 one stroke and 2 heart attacks. Doesn't change the fact that fluffy white mildew is very bad. You cannot hurt my feelings I am a retired MSG Army ranger rode hard and put up wet to many times. If you continue here for a few years and you will read stoner better. Politics done.

Someone here told me long time back to get cell phone with good camera and one of those clamp on Microscope. Its all you will need to tell what is happening. I have never had the white mildew yet, but with the clamp on scope you can see the tricomes and looking at the the leaf close up will help you to see better what is going on. In my case I was treating what I though was a nutrient problem and it was bug I couldn't see. Less than 15 bucks if you have good camera phone already. Not trimming the plant but on the bottom of the plant take a water leaf off the bottom and look at it close up ever week or so till you can see it without the scope the faster you learn to read the leaves. the better for your plants. There are several post on C02 and when and how much at which time. I do it different I make moonshine and the mash makes a lot of C02 which goes in my bloom room after carbon air filter or it would add taste to my plants. Careful with the C02 to much and to high a ppm lvl and your plants will suffer and not taste worth a damn but ya still get the stone just taste like an old musty sock. I will not tell you how to stop it because I have never had in my grow area but a friend had it and it took over and he ended chopping cleaning with bleach twice and starting over. While your working with your lights LED need 35 to 45 watts per/sq/ft, Hid is 50 watts cfl's I don't know. Mostly a good rule of thumb a veg plant uses a little over 2 sq/ft. If you go to utube DrewGrow is very good at cfls.

My digital camera helps me see what my 68 year old eyes cannot make out with the loupe. For example, I cannot see the difference between cloudy and clear trics, but the camera sure can. I take a pic, which comes out in hi def, and problem solved! I'm learning, after 4 perpetual harvests, what to look for in level of maturity, before I harvest the next Lady. It just seems easier to switch over one a month, so I can keep track of what each lady is going, and not get ambushed by a lot of mites or other problems all at once.

So your CO2 comes from yeast, right? If so, I can see why it took over. Too bad it screws up the taste of the buds.

I should view DrewGrow's video, as I use CFL's exclusively for heat and electric cost control. My plants are at least 24" x 30" x 30" tall by the time they go to flower, so I'd be interested in his lighting methods.

ok will keep my experience to my self I said that fluff whit power mold is very bad not all mold are there are over 10k kinds of mold.
I guess you did see the part about thru a carbon filter. and there is no yeast in good shine.

I thought a lot about using brewers yeast to enhance CO2. Then I studied up on what it takes to do it correctly. I didn't feel I could control it right that way. I am in Oregon...practically everyone here brews sumtin...:thumb:

Just a couple of points on that. CO2 has been proven to need to be at very high concentration for it to matter. Very high! So the only way to do that is to seal the room. Then you need serious AC or a very large room with a second one called on the side where you recirc the Air and cool it.

You need good ventilation on an automated vent and baffling system because at night you want to dump it all and have normal Air so the O2 is back for sleepy time.

None of this is cheap to setup, it is not cheap to operate. And the result are typically like 30% more (which is a lot) but it is so much easier to just grow 1 more plant than to do all this for us home growers. If you are growing 3 plants and add a 4th that works right? If you are growing 50 plants and add 30% to all of them you are really doing great to optimize the space.

If you have a huge space and are doing this for selling it purposes then you can setup a big enough operation for it to make sense but you really need the right setup and space and knowledge. I mean if you can't bring a consistent product to harvest to begin with what the heck is this going to do for you?

So I recommend that only big time pros do it and the rest of us just grow one more plant.

I will add however that, like many things people think they have just figured out that none of us have ever tried, ...This is commonly something people add too early in their experience level. They are still learning and the yield on the crop is better than the last one anyway. They attribute it to the CO2 which may have marginally helped. So they go on and on about the benefits of it not realizing it wasn't the CO2 it was something else like the improved air circulation you added that helped ..but you never got the concentration up there to make a difference.

So that is why I say don't even attempt it until you have consistent product and know what good is and don't mistake good for great.

:goodluck:

AND THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE HERMIT!!!!!!
:adore:
My uncle crashed 4 choppers in Nam and I am the only one he ever talked with about it...1 behind enemy lines. That is some serious shit man. Peace to you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom