Questions re: becoming a grower

Rockin123

Hello,

My name is Robin and I am working on my Masters in Library and Information Sciences at Rutgers in NJ. For a Search project, I have to help a friend with research on an information need. I am using a good friend as my subject. Her and her husband have the dream of moving to Colorado and growing marijuana for medical purposes, as it is a cause they strongly support. Their original plans feel through because their partner in this planned to skim for personal use. My friends are very intent on doing everything legal. At this point, however, this is really just research for the sake of my project

So, I have a few questions and will probably have more down the road. Any answers or helpful resources you can provide would greatly be appreciated!

1) Please confirm: do all growers need to be set up as a caregiver?
2) Do they need to have at least one patient lined up before they register as a caregiver?
3) Does the law still state that a grower can only grow 6 plants? Is this 6 plants total or 6 plants per patient? I thought I read that it could be 6 plants per patient and the only cap was that a grower couldn't grow more than 100 plants? Can someone please confirm?
4) I have read that the law does not state anything more in terms of how a grower acquires seeds, clones or whatever they need to start growing (pardon any ignorance in terms of correct terminology or lingo, I'm learning as I go :) )...so how does one get seeds, etc? Do they get it on the black market? from another grower? via a collective or dispensary? What is recommended?

5) Any other tips and advice? Lay it on me, I have a lot of holes to fill in my report.

Thanks so much!
Robin

1- Yes, or a patient
2- the patient or dispensary have to appoint you as a caregiver. so yes
3- six plants per patient, no more then three of those in flowering, but can have 4-veg 2 flower.. There is no cap ( as of yet) on how many patients you have.. The 99 comes from people thinking that the Feds won't screw with them with if they stay under 100 plants.
4- use your head, be smart......

High. This link should help: Colorado: Department of Public Health and Environment, Colorado Medical Marijuana Registry
You will have no problem obtaining genetics(seeds or clones) from a dispensary or caregiver. I like to get my genetics from the breeder or seed bank. That makes me feel more confident in the strain I $$ is going to be what is harvested.
Type in MMJ or Marijuana into he craigs list search of Denver and you'll be amazed at the results.
I reccommend consulting an attorney before starting your new operation because there is alot of bad info in this community as well as helpful info. You do not want to risk breaking any laws. If they take Iries' advice and "use your head", they will enjoy the Mile HIGH city as much as I do!:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom