Question about nutrients and pH water

I was mixing up my first batch of nutrients today. I only have two photoperiod plants right now and I made a gallon. My question is, can I keep the left over (mixed) nutes? My plants will not take the whole gallon. Can nutes be stored for any period of time? What about just plain PH water?

I was mixing up my first batch of nutrients today. I only have two photoperiod plants right now and I made a gallon. My question is, can I keep the left over (mixed) nutes? My plants will not take the whole gallon. Can nutes be stored for any period of time? What about just plain PH water?
Some nutes are better than others at staying in solution... but many of them will drop the nutrients out over time, so you cant store them... and shaking them up again does no good. PH'ed water is funny too, because unless you start with pure distilled water, the mineral solids react and break down over time, especially if you added some acid, and the pH can drift a little bit.

I can't speak for PH water with PH Up or Down in it but i'd imagine its the same for nutes, with that said i'd use the rest of the water within 2 days or so or you will start to see stuff floating in your water. Make sure you rinse your jugs out after every use also.

Some nutes are better than others at staying in solution... but many of them will drop the nutrients out over time, so you cant store them... and shaking them up again does no good. PH'ed water is funny too, because unless you start with pure distilled water, the mineral solids react and break down over time, especially if you added some acid, and the pH can drift a little bit.
Thank you

I can't speak for PH water with PH Up or Down in it but i'd imagine its the same for nutes, with that said i'd use the rest of the water within 2 days or so or you will start to see stuff floating in your water. Make sure you rinse your jugs out after every use also.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom