Questions about nerve conduction tests on spine

keninpain

Has anyone had a nerve conduction test done on the lower spine? I am scheduled for one on the 9th of march and I am about to loose my wits worrying about it. I just need to know how bad or not bad it is so I can ease my mind a little. Any info from the good brothers and sisters on this sight would be greatly appreciated. Much love to everyone:peace:

Wow... It is the most painful thing you can immagine... pure agony!

Just kidding :p

I have no idea about it. Just my sense of humour shining through. :)

Jonny

Thanks for fucking with my head! PUNK ASS. It's a serious issue for me I hope you had fun.

Thanks for fucking with my head! PUNK ASS. It's a serious issue for me I hope you had fun.

Sorry I blew up on you like that. It's just that my nerves are shot because this is a pre surgery test and it has me on edge. I have a lot on my plate and I stand to loose everything I own because I can't work or feed my children. I was just hoping for an answer that would ease my fears.:peacetwo:

Ken,

I've had nerve conduction tests on my upper extremities. Yes, it may cause discomfort, but the feeling is more one of sensation than pain, if you understand what I mean.

Just remember that you are always in charge. If you are overwhelmed by sensation, say "stop." If the practitioner does not honor your request, then gently suggest that if your wishes are not observed, you will leave.

This is a voluntary medical procedure. You are in control. There is nothing to fear.

Good luck tomorrow, and try not to lose any sleep over this. You are in control.

May God bless you in the treatment room, and in your struggle with chronic pain.

-- ip

My appologies, sincerly. My intent was to give a laugh and lighten your spirit. I intended no offence or calousness.
Your appology is accepted but not needed as I might have come off inconsiderate to your plight.
I suggest looking at some medical forums and or support group sites that relate to your issue. Seeing what others in your situation have to say about it will offer some comfort.
I hope for the best for you and your family durring these difficult times.

Jonny

My appologies, sincerly. My intent was to give a laugh and lighten your spirit. I intended no offence or calousness.
Your appology is accepted but not needed as I might have come off inconsiderate to your plight.
I suggest looking at some medical forums and or support group sites that relate to your issue. Seeing what others in your situation have to say about it will offer some comfort.
I hope for the best for you and your family durring these difficult times.

Jonny

I apologize once again, and didn't mean to be such an ass. Maybe I should go read the forums on anger and rage to figure out how to control myself before I snap of at the keys lol. And I have looked for info on the issue but all I kept coming up with was nerve conduction testing on the wrist or shoulder. Hope I didn't make any enemies. peace to you my brother.

I have as well, I had it done it is pain pure and simple. The doctors that did it were sadistic and laughed as I jumped off the table, Bastards. It lingered for a little while but tapered off after about 20 minutes. I will never willingly allow someone to pump electricity through me again.

Believe me I plan on being very medicated when I go tomorrow on my pain meds. . I have already told them they might want to strap my hands down. The only reply I got was a confused look I think they thought I was kidding. Well I have endured a lot of pain in the last 7 years with 8 other various surgeries sThanks for you input it really helps.

Good luck Ken,

It will not be as painful as you anticipate. Relax. Meditation is your best defense. The anticipation of pain can make things worse.

Be at peace and remember, you control the stop button.

-- ip

Good luck Ken,

It will not be as painful as you anticipate. Relax. Meditation is your best defense. The anticipation of pain can make things worse.

Be at peace and remember, you control the stop button.

-- ip

thanks ipgrunt! I am feeling better about it already, I searched all over the web for info and couldn't find anything but with the info you gave me it set me at ease. I was so dang worked up over this I have been a bear to everyone around me. So tonight my main goal is to apologize to everyone that I have made upset with my actions. I have a lot of i'm sorry's, forgive me's and I love you to spread around tonight. thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks to all who replied. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but was still pretty damn painful. I was stuck 14 times from my feet all the way to my lower back. And not to mention his little hand held device (what I can only describe as a tazer) SUCKED! the needles were small but when in the nerve and electrically charged felt like a javalin. I wouldn't want to go through this again anytime soon. and again stilletto sorry brother.

Thanks to all who replied. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but was still pretty damn painful. I was stuck 14 times from my feet all the way to my lower back. And not to mention his little hand held device (what I can only describe as a tazer) SUCKED! the needles were small but when in the nerve and electrically charged felt like a javalin. I wouldn't want to go through this again anytime soon. and again stilletto sorry brother.

Good show, Ken. That took guts, but now it's over, behind you. Congratulations, and again best wishes with resolving your chronic pain issue.

- ipgrunt

Good show, Ken. That took guts, but now it's over, behind you. Congratulations, and again best wishes with resolving your chronic pain issue.

- ipgrunt

thanks ipgrunt, I find out what kind of surgery and where on my back they will need to do surgery on the 17 of this month. this is all following the test just done. My results weren't to good I have moderate to severe bulging disks from my t11-12 all the way up to my l5 s1 verti l3 l4 touches both nerve roots and with multi level lumbar spondlyosis. I could have went through the whole list of problems but it was lengthy and i'm sure you wouldn't want to read it all. Know wonder I have been hurting. thanks for the support and if ever you need to get anything of the old chest PM me and let er fly. Hope you keep it green!:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom