Quick Question About Hash

Sonzor

Ok, so I made some "Gumby Hash".

I made it from dry leaves and buds I had from my last harvest. I am pretty sure it must be better to make it with fresh leaves but I had what I had and it was just something I wanted to try.

From what I remember from getting hash as a youngster is it was soft and pliable. Mine is hard as a rock and a chocolate brown color.

Is this normal?
Is some hash hard as a rock?
Is the chocolate brown a normal color?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

It's hard because of the method of extraction.Brown is good,green less so.

Thanks Kash, so how do they get the soft stuff. And is it better or worse than the hard stuff.. And if green is bad and brown is good is black better..

Depends on how it's made. When I was in Turkey we used to get 5 grades of local hash. Grade #3 stuff was like you described.

I always figured it had to do with the processing? All of the hash except for the best grades came pressed between cellophane and varied in texture from old baseball card bubblegum stick hard to a pliable black brown stuff. (It wasn't much thicker than the gum either.)

As it got late in the year the stuff dried out and got harder.

I've had some real nice green hash from Morocco so color isn't always a tell,IMO. A hot knife and quick hit will tell you what you need to know about the quality of most hash.

Shoot sorry guys I forgot to post the picture. Hope maybe this will help..

hash_ball.jpg

Depends on how it's made. When I was in Turkey we used to get 5 grades of local hash. Grade #3 stuff was like you described.

I always figured it had to do with the processing? All of the hash except for the best grades came pressed between cellophane and varied in texture from old baseball card bubblegum stick hard to a pliable black brown stuff. (It wasn't much thicker than the gum either.)

As it got late in the year the stuff dried out and got harder.

I've had some real nice green hash from Morocco so color isn't always a tell,IMO. A hot knife and quick hit will tell you what you need to know about the quality of most hash.

Thanks Firestone, some great information and I hope you take another look I forgot the picture. I already posted it before I responded to your post.

How does that brown ball of trichomes affect you when you smoke a hit or 2?

Back
Top Bottom