Question about harvesting

whitten88

420 Member
i jave a plant that has sox colas. is it ok to harvest each cola at once? reason i ask is because i snapped one off the other day. i am hanging it now. i only jave space to hang one cola at a time. so couldnt i just harvest once cola at a time or would it stress the plant too much?thanks

If it was me and the plant was ready I would cut all the fan leaves off ( not the sugar leaves ) a day before the chop, then chop the main stalk at the bottom and hang the plant whole this will give it a longer drying time, your hoping for a least 8 days of drying time or until the stems almost snap when bent, you also do not want to over dry. Not sure if this helps you at all but all the best. WOW only enough space for drying one cola at a time, they must be monsters.

If it was me and the plant was ready I would cut all the fan leaves off ( not the sugar leaves ) a day before the chop, then chop the main stalk at the bottom and hang the plant whole this will give it a longer drying time, your hoping for a least 8 days of drying time or until the stems almost snap when bent, you also do not want to over dry. Not sure if this helps you at all but all the best. WOW only enough space for drying one cola at a time, they must be monsters.

no its because i have a flower tent and a veg tent. when the plant i harvest in flower tent finish i dry in there. so only place i have thats dark to hang the colas i can only fit one in there at a time without jerryrigging a new hook for more colas. i kinda want to harvest diff colas at diff times too to get different effects off same plant. so i want to harvest one cola every 5-6 days. i dry in paper bag after initial hanging. i also dry trim not wet trim

I wouldn’t do it on purpose. You can cause enough stress to make it hermie. Also taking a branch will cause a plant to stop the bud production to heal itself. A cardboard wardrobe box works pretty good for drying.
the entire branch split. where this cola was attached i duct taped it. i can see the hole in the main stem if that makes any sense. i trimmed the cola tonught and broke it down into smaller buds and trimmed it. good thing i did, i have some very limeish green and these “moldy” stringy green leafs that i know is an indication of mold. this plant is a shitty auto i dont really care about so im not trying to fix it, dont even care if it hermies, im just going to continue feeding it plain water and keep the buds to ripen far to amber was my original plan. now due to the presence of the mold in the snapped cola im considering probably harvesting it sooner than later though. i think she is practically done anyways, i really dont remember when i exactly planted it to begin with

so after i broke down the colaand trimmed it i just paper bagged it ( double bag, 1 small inside a big bag ) to dry it quicker. the bud is sticky as hell but i couldnt let it risking hanging longer and it molding/rotting anymore than it has/had. the plant itself got way to bushy to begin with, which was my fault for not keeping up on trimming to begin with. also i split the plant in half all the way down to the third node at the beginning of flowering so this plant has already been in some serious abuse lmao

Back
Top Bottom