Question About Phenotypes: One Strain, Two Different Looking Plants

So I have two of "The White OG" from Seedsman growing right now. One has leaves that look (to me) to be Indica dominant, while the other seems Sativa dominant. Both came from the same seed pack. Both are 107 days old, 41 days since flip to 12/12. The website describes the strain as mostly Indica. What are your thoughts?

Every pack of seeds is going to different plants. Even the most stable will have some variance. Seeds are a lot like people they are all individuals. Even S-1 seeds will vary. That depends a lot on genetics. A selfed stable strain will have less variance then non stable strains.

That is the major reason to use quality genetics. Then all plants are good and some are better and best.

I had 2 similar looking females in a hybrid I made of Chocoloco x Critical. 2 plants had 1 growth profile like your top picture. They looked similar to the Critical. The third was totally different and had lots of rock hard golf ball buds all over. The same buds that the Chocoloco had. That plant looked like your second picture. So what you are seeing is not that rare. Just major differences in growth genetics.

The nice thing was they were totally different when it came to smell and high. Almost like 2 different strains. The highs were similar in only the fact that they were both sativa's. Production was close to the same. Plants ranged fro 2 to 2.5 oz

Back
Top Bottom