Need help with harvest window

Bowieksev

420 Member
Hey all, 1st time indoor growing and I've ran into a bit of a predicament, I have tried and tried to find the answer online through many hours of unfruitful searches, but cannot find the answer.

I'm growing in dwc and in week 9 of flower.
I'm running 600w hps in a grow tent and I have maxed out the available height I can hang the light. Now a couple of the main colas are running 6" from the light and keep pumping out pistils from light stress (although none of the fan leaves show light burn/stress) , while all the other flower sites pistols are browning, trichomes going milky and getting closer to harvest, these massive colas pistols/trichomes still aren't ripening like the rest.
Is it better to harvest the whole Lot when all the other flower sites are ready or harvest all the other flowers and leave these mains to mature a bit longer?

Hi Bowieksev. Welcome to 420.

Yep, it'll be hard to get a definitive answer on that as it's subjective to your personal desire of out come.
It's more a course of action choice.
Pictures always help.

Yes you can do a staged harvest, taking the more ripe and leaving the rest to mature longer. Many growers do that.
But that's not gonna help with what's going on at the tops.
Sounds like the tops are getting heat stressed...if you've run out of height look into super cropping those tall branches. That might give them the time and space to mature.
Some sativa genetics can keep going forever throwing out pistils in these conditions.

Again..throw up picture if you can.:thumb:

Screenshot_20220804-220241_Gallery.jpg

Those are three that mostly led to me asking the question, will supercropping this late in the flowering period be detrimental to the flower or do you think it would recover in time to mature fully ?

Those are three that mostly led to me asking the question, will supercropping this late in the flowering period be detrimental to the flower or do you think it would recover in time to mature fully ?
Depends how long they've got left. Super cropping slows development for a day or so..and as long as you don't snap the branch just bruise and bend it, should be ok.
It may be better than heat stressed foxtail bud.

not an expert just a gardener

You can do it but you also don’t want to stress her out in flower. I go easy and break a few arms but I’m prepared to immediately tie up the limbs because of bud weight. Then give her day or two of recovery time.…. Lather Rinse Repeat

You can supercrop a limb more than once - brings up old plumbers logic… 2 bends of 45 degrees are more efficient than 1 bend of 90 degrees. By doing 2 supercrops at 45 degrees you now have 2 occasions to lower each branch.

gorgeous plant, nice work! Welcome aboard

Might be my eyes and all that yellow color but they look like they are ready now or very, very close to harvest time. Some of those stacks of buds look like they have been 'foxtailing' for awhile.
They are definetly close, all the smaller sites lower to the ground are browning more and more pistols each day, these taller ones are all still predominantly white with some browning. Trichomes on the tall ones are still clear :(

Back
Top Bottom