Questions about growing in my greenhouse

pointer80

Hello all, I finally got m greenhouse finished and I will be growing in it starting next spring and have several fans and vents but temperatures still are getting around 95 degrees. Is this going to be ok? I have drip irrigation so watering is not a issue. Pictures of greenhouse included

FA604FE1-56C7-40FB-9E5A-CC57DF72FF7C.jpeg

2CC0DD97-DA8E-4DCB-AD24-E4827BBE1672.jpeg

32A5942C-3F7B-4E00-AF14-5EB21DD4CCE3.jpeg

2F5CFF7D-A537-4A14-A7D4-78234DD9B5A7.jpeg

Well that's a beautiful greenhouse. Hats off. Notwithstanding though, you're right. 95 degrees Fahrenheit may be too hot. Your plants may tolerate that temperature, but every reference I have read on the subject say that about 85F should be the upper limit.

Could you open the large square door at both ends of your greenhouse? Best of luck

Impressive. Well done!.

have several fans and vents but temperatures still are getting around 95 degrees.
Is this the temperature at the canopy level of the plants. I would think that at the canopy the temps would be the same as the outside especially with the sides of the house opened up like they are. Hotter than 85 degrees would be the somewhat trapped air in the area under the sloped roof and not where there is flow through along both sides.

What about the thermometer? Some of the digital units are very far from being accurate. I have found that the small tube thermometers used for aquariums to be more accurate and consistent from one to the next than the typical inexpensive digital units we find in the grow shops.

The temperature I mention is with the sides rolled down. With the sides up the fans don’t draw air through the greenhouse they just suck it through the nearest side opening. I am just trying to dial it in now

I base my grow on VPD chart. Not sure if you’re able to do so but I have really dialed in my plants doing so. May have some naysayers to interject but it’s really helped me when combating temperature and RH

@pointer80 What temperatures are you getting with the sides rolled up and the doors open?

You could use some shade cloth, white translucent tarp or I even misted chrome spray paint on plastic sheet for a shade cloth, during the hottest part of the grow

Back
Top Bottom