question on storing

BCMAN420

alright im thinking bout storing some bud for quite a while( about a year). Its goood weed to, is it a good idea to just store it away like that or dry it out a bit. Its not wet but not to dry that it crumbles, just perfect i guess. i will also be keeping them in sealed mason jars.

I would boil the mason jars to sterilize them if they were used for something else previously. I would also dry the bud out until there is NO moisture left.

Any moisture + dark, cool place + sealed container= MOLD!

If you are really saving it for a year and are not going to open them constantly then the freezer is where to put them.

yeah mold is wut im worried about, the bud is kinda dry but not too dry, i herd u should store it when its fully cured, and itll get better with age. the bud is prefect for smoking right now, so should i store it like that (not to dry) or should i dry it out till its like bone dry?>

Leave it in the oven with the door open at about 120 degrees for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it though, you don't want to burn it, just dry it.

Pop it in a freezer ziplock bag and make sure its air tight. Then place it in the freezer. The safest way to store for long periods. I've never gone more than a month with this method but you should be fine for a year.

i guess my main question is , is it alright to store it when its a little damp, not wet, or too dry just perfect. or deos it havta be super dry.

I think your getting good advice any moisture at all will produce mold. But man I would go freezer method, time proven. The only problem you have with that is you got to make sure that nobody knows its there the last time my sis stored good weed in the freezer it came up missing she was pissed.

does it hurt the bud if you feep taking it out then putting it back in? , like refreezing it a couple of times? , its jst cuz im moving to P.E.I this summer, so i dont think ill put it in the freezer yet.. or should i?

im just not sure if i wanna do that cuz it might harm the precious bud..

and could i keep it in a cool dark place for lets say a month? then put it in the freezer once i get there?

Heh, it won't "hurt" the bud per se. But you should keep in mind you really don't want moisture (hence the air tight freezer bag), and you don't want to bake it anymore to remove moisture since you would kill the bud. So just be careful with the moisture. Yeah. Though mold in the freezer isn't a big issue, freezer burn is.

Edit: As far as keeping it in a cool dark place for a month. I haven't done it but if you keep it dry and air tight you should be pretty okay.

Any time moisture evaporates off the surface of something you have in the freezer, freezer burn occurs. It doesn't have to be meat.

It makes the weed very brittle and stale. So yeah, it can be freezer burned.

yeah freezer burn sucks, happened to me when i just put it in a ziplock bag, but now i put the bud in mason jars warped in aluminum foil and all this shit, lol. Yeah i think im just gonna put it in a cool dark place for now until i get there in the summer, then it goes in the freezer. Im not to worried bout mold cuz it fairly dry. i dought itll mold in like a month or so ,until i get it in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom