Question about light spectrum

Cant lie i would of gone a diiferent route light wise.
But now you have them.
I would try and fit as many as my tent could take.
More watts bigger buds.
As long as i could manage the heat and did not need one for a veg tent.
And they fitted snug.
I once had a hps and a blurple light over 4 ladies.
Every two weeks i would swap places with them.
I guess i would put the better light in the middle and other two at the sides of it.
You could always grab a par/lux app and see what your working with.
Pretty sure some nice folks have done a few charts to get a nice ppfd map from free apps
I have much respect for your knowledge so let me ask you this. I cannot post the led company here even though 420magazine said they would be a sponsor by the end of August… that being said, the brand is Maxsi(that big light supplier in the sky). I personally love them but this is my issue. I have 2 of there pb1500s and a MF1000. Unfortunately the two pb’s don’t have 3000k but 3500k white and the pb also does not have the reflective hood like the mf or 730ir.
The pic above is my current light times two in a 2x4x5 tent. I have there mf series for veg simply because it’s to small for my tent(I think). I just don’t know where to incorporate it honestly. Sorry to ramble on but I have so much to learn and grow in this journey of mine but I love all of it! Even when someone is basically rude and tries to bully his CMH obsession….:rolleyes: So yea cmh is not my thing, leds are my interest and I have these three lights and I don’t know how to incorporate all three in my tent… or if I should at all and just use all three or something else and go with a 4x4 and a different light setup. This may be confusing to you and I’m sorry, just trying to create a long term discussion on budget growers that want to learn about lighting.

7172C882-1801-4CF4-ADDF-C86EFA7BB337.jpeg

Cant lie i would of gone a diiferent route light wise.
But now you have them.
I would try and fit as many as my tent could take.
More watts bigger buds.
As long as i could manage the heat and did not need one for a veg tent.
And they fitted snug.
I once had a hps and a blurple light over 4 ladies.
Every two weeks i would swap places with them.
I guess i would put the better light in the middle and other two at the sides of it.
You could always grab a par/lux app and see what your working with.
Pretty sure some nice folks have done a few charts to get a nice ppfd map from free apps
What lighting would you go with knowing that sooner then later I’ll have a 4x4?

sqaure space i would look at a cheap bar light like the FC-E4800.
As its cheaper than the FC4800.
Or the Vipar p4000/xs4000 but i feel they suit more a rectangle long tent in the 4x3 range
depending on budget.
could get away with a FCE/FC3000.
But the edges will be were it struggles.
I'm only recommending these light as i own most of them.
Something of the same spec cheaper or more expensive would be MY vote. ;)
If your in no rush my journal will have the FCE/FC models going head to head.
Cant see there being much difference if im honest but there is a big price gap.
:Namaste:

sqaure space i would look at a cheap bar light like the FC-E4800.
As its cheaper than the FC4800.
Or the Vipar p4000/xs4000 but i feel they suit more a rectangle long tent in the 4x3 range
depending on budget.
could get away with a FCE/FC3000.
But the edges will be were it struggles.
I'm only recommending these light as i own most of them.
Something of the same spec cheaper or more expensive would be MY vote. ;)
If your in no rush my journal will have the FCE/FC models going head to head.
Cant see there being much difference if im honest but there is a big price gap.
:Namaste:
I’m definitely in and I’m in no hurry what so ever. I’m somewhat of a “caretaker” at the moment so I’m trying to dial my grow in and REALLY love led lights so I think I’ll be looking into what you said. Thanks for the info my friend.

Ok I have boiled my MASSIVE Search Down to two lights essentially. The @ParfactWorks WF420 which I feel is seriously an amazing light for the price. I swear I look at it five times a day dreaming about it in my tent…weird I know so moving on. And the last which I cannot post the company without it getting deleted but it’s the only other bar style light in my budget for a 2x4x5ft tent. It’s GrowersChoice roi-e200. Looking at the ppfd of this fixture is only 580umol… so I would assume it’s a fixture for only veg right?? That ParfactWorks WF420 though…:cool::p Anyone have the WF420? Would love to hear some input on it.

looks like one hell of a light for the money.
I like the ZE series IF you can stretch your budget ;)
Pretty sure one user on here is growing with one right now.
I definitely took a hard look at the ZE series and I can’t see why someone would choose the ze over the wf420… unless I’m missing a major difference.

510 vs 420 wattage
UV and IR control third dimmer.
and true 4x4 coverage.
For an extra £60 odd uk.
That being said the WF420 is a beast of a light for the money. ;)

