Question about cloning autos

305high

I am cloning an auto. I know, I know, don't do this but I did it before I found out it was an auto. I have a bunch of seeds I have been saving, and now that Miami-Dade has DECRINALIZED MJ I am interested in becoming a legalized grower.
The mother plant is two weeks into flower and so were the clones until I topped them. I am going to keep removing the "flowers" to see what happens, maybe it will grow bushy and then I will let it flower. Has anyone ever tried this?

I haven't messed with cloning autos yet. I may try it on high CBD Med-GOM from Grass-O-Matic. I work mostly with high CBD cannabis and hemp.

The trick to coaxing most tree and bush plants into a prolonged juvenile vegetative state is using a bonsai trick of cow pruning a plant every time you water it. I know cow pruning is likely a new term here, but it's what happens when cows, deer and other animals constantly nom on tree sapplings. The sapplings never quite mature and grow mostly tiny juvenile leaves over time. With cannabis, this cow pruning keeps stimulating parenchyma (undifferentiated cells) production and juvenile growth. The abundance of parenchyma material and plant hormones from this continued pruning keeps photo period clones young and vigorous.

Additionally, keeping the light source moderate (not too bright or too dark) but continuous and protecting the bonsai clones from too much ethylene emission helps. This means not over watering the clones. Allow the soil to dry a little. Do not blast the plants with too much air flow. Lots of air flow over leaves when the soil is very wet helps plants to create ethylene which in turn improves uptake of water. The rustling leaves act as pneumatic pumps that release ethylene gas which in turn aid in fluid uptake. Unfortunately, abundance of ethylene also signals plant maturity and flowering. You want to trick the plant into thinking it's not the right time to reproduce by inducing parenchymal activity and reducing ethylene emissions.

bluebloodcascade.png
The mid-flowering photo period clone pictured above is actually 15 months. I kept her in a juvenile vegetative state at 6 inches tall, until I was ready to flower her out this summer. See how she has many juvenile 3 lobed leaves rather and a few large fan 5-7 lobe leaves. She is loaded with fat buds at day 30 of flowering.

Cannabelle,
She is beautiful! thanks for the advice. I'll try it. I guess keeping a diary at this point would be helpful. :smokin:

I may be misunderstanding the law that was passed, but the decriminalization allows law enforcement to opt to fine you if you are in possession of 20 grams or less, I imagine that growing weed will still land you in the same trouble you would be in before decriminalization. Might want to check into that.

You are correct, BUT in November we vote on it again. Last year we missed having it pass into law by 3% of the vote. Its guaranteed to pass this go-round. Each county has been changing their laws and decriminalizing cannabis. And then the state will follow. I can carry 20g on my person and will only receive a 100 dollar fine with no hits on my record. I plan to be a legal grower when the bill passes.
They've got to catch me first :-D

I tried cloning one and got it too root, and start growing, but it was slow and painful. I eventually pulled the hook or let it die while I dealt with the mother.. ;)

I didn't use my bubble/misting cloner on it. And I've thought I'd try again with that.

But, I'd be interested to see what you get....

I am cloning an auto. I know, I know, don't do this but I did it before I found out it was an auto. I have a bunch of seeds I have been saving, and now that Miami-Dade has DECRINALIZED MJ I am interested in becoming a legalized grower.
The mother plant is two weeks into flower and so were the clones until I topped them. I am going to keep removing the "flowers" to see what happens, maybe it will grow bushy and then I will let it flower. Has anyone ever tried this?
I know this is an old thread but does it work to blink an auto back into veg? I assume it don’t because autos don’t care about light length. I don’t grow autos for this reason. If it’s possible, I would all the auto harvest I’ve seen look great. Who don’t want it faster? I like clones, identical copy’s of the mother. Like vampires a single plant lives many generations, in some cases.

Hey Seaweed,

Because of the ruderalis genes autos are born with an impending toe tag of death hanging over them… it’s possible to clone them but then the 3 fold rule of the clone kicks in… a clone is always… the exact same genetics, exact same gender but most importantly the exact same age as the host plant it was cut from.

Ruderalis genetics are encoded in the auto flowers dna and will those traits will show up in any clone cuts that survive. When autos are cloned they typically generate just one bud sickle and finish flowering. Afaik.. when an auto is attempted to reveg the results will be dismal… harvest 1 crop and the plant is done for.

edit to add:

but I’d be happy to be corrected if I’m off base

let’s see what else comes in for you here

Thank you that confirms my suspicions. That was my hypothesis. I’m working on a continuous grow system hopefully harvesting every 6 weeks, faster than most autos. I guess multiple grow tents with, spaced intervals. But if my system had 2 tents it could be weekly harvest I bet. I’ll stick to photoperiods and an army of clones.

Back
Top Bottom