Quantum Boards Question Help Needed

halpasumnor

I ordered 2 of the 2xQB288 scratch and dent kits and ordered the drivers from Mouser. I ordered the wrong driver. What I got was a HLG-240H-C1400B. I will order the right driver for these kits. The question is can I utilize one of these drivers I ordered by mistake for example to power 4 QB132 boards in my 4x4 veg tent? I also dont see heat sinks for these boards either. Let me know if these can be of any use to me. Thanks!

Not too concerned if I am maxed out in the veg tent if it will still work. I just have some cheap LED's in there now.
You would max at about 60% ruffly with that driver

It's the ma, I found that out

I have a 240h-1750a that won't let me get but like 75% or so

I learned the hard way.

You need a 320-2100 to max them out, but they are optimal at about 80-90%

Yeah, for two 288's you want a HLG240H-C2100

Check out HLG's website they have a list of drivers for many type of builds, when you look at the description for the board.

Generally speaking it's a good idea to get drivers that can't overpower your board(s), but at least run them at 75%.

not to hijack your thread, but PGR suggested hanging a 288 in each corner of a 5X5 tent to utilize an existing fixture I have. trying to imagine wiring something like that gives me nightmares.... I'd love some suggestions or ideas for driver hookup and location would very much be appreciated.

Yeah I ordered the right drivers for the QB288's. Trying to see if they have a board combination I can utilize in my 4x4 veg tent that would go with the incorrect drivers (HLG-240H-C1400B) that I bought by mistake so that I didn't have to return them.

OK, now I'm confused :volcano-smiley:

What did you order, and what are you missing?

I think you need 5 or more QB132 to split the voltage right, but the current is a bit low, so my guesstimate is that they would max at around 70%

where do I get heat sinks for them???

HLG :)

not to hijack your thread, but PGR suggested hanging a 288 in each corner of a 5X5 tent to utilize an existing fixture I have. trying to imagine wiring something like that gives me nightmares.... I'd love some suggestions or ideas for driver hookup and location would very much be appreciated.

You can get a driver for each board, or a driver for two boards and connect the heatsinks with some aluminium L channel to hold driver and wiring, or keep driver(s) outside the tent and wire it nicely in the tent.

OK, now I'm confused :volcano-smiley:

What did you order, and what are you missing?

I think you need 5 or more QB132 to split the voltage right, but the current is a bit low, so my guesstimate is that they would max at around 70%

HLG :)

You can get a driver for each board, or a driver for two boards and connect the heatsinks with some aluminium L channel to hold driver and wiring, or keep driver(s) outside the tent and wire it nicely in the tent.

ok.... so, it's not possible to wire all 4 boards to 1 driver then?
Also, it looks like the heatsinks are sold out on HLG's site?

Yes, you can use a single driver for 4x QB288.

Usually kits and combos are the last to sell out and they have a 2x QB288 + 2x heatsink combo, look under led components.

Back
Top Bottom