ZE510 :​

Technical Specifications​

Model NameZE510 EcoZE510
SpectrumFull Spectrum with UV, IRFull Spectrum with UV, IR
LED BrandSamsung LM281B, Osram ssl80Samsung LM301H, Osram ssl80
Diodes576pcs 5000k + 432pcs 3000K+48pcs 660nm +12pcs 730nm+12pcs 395nm576pcs 5000k + 432pcs 3000K+48pcs 660nm +12pcs 730nm+12pcs 395nm
Input Power510W510W
Input Voltage100-277V100-277V
Efficacy2.6umol/j2.9umol/j
CertificationETL, FCC, CE, ROHSETL, FCC, CE, ROHS
Fixture Dimensions(cm)84(L) x 84(W) X 11(H)84(L) x 84(W) X 11(H)
Thermal ManagementPassivePassive
DimmingManual & Rj11 controllerManual & Rj11 controller
Light Distribution120°120°
CoverageVeg 5' x 5', Bloom 4' x 4'Veg 5' x 5', Bloom 4' x 4'
Lifetime> 70,000hrs> 70,000hrs
IP RatingNot waterproof (waterproof IP65 as needed)Not waterproof (waterproof IP65 as needed)
Warranty5 Year Standard Warranty5 Year Standard Warranty
Package
include
1 x Ze510 Eco Grow Light Bar
1 x 6ft Power Cord
2 x Hangers with carabiners
2 x Adjustable Yoyo Hangers
1 x RJ11 Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Ze510 Grow Light Bar
1 x 6ft Power Cord
2 x Hangers with carabiners
2 x Adjustable Yoyo Hangers
1 x RJ11 Cable
1 x User Manual
s_Grow_Light_LED_Bar_700W_full_spectrum_with_uv_ir.jpg

Here is the WF420 specs:

I’m honestly not seeing how the wf420 is not the clear choice in this. :nomo:

510 vs 420 wattage
UV and IR control third dimmer.
and true 4x4 coverage.
For an extra £60 odd uk.
That being said the WF420 is a beast of a light for the money. ;)
We must have been researching at the same time :rofl: I’m new to Led and I have much more to learn on the science side of things but I’m trying to make these “arguments” for my own and I hope other new to growing folks, education. Atleast that is my backwoods logic…

I just tend to lean towards get the best you can.
Unless you get a freebee or it breaks your be using it in 5/6 years time.
The extra 90 watt would mean to me 100g odd extra each harvest.
But really do think the WF is GREAT value for money light not even vipar beat that price.
We must have been researching at the same time :rofl: I’m new to Led and I have much more to learn on the science side of things but I’m trying to make these “arguments” for my own and I hope other new to growing folks, education. Atleast that is my backwoods logic…

A 650w LED using any of the newer diodes out performs a 1000w HPS.

Watt for watt LED blows away HPS and has for about 5 years now so this is nothing new.
The fact you are blissfully unaware points to being delusional.

LED produces more yield, better potency.

This is 6 years ago and LED still beat the HPS DE.
The diodes today are better still.
And this is done by a commercial grower not a LED or HPS company.

LOL.
My lights will cost considerably LESS than CMH averaged 3 years and produce more bud.

But as I said you're delusional and there's no need to continue talking to a wall.

Obviously your problem with LEDs is your ability as a grower, has nothing to do with the LED.

20200827_135816.jpg

20200826_193444.jpg

20200825_141659.jpg

20190723_190028.jpg

20190721_212822.jpg

20190716_182003.jpg

20170905_085528.jpg

20170502_085925.jpg

20170502_085850.jpg

20160917_101920.jpg
STOP .. LEDS COST WAY MORE ..

Slightly more just for the light itself.
But HPS/CMH burns twice the power to keep up and you need to replace bulbs often and use more electricity for cooling.
In 18 months the LED has already totally paid for itself, in 3 years the HPS has costed you considerably more overall.

With HPS/CMH you would be lucky to get 1gr/w yield.
A proper LED can you get more than double that.
The LED creates more trichomes also.

The penetration of my LED is easily 3 foot and is actually better than HPS.
The spectrum is way better.
You barely had a valid argument 6 years ago.
Today you got nothing.
The ONLY case where HPS could be worth it is if you are growing in a very cold environment and you need a lot of heat

Also, you can't really use anything over about 1000 PPFD, thats just wasted energy unless you supplement with a lot of CO2 and even then 1500 PPFD is max.
My lights at 100% put out 1700+ PPFD at 18" above canopy and I can run them as close as 6".
The max I run my lights in late flower is about 75-80% and thats cranking the tallest buds with 1200+ PPFD, most of the time I am running them at 50% or less and I get very even coverage wall to wall.

And HPS or CMH pretty much suck for small spaces especially if you have lower than 9 foot ceilings.

I have a small space that's 2x5.
My LED fills every square inch with even lighting and I can run them close to the canopy.
To even come close to that with CMH you would have to run two CMH 315 and raise to the ceiling.
I would get way better canopy penetration with the LED.
20210504_121431.jpg

Also, you can't really use anything over about 1000 PPFD, thats just wasted energy unless you supplement with a lot of CO2 and even then 1500 PPFD is max.
My lights at 100% put out 1700+ PPFD at 18" above canopy and I can run them as close as 6".
The max I run my lights in late flower is about 75-80% and thats cranking the tallest buds with 1200+ PPFD, most of the time I am running them at 50% or less and I get very even coverage wall to wall.

And HPS or CMH pretty much suck for small spaces especially if you have lower than 9 foot ceilings.

I have a small space that's 2x5.
My LED fills every square inch with even lighting and I can run them close to the canopy.
To even come close to that with CMH you would have to run two CMH 315 and raise to the ceiling.
I would get way better canopy penetration with the LED.
20210504_121431.jpg
Amazing pictures man and some seriously information that is much needed on my end. So thank you. I’m just starting to do research on how to build my own light in my spare time. I have a 32x32in 6mm thick piece of aluminum currently and would like to eventually prep it for a build for a 4x4 tent.

Back
Top Bottom